AFO North Pine Dam Bass Comp 2008

Angus

This thread discusses the Content article: AFO North Pine Dam Bass Comp 2008

I am personally looking really forward to this one.

I am going up there from Towoong and should be bale to 1-2 people depending on how much stuff i need to take (BBQ, food etc).

Cheers.

Event: This competition will be held on the 24th August 2008 and is open to both Lure and bait fishermen. Entries will be based on length not weight. Entries will be submitted as a photograph on a measuring device that can be clearly read.

Time: The competition will kick off at 5:30am on August the 24th and will conclude at 12:00 midday sharp on the same day. Registrations will be made via email and you do not need to register with the event organizers before commencing fishing. Your honesty in adhering to these time frames will be most appreciated. Anyone found to have caught fish outside the designated time frames will be regretfully disqualified. It is also illegal to fish North Pine Dam before dawn.

Location: You may fish anywhere within the designated fishing zones along the bank at North Pine Dam. Watercraft access to the dam is strictly prohibated.

BBQ & Measure In: The BBQ & Measure in will be held at McGavins View at 12:15pm to 1:00pm. Entries will close at 1:00pm sharp.

Categories: There will be, as the name of the competition suggests 2 major categories for this event:

1. Longest Australian Bass.

2. Longest Golden Perch (Yellowbelly).

Prizes:

Longest Bass:

1st: A Lee Strachan custom rod.

2nd: Strike King Lure Pack

3rd: Strike King Lure Pack

Longest Yellowbelly:

1st: AFO Merchandise pack including: Jacket, Beenie, Fishing Shirt, Patch, Hat.

2nd: Strike King Lure pack.

3rd: Strike King Lure Pack.

Entry procedure:

To register for this competition please email the following details in an email titled NP Bass Comp to: angus@australianfishing.com.au:

Name:

Username:

Contact Phone:

Cost: The competition entry fee is $30. A BBQ at the conclusion of the competition is also included in the price. Payments can be made to the following bank account:

Account Name: Brisbane Fishing Online

BSB: 124103

Account Number: 20364022

Spirit Of AFO: Not everyone wanting to attend this event will have transport there.. I would strongly encourage a show of hands in the forum as to who does need a lift and see if we can fill that need.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ellicat wrote:

Malcolm wrote:
Bags fishing with Dino

You can have that Mal - I'll be heading far away from Dino - you know he has them all trained to only chase his lures:P

To right, also I'd to think I was in with a chance for the comp until I at least got to the "measure up", fishing with Dino, you would be left in no doubt pretty early in the piece :blink:

Loving the support so far guys. Cheers!

Please get the rego emails in ASAP. This will help me massively making sure im catered A OK as well as getting teh spread sheets done up. Also im working on a few more sponsors for the event so the more names I have down the better :)

Angus

Feral wrote:

Have they changed the opening time?

Last time I was down there "gate opening" was 6am.

Feral: Although the gates open at 6:00am I think the rule simply states that you cant fish the dam before dawn. I could be wrong so ill check.

Angus

tacklebox wrote:

Angus, might there be a discount for our younger, shorter fishos?

Tacklebox: I could do that, but under a kids category. Not really fair to the people paying full price if a child flukes a big fish and wins the prize if you know what I mean.

Angus

Angus wrote:

tacklebox wrote:

Tacklebox: I could do that, but under a kids category. Not really fair to the people paying full price if a child flukes a big fish and wins the prize if you know what I mean.

Angus

Angus, IMO no one attends these events for the sole purpose of winning prizes and could care less if a prize went to a junior angler. :) Presumably, they'd be there with mum and/or dad who would've paid the full amount anyway.

It's just a thought, not trying to create more work for you!

ps. Terry, LMAO! :laugh:

tacklebox wrote:

Angus wrote:
tacklebox wrote:

Angus

Angus, IMO no one attends these events for the sole purpose of winning prizes and could care less if a prize went to a junior angler. :) Presumably, they'd be there with mum and/or dad who would've paid the full amount anyway.

It's just a thought, not trying to create more work for you!

ps. Terry, LMAO! :laugh:

Tacklebox: No thats cool. I like suggestions. I bought all those plastics Ando was selling to use and prizes. I will add a kids category (subject to interest) at $15 bucks per head and the prizes will be lure packages. This will still include a BBQ afterwards and drinks of course.

Angus

Feral wrote:

Kids entry is a good idea, what about "non competing" family etc who I might be able to con along to the BBQ! (IE how much for BBQ attendance for non competitors)

Feral I would try and work the BBQ for non competitors to be like $5 bucks or something. As long as I knoe before hand so the full price payers done get duped on meat :) But yeah if you want to bring family members along for the BBQ just let me know in the rego email and tack another $5 on to the price.

Does that sound Ok?

Angus

Angus... Is there a discount for an adult member who is only fishing half day and wants to take his BBQ meat away with him..LOL?

Nah only kidding, I would be there but I have to work and I think I would need some 1 on 1 tuition with Dino'bassmaster'dog prior to embarassing myself in fresh water.

Archived