Nudda NPD Whopper Sun Arvo

Dinodadog

As it fined up this arvo and I was sick of talking to myself because the wife went to the snow for a week,I thought I had better slip out to the dam and annoy the bass. Well it turned out to be a good idea as I had a hot bite from 3pm to 3'30pm landing 9 bass.

Most were around the 40cm mark except for one that came in at 54cm with its tail natural or 56 if squeezed together. I'll settle for 54cm. Anyway a nice fish by any standards. All caught on slugs near bullockies.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog

1st today [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/56_001.JPG

post-1453-144598464106_thumb.jpg

Good to see Dino still catching fish. Me and a mate also went out this arvo for a few hours and smashed them on slugs while chasing pelicans they were all small fish. So what did you get the 54cm bass on.

Those slugs are great. I landed eight on Saturday and got grassed by as many. Lost my halco on the first cast, bloody clip gave way to the fish. Had a lonely raider 15g to do the rest of the damage.

High barometer 1023

Norm

Rocket75 wrote:

They have been hard tp find of late, so you did well;)

Rocket

Rocket is right. Nog has done quite well. :)

They're hard to find these days. Yesterday, I was there for a short while and lost 2 slugs and a spinnerbait. Three AFO big guns were there and was not getting anything as well as I left. :(

EMP

Rocket75 wrote:

good stuff Nog, was that the first time you have used slugs on bass? feels a bit wierd, but it works !

where were you fishing on Sat?

AM or PM?

Were there any birds working bait in the area?

They have been hard tp find of late, so you did well;)

Rocket

Hey Rocket/Dingadog

It was the first time I've used them with success. I was fishing the drop offs near the island between Forgans and Bullocky. You know the spot you have to walk to....

Fished between 2:30 and 4:30. No birds working but I did notice a lot of birds two or three points around from Forgan's, which is another of my spots I used to frequent.

I got lucky with htiing a school, but I must admit alot were only just size so I worked the edges to get the decent ones. Largest only went 42cm but with the grass it was a real battle. Locked up drag on 20olb braid and high sticking them to try to keep them out of the grass. As I said I lost as many, need to sharpen my hooks as when they grassed themselves and I let off the pressure to see if they'd run alot threw the hooks.

Barometer certainly makes a difference

11 June 1023 hPa equaled six fish

15 June 1018 hPa equaled zero fish

12 July 1023 hPa equaled eight fish

Moral of the story....don't bother if barometer falls below 1020 I reckon..or a howling westerly :)

Norm

Archived