2009 Flathead Social

Angus

** This thread discusses the content article: 2009 Flathead Social **

AFO members and friends, you are all invited to attend the 2009 AFO Flathead Social. This event is being in the Bribie Passage on the 13th of September 2009.

CATEGORIES: There will be 2 prize categories for this event:

• Longest Flathead (Photo entry allowed for oversized fish as per the AFO standard Photo entry format detailed below).

• Best Miscellaneous Fish

PRIZES:  Damiki Lures has provided lure packs to the value of $100 for each category.

EVENT REGISTRATION: To register for this event please email the following details to entries@australianfishing.com.au (please cut and pate the format from below for consistency). This is a social event, however so we know if we are waiting on anyone at the BBQ we still ask that you register your details for attendance.

Email Title: Flathead Social Registration

• Competitors Full Name: eg John Smith

• Competitors AFO Name: eg fisherman2000

• Competitors Mobile Number: eg 0407 655 897

• Competitors Email Address: fishing@hotmail.com

Payment: There is no cost for this event.

BBQ: Lunch/BBQ is BYO.

Event HQ: The event HQ will at Spinnaker Sound at the point marked in green on the map below.

bribie-20090820.JPG

FISH ENRTY: Fish entries will occur between 11:30am and 12:00 midday. This event is not a catch and release competition.  You can either use the actual fish or a photo for entry. If you use a photo the below photo entry process must be followed.

PHOTO FISH ENTRY PROCESS: Any photo entries for this event must follow the following procedure:

All photo entries are to include:

• The complete fish on the brag mat.

• A photo of the angler holding the fish.

Photo will be inspected on the competitors camera. Please ensure the photo is clear so the exact length of the fish is not in question. Your camera must have a screen and zoom option to enter a fish in this way.

PRIZE PRESENTATION: The prize presentation will occur at 12:00 midday on Sunday at the Event HQ. 

NOTES:

• All fish entered must comply with QLD legal sizes

• The organisers reserve the right to refuse entry to any persons they deem unsuitable to compete.

• The judging will be conducted by AFO admin who are thus ineligible to compete.

Entrants:

1. Angus Gorrie - Angus

2. James Wahry - James W

3. Kylie Wahry - Fergies Mrs

4. Henry Do - Do$tylz

5. Dean Kennedy - kiwifisho

6. Tom Lazlo - Tomca

7. Travis Warren - Travis

8. Nic Keech - Keechie

9. Ian Ferguson - Fergie

10. David Paczkowski - Davo Dinkum

11. Colleen Paczkowski

12. Paul Paczkowski

13. Nyomi Paczkowski

14. Rhys Paczkowski - rooroo

15. Trsytyn Paczkowski

16. Darren Harvey - Dassa

17. Cheryl harvey -

18. Ty Parsons - Tybo

19. Andrea Harvey

20. Megan Harvey

21. Brett Freshwater - Freshy

22. Terry Langham - Bigtez

23. Andy Balzat - Dexterrose

24. Conrad Martin - bmxdirtjumpa

25. Paull Trapp - Raven

26. Greg Booth - bootyinblue

27. Eugene Zhang - Eug

28. Tina Le

29. John Vallance - Sly32

30. Eli Crowther

31. Sam Franklin

32. Michael Vallance

33. Ben Hodgkinson

34. Brad Larsen

35. Jeff Flynn - Jeff F

36. Craig Clifford -

37. Lisa Baier

38. Lauren Baier

39. Sean Burger - Burger93

40. John Burger -

41. Adam Hill - Hulk

42. Bryan Wilkin - Batty

43. Sue Wilkin -

44. Milo Wilkin - Milo The Wonder Dog

45. David Kellerman

46. Zorica Kellerman

47. Matthew Kellerman

48. Kiara Kellerman

49. Kayla Bayliss-Paczkowski

50. Anthony Wild

51. Joel Adams

52. Rod Vardy - Rocket75

53. Kathy Vardy

54. Jeremy Heidemann - Sehrguht

55. Matthew Dixon

56. Jerrod Swane

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope to see plenrt of AFO'ers there!

Final location was chosen based on the massive ammounts of land based access and family friendly locations.

You DO NOT need to launch at this ramp. The entire sorrounding area is fair game, this is just the location for the BBQ.

Angus

Angus wrote:

Quite a few more over night. Id say we should see some great fish caught at this.

Just to clarify you DONT need to attend a pre event registration, you can commence fishing as early as you like.

Angus

so this weekend is a good start??? :laugh: and gus as for ningi i will also be scooting up ningi as a mate lives up there

Travis wrote:

Angus wrote:
Quite a few more over night. Id say we should see some great fish caught at this.

Just to clarify you DONT need to attend a pre event registration, you can commence fishing as early as you like.

Angus

so this weekend is a good start??? :laugh: and gus as for ningi i will also be scooting up ningi as a mate lives up there

Well the night before at the earliest :P

I am actually going to make a post about this so there is no confusion.

Angus

tomca wrote:

I'll probably take the yak and hit up around one of the creeks for the early morning then head over to the bbq area and drift around.

Well ningi is really the closest creek around and there are plenty of flatties. (from previous experiences).

Angus

yeah I'm up for whatever via yak :) as much as I'd love to take up BigTez on his boat space :)

If there are any newies that are keen on a boat, I'd take up BigTez's offer. He knows his shiz and is a great bloke with a pimp boat. Only thing is I reckon you'd need to know at least average knowledge of fishing though .... you'll get killer time fishing on this boat.

Tez if no one takes the free spot by the time the day comes around I'll take it :) Keen as mustard to get on that boat again :)

Archived