$17M pool

ellicat

Nothing to do with fishing, but this astounds me so much I had to share.

The MtGravatt East State School is having two 25 metre pools built - one with a shed and change rooms, the other not under cover.

Price = $17,000,000-00:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

I'm sure someone would like to thank all those government boffins with the community wallet for spending our hard-earned so very wisely:S

Construction is well advanced. I can't say who told me, but the info is reliable;)

Apparently the BCC is handing over the dollars to the "builder", so the BCC will probably own it and lease it out to the QGovt (EdQ ?) who will probably rent it out to swimming clubs and other schools in the area as well as their own use.

Some of the construction techniques and materials being used are over the top. In a thousand years it will be the southsides Colloseum:laugh:

At the end of the day it is "our" money that is funding it.

At the end of the day it is a ridiculously obscene amount of money for two pools and a shed with some retaining walls.

obone wrote:

The amount of money that the government pumps in sport, such as training the athletes (AIS etc.) for the Olympics is just obscene. Maybe it’s just me but I think that priorities for taxpayer money is a bit out there. ?

Joel ;)

Sport is our national religion unfortunatley so people will always find it of very high importance.

So many problems in our schools and they pour money into something like this......IDIOTS.

And there is no $$$ for dredging the waterways.

WTF The GC is the boating capital of Qld but at mid to low tide you can't get a yacht of ocean going capicity with a draft of more then 2.5mt up the south passage past wave break island.

It is internationaly embarrasing to hold a fleet of yachts in side the seaway while we wait for the tide to put enough water accross the shoaling so we can get a boat down the passage.

This really ticks me off, especially when the crew have been on board for 3 days and all they want is a rum & coke but they have to do donuts in the seaway for 4 hours.

But you get 17m for a pool or 2. I wonder why there is no $$$ for dredging the waterways.

You idiot law makers, foolish turds should be keel dragged and bottom bounced accross the artificial reef.

Just letting of some steam!:woohoo:

Archived