State Of Origin Event Postponed

AFO

** This thread discusses the content article: State Of Origin Event Postponed **

This is an important announcement for everyone registered to compete in the State Of Origin fishing competition this weekend the 22-24th May 2009.

As you may be aware the Bureau of Meteorology (Australian Government) has released a severe weather warning due to 90km/h winds and potential flash flooding: www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDN28500.html

It is extremely unfortunate but due to the current weather conditions (Severe Weather Warning) our insurance for the event will not be valid and together with our concern for everyone's safety and enjoyment we have been forced to postpone the event as our insurance for the event  

Revised Date:

We have rescheduled the event for the 31st July, 1st August and the 2nd August. This date has been chosen to give people a fair and reasonable amount of time to make plans around their work and social lives. I have emailed all registered participants of the competition with these ammendment.

Entry Fees:

Entry fees paid for this event are fully transferable to the new date. Further information on how to transfer your registration will be made in the coming weeks. Due to the management and logistics of organising this event no refunds can be made if the participant is unable to compete on the revised date.

If you are unable to attend the rescheduled date for this competition the procedure as outlined in the Event Rules from the original event article will occur.

Camping:

The Ferry Reserve Camp site has indicated that deposits should be transferable for this event as well. However we would advise getting in as early as possible and get this done.

We are immensely sorry for the inconvenience this may cause some people, but as you know the weather is out of our control. We hope to see as many of you as possible on the revised date for this event.

I really hope as many of the original people as possible can make it!

Let try and put a bright angle on this!

Hopefully we can make it even bigger and better with the extra time, and hey, maybe even attract a few more Blues!

At the end of the day one of the few things we cant control is the weather so its out of our hands, but we will do our best to ensure a fantastic event when it does happen!

Cheers.

Angus

Brian D wrote:

I have spoken with Ferry Reserve and all bookings have been move to these new dates so you don't need to ring them unless you are cancelling.

Awesome mate. I just finished emailing them when I saw this but thats awesome news for anyone that wont get to see this for a while.

Cheers!

Angus

Feral wrote:

Just got on to them via email about my booking, they confirmed they had already moved it to the new dates!

As cool as that was of them to do, I think the people still going shuld let them know. They must have just moved every booking without consulting?

Angus

Angus wrote:

Feral wrote:
Just got on to them via email about my booking, they confirmed they had already moved it to the new dates!

As cool as that was of them to do, I think the people still going shuld let them know. They must have just moved every booking without consulting?

Angus

yeah alls good with deposits as long as you rebook for the new dates ...

there cool with that.. much to there credit i might add ... :cheer: :cheer:

thanks very very much to the Ferry Reserve Park ...

the support that this comp has received from the afo members has been outstanding ...

so im taking this opportunity to thank each and everyone for the support shown for this comp...

the bloody weather gods didn't shine on us, and that's the gamble we all take every time we go fishing ...,

hopefully the new dates will allow the original anglers, and any new comers, to get organised for a fully blown assault to win the trophy for their home state ...

but we may have to revise the species list which will only add some interest ...:laugh: seeing we will be more in to the change over of seasons by the new dates ..

I am just bummed about the whole thing. I was looking forward to this as much as everyone, especially with all the work put into it!

Once again I reckon we take a positive slant on this and just make sure we have a frikkin fanstastic time on the new date!

Angus

I'm with you Angus, I appreciate all the effort gone in and it will not be wasted. Thanks to my blue team mates (Maxi and crew) for doing their bit.

In july the bream will be bigger, the snapper will be plentiful and the conditions will be more friendly to get outside. THis is going to work in our favour.

It will also be i the middle of the SOO Footy.

Ok so let me get this straight, Queensland wins the first round due to the fact that the storm is coming down from Queensland into NSW and we have a re-match at the end of July start of August.

All good.

Queensland 1

New South Wales 0

Don't know if I can wait that long for my new net Maxi :laugh: :laugh:

Will have to catch up beforehand sometime. Maybe a pre pre-fish one weekend ;)

Also, in the meantime you'd better let me know what I owe you for the net and the campsite. Shoot me your details via pm if you like. Thanks for covering both so far too mate...appreciate it.

Sure does Ray. There was never any doubt and this way both sides remain injury free for our club sides :laugh:

Maxi, I've sorted the net thing with Dusky mate. No rush for the net as I've got an environet now and the fish I'll be catching between now and when I see you will be too big for a net anyway ! :laugh: (I wish! :blush: )

well its sort of crappy it got canceled.

i just thinking ,i would have been down there 11 am today and by this time all set up had a fish had a play in the tinny ,had a feed and be doing some lazy bait bank fishing while having a drink.

instead i worked today and not i'm sitting here tired and about to go to bed ,and then working tomorrow .i hate work some days.

could have been fishing and having fun.

oh well guess work will give more money and maybe some new toys before the new date .

2 months build up to it.

well mite go for a paddle around collages on the weekend if it not to fast etc.that should sooth my sole. :)

Archived