Bear On Tour - Report Added

Drop Bear

14 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Well the time is nearly up for the Bear to get on a plane and fly to an exotic fishing destination. 

The Plan is to head to Townsville and jump on a big boat and steam out over the water for ages and catch some fish. 

Here are some sticks that I have to take. 

IMG20201018072344.thumb.jpg.29cbf399672fe091539e2e454c1cdf40.jpg

I bought 2 rods for the trip and had 3 already. 

They will be holding onto these reels.

IMG20201018075805.thumb.jpg.3ba6633af38279893368aaa3482a7d04.jpg

So that means;

Tyranos 20 with 80lb braid on a 5.6 foot Ugly Stick

Saragosa 25k with 60lb braid on a 9 foot Penn Ocean Assassin HPE 6-10

Sustain 5000FG with 20lb Braid on a 7 foot Crazee Taco Stick Pe 8

Stradic CL 4+ with 15 lb Braid on a 7 foot 8 - 16 lb Nordic Stage Favourite 

Saragosa SW 8000 with 40 lb braid on a Rovex Sabiki and as a spare reel. 

So I have a lot of options covered. 

I hope to;

Send BIG plastics down to the staghorn coral for xos trout

Throw xx large stick baits and poppers over the shallows for monster GTs, xxos Trout, and xxos emperors (various)

Drop very large live baits to the bottom for Doggies, xxxos trout and Red Emperors

Float out large live baits for Spanish Mackerel

Flick medium plastics and jigs for Mackerel (Spanish, Shark, Spotted) , Whaoo, Cobia and Tuna (Toooona thanks @aussie123)

Flick light plastics and micro jigs for little reef fish for a bit of fun and some live baits. 

Catch live baits on the Sabikis. 

That should keep me busy for the week haha. 

I will probably do a stack of normal bait fishing as well for xxos large mouth nannies - see profile pic from previous trip.

I hope to post up photos of an embarrassingly excited drop bear (and his mates) holding extremely large and colourful fish with stunning blue water in the background. 

My only disappointment is I won't get the chance to try out the sea sickness tablets as we are expecting 10 knots all week!!!! This must be payment from the weather gods for a extremely ****** 2020 that included chronic pain in my foot, prostate cancer and all the other hoohaar that we have all had to put up with. 

I have packed my teddy bear (and teddy to sleep in) and hope to see you all next week. 

🙂

Good luck Drop Bear hope you clean up.

10 hours ago, Kat said:

Wow sounds like a dream week.  Don't forget the Red Bull or V - you will need it.  Are you planning on catch and release?  If not how are you going to get the full freezer on the plane home?

Can't wait to see the picks.  

Cheers Kat

I gave up caffeine a few years ago. I have a coffee every now and then if I am feeling flat and have a particularly big day and don't want to do it haha. 

In saying that I will probably have a few coffees on the boat.

I will keep some fish and release some as well. They pack it all up in freezer boxes for you and I put it on the plane as an extra bag.

So lots of delicious fish dinners coming up. Fingers Crossed. :)

1 hour ago, Drop Bear said:

Report to come. Here is a little teaser. 

Trip was great, weather perfect. The tax man took WAY TOO MANY of the best fish sadly but we got a few past them. Including this nice little Mangrove Jack.

🙂

IMG20201023062452.jpg

Holy crap Drop Bear , you could put a saddle on that. Awesome jack

5 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Great job Robbie - what a marathon of a trip

It must've been awesome going out there. Those fish are all massive! (and tasty!). The mangrove jack is a thumper.

Cheers Hamish

get your dad to take you up there one time. 

🙂

I will edit the report to put some details on the charter. 

Wow.  I really need to get much stronger and fitter, not to mention better at fishing. More Gym workouts and more fishing.  Then I am going to start saving for a trip like that.  Funny, before I got the fishing bug I would have been thinking about sandy beaches and beautiful forests for a vacation.  Now all I can think about is going somewhere where there is good fishing.  

Oh and I note there are no female fishos.  What a pity.

I presume the jaw is to mount as a souvenir?

Cheers Kat

1 hour ago, Ed. said:

Well Drop Bear back to reality and back to Whiting  and Bream! Won't be quite the same will it? 🤣. So have you already booked your next trip yet? You know you have been ruined now, every time you go fishing here you will be thinking about that trip. 😀

Yep back to the Bay haha. Oh well. 

I am yet to book the next trip. I will leave it a few years I think. 

1 hour ago, Kat said:

Wow.  I really need to get much stronger and fitter, not to mention better at fishing. More Gym workouts and more fishing.  Then I am going to start saving for a trip like that.  Funny, before I got the fishing bug I would have been thinking about sandy beaches and beautiful forests for a vacation.  Now all I can think about is going somewhere where there is good fishing.  

Oh and I note there are no female fishos.  What a pity.

I presume the jaw is to mount as a souvenir?

Cheers Kat

This trip is organised by a mate. Sadly it is a blokey trip. It was great that we had a female decky and it kept a few of them in check... a little. 

This trip is hard work. It took me a few days to get over it. It doesn't help that I drank a lot too... 

I think you would love it Kat. or something similar. 

I am not sure exactly what I will be doing with the jaws. Many people mount them. I will work something out. They have very impressive teeth so as much as anything I am keen to see them all cleaned up. 

23 minutes ago, Old Scaley said:

Nice Report @Drop Bear. Funny how everyone in the individual photo has an OzFish cap on, but in the group photo they all have different headwear??? 🤣  @Kat, that is a funny looking boy in the red tough toad t shirt.

haha yep I got them to all wear my hat when I took their photos haha. OzFish will be happy I hope haha. 

The funny looking boy was the decky. She was great fun and worked really hard.