GregOug

• 1 month later...

I heard that Evinrude is making outboard motors again. Not what we are used to seeing, but all below the transom. Also they are teaming up with an Australian company to market them "down under" You will only be able to buy a complete package, no retrofitting to your present boat. Makes me and a few others think they are going electric so only the leg is behind the boat. Anyone else heard anything about this?  

7 hours ago, gungadin said:

I heard that Evinrude is making outboard motors again. Not what we are used to seeing, but all below the transom. Also they are teaming up with an Australian company to market them "down under" You will only be able to buy a complete package, no retrofitting to your present boat. Makes me and a few others think they are going electric so only the leg is behind the boat. Anyone else heard anything about this?  

Electric is inevitable. More Likely to be another 10yrs before they will be affordable but imagine how good that would be for the habitats we fish. 

I saw an electric boat at the boat show last year. Very interesting. It will be great when it becomes mainstream. Cheap to run, more reliable, quiet, easy start, less maintenance. If I could afford a Tesla I would probably have one by now. A lot of countries, including China, already have target dates for the end of combustion engines in vehicles, so marine applications can’t be too far behind.

• 1 month later...
On 17/07/2020 at 7:46 AM, Old Scaley said:

I saw an electric boat at the boat show last year. Very interesting. It will be great when it becomes mainstream. Cheap to run, more reliable, quiet, easy start, less maintenance. If I could afford a Tesla I would probably have one by now. A lot of countries, including China, already have target dates for the end of combustion engines in vehicles, so marine applications can’t be too far behind.

Just saw this. Interesting post mate. How good would a big electric go! I suppose if you run out of battery its the same as running out of fuel? I would probably need a huge solar panel so I got home.... 

2 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Just saw this. Interesting post mate. How good would a big electric go! I suppose if you run out of battery its the same as running out of fuel? I would probably need a huge solar panel so I got home.... 

Try again sweetie, it's already a thing 😎 Found an inflatable boat last year with a mate and decked it out with leccy, solar panel on the front, ply floor and Bunnings umbrella. 

We got some looks (jealousy) cruising around the sandy straits received_414918836061665.jpeg.c7b26de75573c9b76b2e507c76712df8.jpeg

Edited by samsteele115

14 minutes ago, samsteele115 said:

Try again sweetie, it's already a thing 😎 Found an inflatable boat last year with a mate and decked it out with leccy, solar panel on the front, ply floor and Bunnings umbrella. 

We got some looks (jealousy) cruising around the sandy straits received_414918836061665.jpeg.c7b26de75573c9b76b2e507c76712df8.jpeg

Brilliant love it

wouldve worked at wello last Saturday morning 😂

15 hours ago, samsteele115 said:

Mate you should sell them. They would go like hot cakes.