tugger

24 minutes ago, Kat said:

Cool.  Can I ask what sort of boat you have? Just wondering what I would need to buy if I wanted to go on similar trips?

5.4m aluminium cuddy cab allycraft, it has a 100hp 4 stroke Yamaha. Definitely not the biggest boat that gets around up there but I put an extra fuel tank in to give it more range.

51 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

Ill be your decky anytime 🙂

1.  I don't buy lotto tickets.

2. Even if I did I couldn't possibly have you decky for me until I see how capable you are...hint hint.  Lol.

Cheers Kat

P.s.  Not sure what the price is but pretty sure my family would Lynch me if I spent all of my son's insurance money on a boat!

3 minutes ago, Kat said:

1.  I don't buy lotto tickets.

2. Even if I did I couldn't possibly have you decky for me until I see how capable you are...hint hint.  Lol.

Cheers Kat

P.s.  Not sure what the price is but pretty sure my family would Lynch me if I spent all of my son's insurance money on a boat!

Pfft they are cheap. that's why I have one... (I wish... only in my dreams)

Not much change from $120k... So in reality, I don't see me getting one any time soon. 

Great trip Mark. How good is that visibly consistent weather. Your photos show how nice it is out there.

Do you also do the head up overnight and launch straight away and then come back to shore and drive home straight away as well? What's your tips on doing that safely considering not falling asleep at the wheel?

4 hours ago, Do$tylz said:

Great trip Mark. How good is that visibly consistent weather. Your photos show how nice it is out there.

Do you also do the head up overnight and launch straight away and then come back to shore and drive home straight away as well? What's your tips on doing that safely considering not falling asleep at the wheel?

Thanks Henry I do know a few crews who drive up and head straight out and do the same heading home. I have the luxury most times to stay in town to break up the trip. The trip from my house to 1770 is 6 hours on average by road then where we fish is 2.5 to 3 hours drive in the boat. Add the sea conditions fishing for 2 to 3 days and it can knock you around a bit then factor my age this is why I like to break it up. All possible but you will feel it.