Online Sharking Competition - Rules and Entries

AUS-BNE-FISHO

Hi all

So, for those of you going into the sharking competition, this is the official thread for entries and the rules. So all pictures of sharks go in here. You can banter and that sort of thing in the other thread.

For anyone who does not know the rules, they are (and a couple extras):

The competition will run from the 15th  of January until the 15th of February.  (So far)

The main reason for that is it is very busy around the Christmas break, so with the recommendation of an AFO member (ellicat), I decided to put it back a couple weeks. Apologies for any inconveniences. If it matters enough for everyone or you were planning to fish around the Christmas break, I could start it on the first, and have it finish on the date suggested above still. 

Anyone can enter.

So, seeing as though not everyone might see the thread (also based on recommendation from ellicat), if you catch a shark of any sort and haven't entered, just post it up in this thread (I'm sure someone could say in a report), and then you will be entered in the comp.

Categories - 

Biggest Shark All Together: @AUS-BNE-FISHO - 85CM Bull Shark

Biggest Shark Boat Based: @ellicat Catshark (only shark landed from boat and entered)

Biggest Shark Kayak Based: - 

Biggest Shark Land Based: @AUS-BNE-FISHO - 85CM Bull Shark

Most Shark Caught in Total (Not size dependant):

@christophagus - Bull Shark x 2

@ellicat - Catshark x 1

@AUS-BNE-FISHO - Bull Shark x 1

Most Unique Shark: @ellicat  - Catshark

Entrants So Far - 

@ellicat

@Drop Bear

@Cavvy

@AUS-BNE-FISHO

@christophagus

@Breaming with bro

@Kat

@kmcrosby78 (and Liam + George)

@benno573

@buzzard

@Ed.
Fish will be only accepted if caught on rod and reel

Self explanatory - it's not very sporting/fun to get them in nets, traps, etc.

Your entry for the 'Most Unique Shark' category will only be accepted if you're the only one who has caught that species of shark

Ideally, fish will be measured on a brag mat or measuring stick. If not possible, please give the best possible estimate and photo of the shark making it a bit easier to determine.

Cheers Hamish 🙂 (Updates will be made in this thread)

P.S. I will be the judge of the categories. They shouldn't be to hard though as they are all pretty self explanatory. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Ed. said:

Looks like there may be a chance that I might get a chance or two to fish within this time frame so sign me up, if not, well them's the breaks!

Is there/what is the unique sign/symbol for the photo's?

Ed.

Hi Ed. 

Sure. Will sign you up! Glad you’ve joined! 🙂 

The unique symbol will be released the day before the comp.

Cheers Hamish 

11 minutes ago, christophagus said:

i pre-fished a new spot on the pine 2 days ago (land based) produced two runs and one hook up. ill whack a report up soon once i finish editing a video. it was a pretty good spot with lots of space. might be a good location for northsiders to give a shot.

Hi Chris

Sounds good. I haven't been having any luck at the local park (which is disastrous). I reckon some eel might help though, because the sharks were biting their heads off on that stuff!

Cheers Hamish

P.S. On average, how many 'runs' become fish for you? I normally find by the time I'm on the jetty, the hook is right down their gob... Only get spat hooks once in a while.

1 hour ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hi Chris

Sounds good. I haven't been having any luck at the local park (which is disastrous). I reckon some eel might help though, because the sharks were biting their heads off on that stuff!

Cheers Hamish

P.S. On average, how many 'runs' become fish for you? I normally find by the time I'm on the jetty, the hook is right down their gob... Only get spat hooks once in a while.

hard to say really. i rarely miss a strike. On most occasions if it runs then disappears, ill check the bait and it normally has teeth marks in it our a chunk taken out of the bait. which happened the other day, ive got a pic of that 

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2021 at 9:02 AM, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hi all

Comp starting in two days! Exciting! Get the wire traces and hopefully some toothy faces ready to be entered! 🙂 

Cheers Hamish

P.S. It's not looking good for me. No eel, not much mullet. Not many bullies biting at the local park! 😱

Hey Hamish

Check with your folks and maybe I can drive up and take you land based sharking on the Logan.  But I might have to come up first and you and me go catch some eels or mullet for bait.  I have some Mullet and some stingray already.

If we have my car and your expertise we should be able to get something. 

Let me know by PM or text.

Cheers Kat

Hi Brian

The only category you’ll be able to submit that in is the ‘Most Unique Shark Category’. No measuring required for that one.

I lost one a bit bigger than usual, about a metre, at the local park. Something rather annoying though, people have been coming down and cast netting Tilapia out of the duck pond of all thing, and using it for bait. Then leaving crap on the jetty. Happened two days in a row now 😞 

Cheers Hamish

Okay seeing as Ellicat told me today that he didn't get my "joke" I must confess - the Hammerhead was caught very late in December so my "entry" isn't valid.  Ha ha.  Just looked through all my photos to see if I could find a circle anywhere.

Well done @christophagus!  I really used to think Sharks looked evil.  Now I am beginning to think they are quite cute (at least the small ones anyway).

BTW @AUS-BNE-FISHO, I can't find the topic for the Sharking Comp banter?

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Great fish mate well done. I was connected to a 2m hammerhead yesterday. Had a fish with tugger. I was on for about 4 seconds before it bit through the trace...  I know... POIDH...

haha

fish GIF

Thanks KM, Chris, and Drop Bear.

Yes, that would've been a mighty fine capture. Bugger it bit you off!

Cheers Hamish