What's a good mid range Bass boat?

Dan23

I was just talking to the old man on the phone and he was saying he's thinking about getting rid of the old tinny and buying a Bass boat. He's your typical stingy dad so I doubt he'll shell out the cash for a really high end one, but what would he be looking at for something with a decent motor, good casting platform, live well and foot controlled electric?

Something to hit the Dams for Bass and to work estuaries for Bream, Mulloway, Jacks etc.

If I get some good options I can push him into it ;)

shortie wrote:

haines Prostrike

That's a nice boat but I doubt he'll go for anything more than 10-20k He'll only use it when I'm down visiting so something that nice isn't justifiable.

Sorry I should have specified a price range. If I suggest that to him then he'll lose interest immediately.

Dan - stop press - have a look in the latest Fishermans and Boat Owners (F&B ). It has the new Quinnie 450 Hornet Trophy fully done out. It's one great looking machine. It's the new Mullium Hull with extra stabiliy on the fore casting deck, has a bow mount electric, live well, kill tank, sounder, gps, below floor storage, built in fuel tank and the new Merc 60hp 4 stroke. Fuel economy is 8-9 litres per hour.

Best around at the moment. Base price i sabout 21.5k but fully specked out it's 31.5k.

The only thing I would do is add a grab rail around the weather shield.

Nice craft for Bay, river and dams.

Sweet I'll have a look.

If I can get him to fall in love with an awesome setup there's no telling what he'll spend. Last time he got a whim he spent 50k on a caravan! lol:laugh: So a nice boat is a definite maybe.

I'm heading down there tomorrow to terrorise some 40cm Jacks, Bream and Bass plus spend some time telling him how great it'll be when he gets his Bass boat.

Plant the seed and watch it growB)

Feral wrote:

I'd recommend Something based on the Quintrex Explorer hull. 3.85 to 4.5m size.

Still small enough to have a motor you can realistically remove for electric only dams, decent freeboard, good stable boat. They are the model Steve uses at Hinze.

That sounds ideal. I'll have a look thanks.

bootyinblue wrote:

Oohh ok... But new comes with the 'new price' and the new price devaluation as soon as it gets wet.

I am more the lazy type and would snaffle up the boat that is already set up, that is after I find a pregnant chick to marry. See I told you I was lazy!

That's wrong.:blink:

Plus Dad doesn't have to pay stamp duty and all those taxes on new stuff because he's a Vet with PTSD. So he gets a massive discount.

Fair enough too I say.

bootyinblue wrote:

Oohh ok... But new comes with the 'new price' and the new price devaluation as soon as it gets wet.

I am more the lazy type and would snaffle up the boat that is already set up, that is after I find a pregnant chick to marry. See I told you I was lazy!

Give me a call if ypu find the right girl and she's not pregnantg. I'll come around and fix her up for you mate.;)

I know, I know, But heh what are mates for:laugh: :P

Jayson

rayke1938 wrote:

Bit off subject but in latest Qld Fishing Monthly there is a 5.5 savage jabiru fitted with 115 4 stroke for 15k made me drool. Only thing against it you couldnt get on lenthalls but wouldnt it go elsewhere.

Cheers Ray ( the fustrated hoon)

frustrated hoon ray lmao isn't the hydro quick enough anymore?

Archived