Haig Park Gentlemans Fishing.

rayke1938

Left home in pouring rain with the next door neighbor in tow.I had had a look at the radar nand it showed no rain in the direction that we were heading nso off we went.

We arrived there around 8ish and had a bit of a fish in some fast running water where it was a small bass or a spangled a cast on bait but no interest on a variety of hardbodies. I think that the fast running water interfered with the lures action as quite a few of them just raised to the surface and wallowed.

We stayed there for around an hour but decided we needed to sit down so we went back to the car and set up the chairs and proceeded to relax. Well it wasn't exactly relaxing as we had to continuously get up to dehook fish and get new bait.

For 3 hours we constantly caught small bass,spangleds,a couple of good sized tandanus,and a couple of silvers.

Knocked off at midday to come home to more rain.

Photos to come.

Cheers

Ray

did you go to grammar den?

I did mate, and know the spot, we used to set off from there to get to the camp site in year....8 or ten maybe?

also canoed there one year because the dam was so low that carrying the boats from the shed to the water would have meant a solid 1.5kms :(

didn't know lauries camped there as well...

good ol pepper hill (jords is that the right name?), the day we went was in grade 10. coldest may recorded out there, the morning after camping out there was a thin layer of ice in the creek bed which we had to jump into after the morning run.

well i bet the boys this year will be cheering at the water level, short walk :P what year you graduate jords?

think it was pepperina, but yeah sounds about right. Mate the lauries camp is other side of the dam, near the gorge. Ahhh the ice breaker, slowest kid on the run has to take the plunge!

This is only my first year out mate, how about you?

Great spot Ray, I hope NPD is not too jealous of your infidelity ha ha ha!!!

Ryan.

Thinking of going back there Sunday to atone for my sins.:sick: ( And to collect more shrimp for Haig Park. Its great to go somewhere and not to have to drag boat along,)

Cheers

Ray

id be very keen to drive out there and tag along one day ray..let me know when ya keen for a shadow to follow ya out there! ;)

Same here! Even though I'm 99.999% sure I know where it is, it's always nice to have a bit of company while going for a fish

Archived