AFO North Pine Dam Bass Comp 2008

Angus

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant wait till Sunday. Ill be taking the usual spinners, but also going to be throwing some slugs around. I havent had much luck on them before but they seem to be doing well at the moment. Is it the standard wind and let drop action with slugs, or just pull em in like taylor fishing?

Good luck all, wil be good to catch up with ya's!

Ash wrote:

Cant wait till Sunday. Ill be taking the usual spinners, but also going to be throwing some slugs around. I havent had much luck on them before but they seem to be doing well at the moment. Is it the standard wind and let drop action with slugs, or just pull em in like taylor fishing?

Good luck all, wil be good to catch up with ya's!

Mate this sound like a weird analogy, but at NP i fish slugs like id fish plastics. So like a hopping motion. This nailed me several bass and the last big AFO meet at NP.

Angus

Sparksie wrote:

Me too Kriso...

Anyone know what affect the wind will have?

Doesn't look pleasing on seabreeze..:dry:

Apart from affecting your casting distance and making life a bit uncomfortable, the wind probably won't have much effect, the temp and barometer seem to have more influence.

Try to find a spot where you are casting with the wind or at least not into it.

Rocket

kriso wrote:

sweet so is everyone starting from mcgav's or just anywhere and meet at mc gavs

To be honest i wanted to fish a place we got to from Forgons. But now the waters up, i dont know how to get there! Used to take 30 to 40 mins to get there, cutting straight across. But now the waters completely covering where we used to walk, i dont know how long it'd take, or how to get there!

So it'll most likely be McGavins for me.

Less than 24 hours:woohoo: :woohoo:

I have a few large SP's that I think will catch Bass and I'm looking forward to giveing them a go.

I'm not worried about winning anything, I just "NEED" to catch a fish. Tomorrow is the start of a 3 day fishing fest:woohoo: I need to break in my new reel and tackle and I dont think the Flathead at Schultz will scratch the itch this time;)

See ya at 4:30 tomorrow morning Jase:woohoo:

Jayson

Hey guys,

I'll be getting to north pine at like 6-6:30, me and dad will be pretty easy to see just look for the tall skinny guys, one old and balding the other not so old and with a full head of hair hahah.

Just about to go stock up :woohoo:

see you guys at the weigh in/photograph checking??

Angus wrote:

This thread discusses the Content article: AFO North Pine Dam Bass Comp 2008

I am personally looking really forward to this one.

I am going up there from Towoong and should be bale to 1-2 people depending on how much stuff i need to take (BBQ, food etc).

Cheers.

Event: This competition will be held on the 24th August 2008 and is open to both Lure and bait fishermen. Entries will be based on length not weight. Entries will be submitted as a photograph on a measuring device that can be clearly read.

Time: The competition will kick off at 5:30am on August the 24th and will conclude at 12:00 midday sharp on the same day. Registrations will be made via email and you do not need to register with the event organizers before commencing fishing. Your honesty in adhering to these time frames will be most appreciated. Anyone found to have caught fish outside the designated time frames will be regretfully disqualified. It is also illegal to fish North Pine Dam before dawn.

Location: You may fish anywhere within the designated fishing zones along the bank at North Pine Dam. Watercraft access to the dam is strictly prohibated.

BBQ & Measure In: The BBQ & Measure in will be held at McGavins View at 12:15pm to 1:00pm. Entries will close at 1:00pm sharp.

Categories: There will be, as the name of the competition suggests 2 major categories for this event:

1. Longest Australian Bass.

2. Longest Golden Perch (Yellowbelly).

Prizes:

Longest Bass:

1st: A Lee Strachan custom rod.

2nd: Strike King Lure Pack

3rd: Strike King Lure Pack

Longest Yellowbelly:

1st: AFO Merchandise pack including: Jacket, Beenie, Fishing Shirt, Patch, Hat.

2nd: Strike King Lure pack.

3rd: Strike King Lure Pack.

Entry procedure:

To register for this competition please email the following details in an email titled NP Bass Comp to: angus@australianfishing.com.au:

Name:

Username:

Contact Phone:

Cost: The competition entry fee is $30. A BBQ at the conclusion of the competition is also included in the price. Payments can be made to the following bank account:

Account Name: Brisbane Fishing Online

BSB: 124103

Account Number: 20364022

Spirit Of AFO: Not everyone wanting to attend this event will have transport there.. I would strongly encourage a show of hands in the forum as to who does need a lift and see if we can fill that need.

Bump this so people can read the rules..;)

Jayson

Well - got slugs, (chrome and painted) buzzbaits, spinnerbaits, chatterbaits, a couple of heavy G vibes, a mix of plastics and even a couple of mal Florence hard bodies just in case!

Pulled out the 14 foot surf rod, bunged the ALvey on, and a casting plug. Carted it up the back yard for a couple of practice casts, cripes it weighs 400lb compared to daiwa baitcaster on a graphite rod. Quickly decided if I cant reach them with the baitcaster, they can stay there!

No way am I carting that surf rod around the dam for 6 hours!

Settled on 6 foot baitcaster and 2 reels, all set to rock!

Ok me and George are now coming we have a lift there and back but no lift from forgans to Mcgavins for the barbacue so if somone fishing forgans give us a lift to mcgavins. If nobody is fishing forgans we can walk to Bullockys rest and get a lift from there. Just tell me time and place and we will be there.

username_taken wrote:

Went and spent some money at BCF today, so all ready for it. Angus I'll probably be bringing a mate from work, will get him to pay during the day. Is there a specific area most people will be fishing? I'm probably more interested in being social than commando crashing through the far reaches of the dam.

Paul: Mate ill be fishing off the rocks arond McGavins for the day. I have not had massive success here in the past with only a few average bass, but like you im happy to mix and mingle.

Also everyone: There are been a few last minute entries tonight! But dont worry, i went overbaord on the snags so all should be fine.

If i dont have the names on the list i can just add them tomorrow so no biggy.

Cheers!

Angus

Archived