Reef Charter , Who is interested

Lozzel

Hi all,

The Attend Events is now up and working again and the Noosa Charter has been listed. This is a good way (especially for future events) to monitor who is signed up to go on an event. So for this charter its not a big deal, but i thought the people below might like to sign up to Attend this event and give it a test run. Go to your User Menu on the left and click on Attend Events or go to the main menu Community > Attend Events.

BOAT 1

1- Feral

2- Kriso

3- 2 Wheels

4- Aaron H

5- Do $tylz

6- Gazza

7- Rosscoe

8- Booty n Blue

9- Jeff F

10- BUD

11- Brian D

12- Tim A

BOAT 2

1- Lozzel

2- Glenda

3- Angus Gorrie

4- Ian Gorrie

5- Neil Gorrie

6- Hendo

7- Jaharn

8- Mr Giles

9- Faulked

10 - John Petrie

11 - Ellicat

12 - Reelchippy

Post edited by: webmaster, at: 2007/06/17 22:54

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2007/06/18 19:23

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2007/06/18 20:16

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, Ok.. If you had read a previous post that I had done on the Boat Lists. You will see that the names are only a guide to see who was coming.

If you would you like I WILL rearrange the names to suit. ;)

But BOAT #2 is already a WINNER as it has the best LOOKING members on it. :P

Brian ,Dont start crowing to soon, you might be on boat #2 yet :laugh:

Ok so who is going to keep the fish they catch? I might keep one, but most likely not interested in taking much home.

Do reef fish catch and release ok, or does the decompression knock em around to much?

Or should I be saving them for the poor buggers in boat 2 to take home, save them a trip to the fish market on the way home.

last one i went on there where a few that suffered barotrauma ( when there eyes bulge out or swim bladder comes out of the mouth for those who havent seen)the deckie would just prick the bladder and chuck back in was probably about 60% survival rate

Well Feral I think Kriso is right - the charter will keep any legal fish that is caught. I nearly got chucked over board last tmie I threw back a legal on charter.

But as stated boat#1 better keep most fish to cover boat#2 lack of catch.

Loz looks don't count for everything - besides I don't think I would call Angus \"pretty\":kiss: :sick: :pinch: or maybe I just don't see him the same way you do!:woohoo:

Feral ,I was thinking that anything legal we will keep , and share arround at the BBQ. I know I will only take enough for a couple of feeds. But I promised a friend a feed also.Realy its up to the person catching the fish as to what they want to do.

Kriso, Thanks for the offer, save 1 for the BBQ for me.(Beer on boats is not for me)And I am driving. ;)

Brian , I was refering to the ladies. If the fishing is slow the secenery will be good. :woohoo: But on the other hand Boat #2 will toss you a couple as we cruise past with a full load. :whistle:

Gazza wrote:

if not we'll get booty to get them all booked on their way home LMAO

Bugger that... Will just defect their vehicles on the way up and then they have no chance of even starting the day!

On a much more serious note though, are we putting on a BBQ and some drinks after the event?

Paid in full But :pinch: directly to the charter that was the first post I came across on paying :whistle:

On another note leave the boats as is it will make for a good read in the forum :P challenges and all GO BOAT 1 :P

just one other question if all of us like to use overhead reels do they have enough :blink:

Gaz

if not I'll bring my own I hate :evil: alveys

Hey i just realised i think i've been with these blokes before. Just got a bit bored at work so decided to have a look into the company that we're going with.

If its the same guys...one of the most jaw dropping parts of the fishing trip is after when they gut all the fish after docking and throw em over the edge. The amount and sheer size of bream and other fish that come and smash the guts thrown over is crazy. Makes you wanna throw some light line over and keep the fishing going.

These guys were pretty good when we went. Got heaps of pearlies, a couple of amberjack, cod, parrot fish and a few others. Should be good.

brian d - these guys throw back the smaller legals. They only kept the well legals when we went.

Was just having an advance look at the day of the charter.

Within a few minutes, low tide at 5AM High at 11AM. Roughly the same time we'll be heading out and in.

Also had a look at the bar on the coastal watch website (http://www5.coastalwatch.com/templates/default.aspx) and it's currently low tide there. It looks like you'd beach a kayak at the moment - very low.

Also, It's so cold there was only one person on the beach. Didn't realise Jordan must have a day off.:P

Post edited by: ellicat, at: 2007/06/20 09:48

I found a old copy of Fishing Queensland monthly mag september 2006 (Noosa)

Here is part of the report :)

Offshore the annual snapper onslaught continues with plenty of big knobbies coming in from every possible location,the rock hoppers are even catching a few.

The closer reefs such as north and Sunshine will have delivered thousands of snapper by september,but there will be plenty of quality fish available.

Sweetlip and pearl perch will be on offer and there will be plenty of cobia caught as well. :woohoo:

The report goes on about just taking what you need etc

All I can say is lets hope this year is as good or even better B)

Gaz

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2007/06/22 13:37

I'm sure the sight of those Alvey's have scared a few of us into taking our own rod and reel.

Just wondering what you plan on bringing.

How many rods ?

What will you have on your reels ?

I've go two rigs in mind to take - an O'head and a spinner.

Might be a bit early to ask, but I am already getting a bit excited.

I'm with you Ellicat

I fished with those alvey's and they suck big time :(

I'm bringing my trusty old ab 7000 loaded with 20 lb pre test and probably my 4 lb braid outfit ;)

I did ask how many overhead outfits they had but never got a reply :pinch:

Gaz

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2007/06/27 08:31

Here's a couple of links to where the reefs are and depths etc (some GPS points too Brian;) ).

/>http://www.fishingnoosa.com.au/Page10.htm
/>http://www.noosanet.com.au/todo/fishing/reefgps.html

I'd be thinking the 4lb braid might be a bit light-on Gazza, especially when we'll be hooking fish at least 5 times that ;) :whistle:

Will the deckies re-rig for us taking our own gear ?

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2007/06/27 08:59

I have never done a charter up here, but when I was on gaol in NSW we went on a charter once a month (now thats got you thinking!). Most guys took their own overheads and just had a snap swivel on the end, and the charter supplied rigged leaders to clip on. I will be doing just that again.

Do you think there will be a need for a spinning rod too?

Gazza ; Sorry I must have missed that post. :pinch:

I sent of an E-Mail to tony tonight and asked that question as well as the 1 that Ellicat asked about the rigs.

Hope to have a reply tomorrow.

As for gear, I'll be taking my 10kg stick & TLD25 with 30lb braid. Glenda will be using her Ugly stick & Penn 7000 spin reel with 20lb mono.. Thats what we used up north on the reefs. ;)

dont think many or any of the noosa skippers have a ticket to go past 15mile, the water depth is around 50m on all the popular reefs untill the 25mile area and current is rarely a problem which is good as its not super hard work and produces a lot more fish than the same depth in the southern waters., a 4-8 ball above a trace is the best all round rig for the quality snapper/cobia in that depth area. the parrot feed on the bottom so more lead is fine.

Answers to Elli & Gazza Questions.

Each of the boats has two overheads for use by customers and we can replace their lost rigs no problem at All. We generally fishing 15 kg line as our maximum breaking strain.

Regards

Tony

Hope that is the answer you were looking for.

Laurie.

Just a quick reminder, to those members who are still to pay their DEPOSIT.

I will be paying the DEPOSIT to the charter company next FRIDAY. 13-07-07

MMMMMM friday the 13th, might leave it till monday then... 16-07-07.If you could send me your deposit,or full payment, before then it would be appreciated.

Final payment (balance)has to be paid to charter mob, Fri 10th AUG. 3 weeks before as per their e-mail.

If you dont have my Bank details, drop me a PM and I'll send them to you.

Thanks

Laurie.

Archived