Ideas for a tourist

Dnepr

Hey guys,

My 10 yr old nephew arrives from Moscow tomorrow and I've thinking of locations to try while he's here.

Our usual spots are landbased around Deepwater Bend, sometimes at Bribie, Hornybrooke Bridge, Redcliffe, Scarborough and a few unsuccessful trips to Manly.

I reckon he'll be happy almost anywhere he can get onto a fish but I'm just dying to see the look on his face pulling in his first decent catch.

If you had a 10 yr old visitor who is described by his babushka as "so excited he is jumping like a goat" :woohoo: where would you take him?

I've been thinking of the bli bli barra farm but that doesn't seem very sporting...

Taking a bit of a drive north or south is no problem... but we have no boat so a hire boat or landbased would be required.

Dnepr

Thanks bogan,

I've only fished Noosa once and had a dreadful day. It was after a long rain period after Xmas though... so I guess I should try it again.

kevinchen19870316 wrote:

what's ur standard of a decent fish? like what size?

Kevin,

I'm going to take him for a deep sea day trip but that will just be a special treat. Hopefully we'll be taking him out for a fish every weekend (He's here for a few months) so I'm looking for some fresh ideas on landbased (or hire boat) spots.

In my terms a decent fish would be a decent flathead or something with similar fight. His head will be exploding with excitement anyway but I'd love to see him to experience something more than a sub 30cm bream.

Dnepr

Beware Noosa river is murky as well now due to massive rains up there. There are however massive schools of bream down around the mouth.

The concept of the barra park doesnt "seem" that sporting. But i promise, once you get a hook up in the big boys pond you will soon change your opinion.

Angus

kevinchen19870316 wrote:

try live baiting with prawns around indooroopilly area, he might get a fish of his life time.

I hear there is some 3ton Cobia in that part of the river.

Perhaps you could pick up a deckies spot for you both with someone from here. I would be only to happy too but I am not sure when my boat will be back in the water and fishable.

Terry

Have to agree with Bogan, if you dont mind the drive, kingfisher boat hire is pretty cheap, you can get a decent little half cabin for the day and have a trawl out towards the mouth of the noosa river, theres the woods at the end of hastings street where you can get trevs and mangrove jack as well as live bait if thats what your into and out behind the sheriton there is Whitta Circle, a bunch of big houses on the river with heaps of pylons to fish for big bream.

Mozza wrote:

If you can get hold of a boat ... around all the mangroves and stuff at jumpinpin are good ... produce alot of fish big and small. Or you could try jacobs well or something???

I woudl second this idea and I know that the bait and tackle shop have a decent fitted out tinny to hire from there now too.

Archived