Wet Weather State Of Origin Options

Angus

Hey guys.

This was raised in another thread but I thought id start a new one for fresh discussion sake.

So if its rains...

My experience down there (about 8-10 trips), I have found high tide pushes mass ammounts of salt water up river regardless of rain. Thus Id say this would be the place to focus.

There are plenty of quality land based fishing options near the mouth so dont worry about that.

For night time dry fishing, the highway bridge now has a walkway under it as well. This is a mere 200m walk from out camp site and will make a good night time breaming spot.

Failing that there will also be large sheltered areas at the camp site and beers :)

Look forward to seeing you all there!

Angus

If it rains too hard party in cabin 4 with Lozz and Glenda, cabin 3 with Ray and Chilly, bowles club for the oldies and the pub for the noisy mugs.

I think Angus hit it on the head about the tides. At the top of the tide will be the go.

Taylor love the rain don't they? I am thinking bait will be better then lures and I am thinking live bait will be better then dead. I am thinking that live prawns will be the best options so I'll be taking my scope net and head lamp. Herring will also be an option if we can find them. Potties will be good and don't be surprized when you see me throw out a live bream minus one fin and half a tail.

Day time - yabbies may be the go for whiting and flatties. I better find that yabbie pump.

Rain - so what!

Brian D wrote:

If it rains too hard party in cabin 4 with Lozz and Glenda, cabin 3 with Ray and Chilly, bowles club for the oldies and the pub for the noisy mugs.

I think Angus hit it on the head about the tides. At the top of the tide will be the go.

Taylor love the rain don't they? I am thinking bait will be better then lures and I am thinking live bait will be better then dead. I am thinking that live prawns will be the best options so I'll be taking my scope net and head lamp. Herring will also be an option if we can find them. Potties will be good and don't be surprized when you see me throw out a live bream minus one fin and half a tail.

Day time - yabbies may be the go for whiting and flatties. I better find that yabbie pump.

Rain - so what!

the big jewies love the fresh run off at the mouth!!!!

Hi boys and girls we have a LARGE tarp 30x30 we are on site 154 kreel 153 feral 156 if you dont mind giving up some ground it is big enough to keep everone dry and atleast can be wet on the inside.just an idea let me know what you think cheers darren.

Just been on to the weather web bom web site and it looks like the rain is bribane city north touch wood it stays there.Might need a hand if possible friday with the tarp if the winds up or i might be flying back to brisbane:laugh:should be there by 9.30am if i don't tamiss the turn off:blush:

dassa wrote:

Just been on to the weather web bom web site and it looks like the rain is bribane city north touch wood it stays there.Might need a hand if possible friday with the tarp if the winds up or i might be flying back to brisbane:laugh:should be there by 9.30am if i don't tamiss the turn off:blush:

Yeah the radar has been showing minimal rain towards Byron. As you say touch wood and lets hope its all good.

Takes more than this to dampen typical AFO spirit :P

Angus

Brian D wrote:

Where's the best place to buy big fat boys wet weather gear? I can't seam to find any to fit my XXXL frame. :blush:

What, dont yaughties get wet anymore? I would have thought you would have been smothered in mobs trying to push the latest and greatest foul weather gear!

Archived