China's preparation for the Olympics!

kriso

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TerryH wrote:

Whats a Gravid ?

As far as I know a "Gravid" would be referring to a pregnant lady. I know when preg testing cows, when you feel which horn of the uterus the calf is in, you call that the "gravid horn" and the empty horn is referred to as the "non-gravid horn". This would make sense in the context of the picture.

Nice work Kriso, some good engrish there! Love it!

Cheers,

Matt

Well, at lease China try to make it easy for foreigner to travel around the country, which not too many country do. I don't think pick up those "funny" translation is funny at all. Yes, I agree those signs should not be there at all if the shop owner is not confident on its English skill, if visitors want to come and have fun, learn the local language or get stuffed.

And by the way, some of those pictures are in Japanese not Chinese, without the title of the emails, you wouldn't even know who to target, would you?

BlueEvil wrote:

Well, at lease China try to make it easy for foreigner to travel around the country, which not too many country do. I don't think pick up those "funny" translation is funny at all. Yes, I agree those signs should not be there at all if the shop owner is not confident on its English skill, if visitors want to come and have fun, learn the local language or get stuffed.

And by the way, some of those pictures are in Japanese not Chinese, without the title of the emails, you wouldn't even know who to target, would you?

you seen china town in the valley pretty accomodating i think. street signs in chinese and a place to display your culture i would think about these things before throwing stones, and again its a joke.. it doesnt mean you have to like it and i dont think its racist either so wheres your arguement?

kevinchen19870316 wrote:

i feel sorry when u post these. some r japanese and korean but well, u can't tell chinese from those 2 languages anyway. i don't think it's good to laugh at other country's mistakes on a fishing site. silly

Kev I am sure your English is much better than my Mandarin or Cantonese :blink: and my wife is half Chinese, but please see this post for the humour it was intended not an attack on China....

I sure you would have a great laugh at any attempt I would have a writing in one of the Chinese Languages.:dry: :laugh:

kevinchen19870316 wrote:

not funny at all for me.

i can post jokes that make u look awkward so better not make a joke when ur obviously offending other memebers.

blueevil: ur right man, i wish Chinese ppl r not so kind to try to write in english. those visitors will really get stuffed learning chinses. lmao

is that a threat? post away, what i have put up isnt racist and is a joke. if you have some put them up good chance i will laugh at them instead of making an arguement and ruining your thread like you have done mine.

my mrs is malaysian and she is teaching me a bit of the language. i am a constant source of amusement for her, with incorrect interpretations adn pronunciations.

if you have a problem with these, i have been sent them in an email at least 6 times this year, my mrs (who is of asian decsent) loved them and said there are signs like that everywhere and the locals who are bi-lingual think they are great.

i don't care - any sign that says dying prohibited is funny, no matter what country it is in.

kriso wrote:

BlueEvil wrote:

you seen china town in the valley pretty accomodating i think. street signs in chinese and a place to display your culture i would think about these things before throwing stones, and again its a joke.. it doesnt mean you have to like it and i dont think its racist either so wheres your arguement?

Yes, sign are in Chinese in China town, and in Japanese at gold coast. My point is: it is not a national thing, those signs you gave are not in one city one town, they may be collected at a remote country town where the shop owners could only see a couple of foreign visitors in one year, he made the attempt to be friendly and he fail, I don't want to laugh at him at all.

Of course, if you want to laugh at it, feel free to do so...

kriso wrote:

kevinchen19870316 wrote:
not funny at all for me.

i can post jokes that make u look awkward so better not make a joke when ur obviously offending other memebers.

blueevil: ur right man, i wish Chinese ppl r not so kind to try to write in english. those visitors will really get stuffed learning chinses. lmao

is that a threat? post away, what i have put up isnt racist and is a joke. if you have some put them up good chance i will laugh at them instead of making an arguement and ruining your thread like you have done mine.

u can take anything a thread if u want to. a bird flying on the sky and be a thread as it can drop (*&) on u

kevinchen19870316 wrote:

i wish it was a joke and it's better if u ask urself what is RESPECT b4 annoying others.

you to respect my freedom of speech and respect that i can have my own opinion of whats funny or not. keep out of this thread.

Kevin....

If you really want to push thr envelope of respect and what is offensive, then I was highly offended at the PM which you sent to another member on this site saying the 'Chinese will have the last laugh when they take over Australia'.

Now that is offensive to me and I am sure a lot of other people on here and is way outside the bounds of the code of conduct of the site.

Its never too late to report something....

freedom of speech is based on that u won't annoy others if u r well mannered( but doesn't seem that way).

i don't wanna get into a massive fight but i don't like others laughing at my country. i don't think anyone would be laughing when i post silly things australians do.

so everyone make mistakes that those who kept laughing over the mistakes r real shit.

Kev and BlueEvil.... guys these were posted as just a bit of a laugh. I'm full asian and I think its hilarious. No need to be offended. its funny.

If you are offended, don't look at them. Simple. Please disregard this entire thread if you don't like it.

And so what if he got the countries wrong.... jeezus. Its all part of the funny part of the joke. Even if it is wrong who gives a toss. No need to turn this humour thread into a "I'm angry coz you offended me coz your laughing at someone else" thread.

bootyinblue wrote:

Kevin....

If you really want to push thr envelope of respect and what is offensive, then I was highly offended at the PM which you sent to another member on this site saying the 'Chinese will have the last laugh when they take over Australia'.

Now that is offensive to me and I am sure a lot of other people on here!

now that's the point. don't u know emails can be editted? lmao

kriso wrote:

kevinchen19870316 wrote:
i wish it was a joke and it's better if u ask urself what is RESPECT b4 annoying others.

you to respect my freedom of speech and respect that i can have my own opinion of whats funny or not. keep out of this thread.

Kriso, Kev respects your freedom of speech, but he also has freedom of speech mate, and he has right to express his opinion in this post.

I didn't say anything when I saw those picture first time, second time and third time, but when is the end?

I am out of this now, have fun.

Archived