AFO wanderers camping at Blakesleys nth Stradie july 20/22

tugger

Heya,

I'm new here, but thinking of coming over as suggested.

At this point it'll just be me and I'll be heading over on the Sat(early). I have a 4.75 stacer with a 60HP 4strk Merc, so unsure if it is good to head off shore with, but it could be and I want to learn.

I'll have 2 spots available on the boat.

So this is a tentative yes from me.

Mate, just make sure you have all the safety gear, a few helpful links

/>http://www.msq.qld.gov.au/~/media/d7f7a97e-f8ec-4e2a-882c-25f2a2d74aca/rec_safety_equipment.pdf

/>http://www.msq.qld.gov.au/~/media/a4acad5d-c755-4b11-bf28-b48d97a3467c/comm_fish_op_handbook_ed2_waterlimits.pdf

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heya,

I'm new here, but thinking of coming over as suggested.

At this point it'll just be me and I'll be heading over on the Sat(early). I have a 4.75 stacer with a 60HP 4strk Merc, so unsure if it is good to head off shore with, but it could be and I want to learn.

I'll have 2 spots available on the boat.

So this is a tentative yes from me.

Hey mate - If the weather is good you should be able to jump the Bar. If you are wanting to head out with us on Saturday you will need to be up early as we will probably leave the campsite around 5.30 so we can jump the bar at first light. Otherwise there is plenty of fishing in the bay. I would probably launch from Victoria Point to go to Blakesley. It is the closest ramp and better water.

I'll be able to make it by that time. I've never crossed a bar or gone into open waters before, so I hope to have a good learning opportunity on the day if possible. Safety is my #1 priority, so if it is unsafe I won't try.

You wont have a problem demarc.

Just be there when we are ready to head across the bar and we will guide you through.

Hopefully there will be a Southerly with little swell and she will be dead flat,you can just cruise straight out.

Those 4.74 Stacers are a great old hull and do handle a bar very well and do so better than most boats of that size.

Once offshore our fishing ground is only a couple of miles offshore so no issue there for you.

We will have some great skippers there that morning so you shouldn't have any issues but if in doubt,don't go out!

You wont have a problem demarc.

Just be there when we are ready to head across the bar and we will guide you through.

Hopefully there will be a Southerly with little swell and she will be dead flat,you can just cruise straight out.

Those 4.74 Stacers are a great old hull and do handle a bar very well and do so better than most boats of that size.

Once offshore our fishing ground is only a couple of miles offshore so no issue there for you.

We will have some great skippers there that morning so you shouldn't have any issues but if in doubt,don't go out!

Brilliant! Thanks alot. I also have a UHF on the boat, so that will come in handy. :)

Really looking forward to the weekend now!!!

I'll have two spots for others still, be great to have someone with bar experience on board. ;)

My Boat is

Lance

Callum

Me

what time you guys thinking of leaving the ramp,so far in my boat there will be me,flash1980 and murphy,i was going to go just for the day but now thinking the weekend if the weathers good.will be trying somthing different this trip on the fishing side of things.brad

If anybody wants to attend but is holding off because they don't have a tent, I'll have extra room in mine as Erin and Peyton are staying home for this one and I've only got the 6-8 man tent.

Thankfully, Ted has his own tent (I hear he is handsy :kiss: )

Alternatively, if anybody is going and wants to save some room in their boat by not taking a tent I've got room for 2 or 3 more people in mine.

Cheers,

Gary

If anybody wants to attend but is holding off because they don't have a tent, I'll have extra room in mine as Erin and Peyton are staying home for this one and I've only got the 6-8 man tent.

Thankfully, Ted has his own tent (I hear he is handsy :kiss: )

Alternatively, if anybody is going and wants to save some room in their boat by not taking a tent I've got room for 2 or 3 more people in mine.

Cheers,

Gary

haha now who looks like they are planning on being handsy :sick: I have a spare single tent if you want to camp on your own. oh that is right you get scared of the dark when you are on your own.

I'm leaving from cleveland at 0900 friday to get there on the high tide to unload all the gear

My Boat is

Lance

Callum

Me

what time you guys thinking of leaving the ramp,so far in my boat there will be me,flash1980 and murphy,i was going to go just for the day but now thinking the weekend if the weathers good.will be trying somthing different this trip on the fishing side of things.brad

Just worked it out this is it so far

tugger

madmullet and ash

davopac and 1

bundyguy and son

moparkevuk

crazywalrus

aussie123

sehrguht

haines490slc

neal82 and wife

daveylad

kmcrosby78

woody1

mickfillet

ricko69

pancakes and haggis

straddiebrad

murphy

flash1980

bundyguy and son

mottleycrew and 2

gary c

basstracker

demarc

e-fish-n-sea

shane69

tomca?

dion and 1

brendon

Really looking forward to this one Tugger, you got the list of who is coming along yet?

theres even a chance the madmullet will make an appearence after being drydocked all year!! fingers crossed kurt, in which case a big kiwi unit mate of mine is looking at coming (double the chickens required) .. either way, going to be a good weekend with some good times and a few chooks...

Since I'm coming on the Saturday, I think I'll play it safe and not try to go offshore. :)

So - On Saturday when I head over, how does it work? Just introduce myself around then setup camp? Anyone in particular I should find?

I'll follow some people around the bay for fishing and I'll take whoever needs a spot on my boat.

Is mooring your boat on North straddie the same as Tipplers, as in you leave the boat out a little bit of distance and tie off to a tree?

Looking forward to the weekend, but getting nervous as I don't know anyone yet!

Since I'm coming on the Saturday, I think I'll play it safe and not try to go offshore. :)

So - On Saturday when I head over, how does it work? Just introduce myself around then setup camp? Anyone in particular I should find?

I'll follow some people around the bay for fishing and I'll take whoever needs a spot on my boat.

Is mooring your boat on North straddie the same as Tipplers, as in you leave the boat out a little bit of distance and tie off to a tree?

Looking forward to the weekend, but getting nervous as I don't know anyone yet!

Don't be nervous mate,you will be meeting a wonderful bunch of guys who will do anything to help you out.

Just rock up and say your from AFO and you will get introduced to everyone.

Pick a spot for your tent and get settled in or dump your gear and go fishing for a while.

You will need to keep your boat out in deeper water so 2 anchors will be required and a long rope to reach the shore.

Most of us use a specific shore anchor kit these days,saves so much hassles as you set it when you get there and pull it out when you go home.

All you do is clip your boat to the anchor rope and pull your boat out into deeper water and walk away.

You will have a fantastic time so don't be shy and bring lots of piss :P:P:P:P

Don't be nervous mate,you will be meeting a wonderful bunch of guys who will do anything to help you out.

Pick a spot for your tent and get settled in or dump your gear and go fishing for a while.

You will need to keep your boat out in deeper water so 2 anchors will be required and a long rope to reach the shore.

Most of us use a specific shore anchor kit these days,saves so much hassles as you set it when you get there and pull it out when you go home.

All you do is clip your boat to the anchor rope and pull your boat out into deeper water and walk away.

/>http://www.sandspikeaustralia.com.au/ : is it this anchor buddy setup? At tipplers I just dropped my plough anchor at the bow and used a long rope to tie the boat off to a tree from the stern.

I'll have enough piss. ;)

What else should be brought? I'll be bringing a swag, eskie and my drinking chair so far. I'm happy to pitch in $ for the "chooks" I keep reading about (you all doubting fish will be caught for tea? :) ). I don't want to double up on what is already being brought over.

This link is the shore anchor kit we all use.

When not in use all the bits can be used for other things the way it is setup to clip together.

/>http://www.reeltackle.com.au/index.php?option=com_ixxocart&Itemid=115&p=product&id=16852&parent=25&vendorid=2

You won't need much gear,swag,sleeping gear,chair,esky,eating utensils and food ect.

We will have BBQ's and a tarp setup with lights,ect so basically just your personal stuff.

Oh and new people must buy everyone 2 beers each and clean everyone's fish for the weekend. :P:P:P

That sounds about right but if you can bring firewood that would be a big help

/>http://www.sandspikeaustralia.com.au/ : is it this anchor buddy setup? At tipplers I just dropped my plough anchor at the bow and used a long rope to tie the boat off to a tree from the stern.

I'll have enough piss. ;)

What else should be brought? I'll be bringing a swag, eskie and my drinking chair so far. I'm happy to pitch in $ for the "chooks" I keep reading about (you all doubting fish will be caught for tea? :) ). I don't want to double up on what is already being brought over.

Archived