Spam messages from banned user

AFO

Unfortunately this morning a banned person was able to get back into AFO and send out SPAM messages to 26 members of AFO before we were able to remove this user.

The user was Tezza_07 and so if you received one of these libelous messages from this user we ask you to disregard it and delete the message.

This person has been previously banned from AFO and uses any chance they can to criticise AFO and our hard working moderators. The AFO admins and moderators spend countless hours helping keep this site running smoothly and keep the forum organised for everyone, so it is a kick in the guts to have one begrudged person start untruthful rumours and bring our site and our moderator's good name into disrepute.

This is defamation and under the Queensland Defamation Act 2005 it can be prosecuted against.

We warn all our members, that if you engage in activities that do not adhere to our Terms of Use or even worse anything that contravenes Queensland Law you will be banned immediately and may be referred to higher authorities.

Yep i woke up and found a message sent to me by Tezza_07, i gathered it was from a banned member... spouting a load off rubbish....wiped it from my in box :)

Cheers for the update AFO ;)

Cheers

Darren

you'd think they'd have better things to do with their time?

well done on the site guys, i think i speak for the majority when i say that this site exceeds my expectations of a forum NOT run as a buisness, keep up the good work.

adam

Technically the site is a business. AFO costs a reasonable sum to maintain and run and thus we do need to generate revenue to cover costs (at the very least).

Just hosting alone for the site (need over 200gb transfer per month) is in the thousands B)

you'd think they'd have better things to do with their time?

well done on the site guys, i think i speak for the majority when i say that this site exceeds my expectations of a forum NOT run as a buisness, keep up the good work.

adam

Technically the site is a business. AFO costs a reasonable sum to maintain and run and thus we do need to generate revenue to cover costs (at the very least).

Just hosting alone for the site (need over 200gb transfer per month) is in the thousands B)

interesting to know mate, i guess i meant ur not making a living off it.

Still a strong believer in outing people who do something like this. He would be known to some people on here and a good quality photo with some factual details like name, number etc normally puts people in their place.

Its due to the anonimity of the WWW that these people prosper in their antics.

Was thinking just how good AFO was after watching another melt down on a different forum. The way they are going it will be a forum full of guys with barrows to push and cut and paste internet experts.

AFO on the other hand just deals with any hiccup and moves on. Guys that love to fish and are good generous blokes with some of the offers of fishing trips and freebies that seem to be common place here. Proud to be a member.

gee, I missed out. Must not be part of the 'in' crowd

i missed out too and woke to late to see it .was all cleaned up .

but i would guess it would have been along the same line as most pests posts .

Yeah I missed out as well, wanna know what crap this joker was sprouting ;)

And gotta agree with waldo, proud to be a member here, don't see any of the bickering like you do elsewhere and there is always helpful advice and offers of deckie spots and so on. For anybody to go mouthing off at a member here then they must not be right in the head, hopefully these sorts of people are stupid enough to do it to someones face and cop a fistful for it.

Archived