January 2011 Flood Images

Angus

Been a while since I've been on here but with all that's going on over there in Brissy at the moment I had to pop back. Crazy pictures Angus.

All that madness must be pretty surreal, it was incredible enough watching it on the news.

Meanwhile over here it's clear (see attached out of my office window) and as dry as a dead dingo and it's been sitting around 37 degrees for the last week or so. What a country of extremes hey?!

Will try to get back on here a bit more often now, hope you're well Gus, Ryan, Henry etc.

post-4623-14459856584_thumb.jpg

terry those are some insane pictures. i was one of the last people to go over the top bridge before it went under and thats intense how high it got.

We were the last car into Kilcoy on Sunday. Have some video footage I will post when I get the new camera to talk to the laptop. We ended up having to come home via Mt Glorious in the pouring rain. Wasn't much fun at all.

DSCF1410.jpg

The creek for this is usually quite small, a small trickling freshwater creek home to some eels. The Creek is actually behind the white trucked trees you see in the background.

DSCF1406.jpg

Same creek, at a pedestrian/bike track bridge crossing.

DSCF1402.jpg

A nearby neighbourhood, bit of water in the streets

Heres a beauty:

DSCF1401.jpg

Just after the white sign, there should be a foot bridge. The creek there is usually about a metre deep and very slow flowing, if at all. I have caught many freshwater eels off this bridge, however you cannot even see it in the flood waters. Just some debris crashed up against it.

And a beauty:

DSCF1384.jpg

That's about ... 2 streets away from my place :cheers

Ben Dereki- cheers mate. All good over here mate. I hear you guys are getting some douchebag firebug down at Mandurah...

Well.. for anyone that doesn't know, most of Brisbane CBD is getting the power cut tonight/tomorrow. So no office tomorrow for me... but working from home... booooooo. Will take luncha dn head down to Fairfield for a look. tried to get down there this arvo for a skimboard session but Fairfield road was flooded.

more pictures of goodna .

these are from about 1 pm this arvo.

this is the round about at the RSL at goodna .

post-4394-144598566354_thumb.jpg

had to drive through this to get through ,no other way to go.

Evan Mariginson Park ,this is between Ipswich motor way and Brisbane terrace

post-4394-144598566363_thumb.jpg

goodna boat ramp

post-4394-144598566374_thumb.jpg

water level at the bridge on Brisbane terrace ,beside the swimming pool.

this is not the Brisbane river just a storm water run off area that connects to the creek beside goodna boat ramp .

post-4394-144598566383_thumb.jpg

the water was just under the bridge on the way in .so i hurried the mrs and kids along as didn't want to get stuck,the water was level with the bridge and lapping the road on the way out .

Mills street Park Goodna.

post-4394-144598566392_thumb.jpg

had to drive through more water to get out .then we went home,too unsafe to be out i reckon .

these where taken by friends about 5 pm ish today .

gales caravan park

post-4394-144598566403_thumb.jpg

i drove through water here only 4 hrs before these pictures .

post-4394-144598566407_thumb.jpg

post-4394-144598566428_thumb.jpg

post-4394-144598566432_thumb.jpg

and that why i wanted to get out of there in a hurry at 1 pm ish ,u could tell the water was coming up and the area was going to go under soon .

well i looked at more pictures this morning ,goodna it a lot higher now .road cut at red bank plaza .

so hopefully the augusta parkway and centenary hiway are still open that run through spring field .

so food can get in .going to go out try and buy some bread .

couldn't get any yesterday as people panicked and bought out the shops .

wow

shops where mega full on today , it chaos.

no bread still ,guess we will have to make damper.

i now have bread :),woolworths redbank plains has a bakery.

they made the same amount they bake in a week for today,so stood in the bread line and got some bread .:)

I lost my Pajero to the flood crisis today :woohoo: It was parked in the car park at the fire station whilst I was out helping others in desperate need. Never seen water rise so fast or so high, and my job took me to some pretty impressive rescue sites :(

Al

Sorry to hear about the Pajero mate. That really sucks.

Bummer on the Pajero (qfrs insurance?)...My sister/brother inlaw and her family of 3 littlies were going to leave their home at RiverHills this morning based on what media were saying, but we told them to get out last night at nightfall and not to wait...when they checked the house at 8 am this morning it was almost up to the second level. Glad we made that call to them, now we know they are safe.:ohmy:

Archived