AFO Wanderers Wavebreak Island social 23/24/25 november

tugger

Well most things are packed and I'm getting keen as for this. Will be down the goldy early friday to check out some spots, maybe check out the artificials if its slow then chillin around the camp catching up with everyone.

Bring on the cobes. May as well throw in a Marlin just in case. Might try to get some video of it this time.

Take a deckie with you this time BJ so they can help when it all goes off and marlin and leaping around your boat again someone needs to film it

Well most things are packed and I'm getting keen as for this. Will be down the goldy early friday to check out some spots, maybe check out the artificials if its slow then chillin around the camp catching up with everyone.

Bring on the cobes. May as well throw in a Marlin just in case. Might try to get some video of it this time.

Ha ha that was a sight to see. Makes it hard when your by yourself, especially when you've got a marlin on a light spin rod. I've got some great deckies this time so will be trying to fill the esky. Not sure if a marlin will fit in the box but. I've got two camera's and a spare card so I hope i'll get some great footage

If anyone is thinking of going last minute a d needs a deckie I'd be pretty keen.

Cheers callum

What day you going Callum.

Love to go Saturday night or Sunday mornin but in pretty easy to fit in with anyone's plans

I have Deno with me Saturday, jump in with me sunday morning if you want, just probably live baits or trolling, just chip in for fuel.

I'll be on VHF 21, usually the fisho's with a VHF will be on it. I don't know if anyone else has a GME but it has a high and low power setting (25/1W). When I'm out close to people I set it to low so I don't broadcast all the way up to the sunny coast. Reduces clutter and also stops people knowing where your getting the fish.

If anyone is thinking of going last minute a d needs a deckie I'd be pretty keen.

Cheers callum

What day you going Callum.

Love to go Saturday night or Sunday mornin but in pretty easy to fit in with anyone's plans

I have Deno with me Saturday, jump in with me sunday morning if you want, just probably live baits or trolling, just chip in for fuel.

That be awesome pm sent

Anyone coming down could you please bring some decent bait jigs. Got smashed by tailor yesterday and burnt through 8 of them. Had a marlin swim off with a bait this morning but couldn't get a hook up. Lots of reports of bills today but haven't heard if our blokes have got one yet. Pretty good chance they have

i thought id get in before the reports start filtering through and say, i hate everyone of u mugs lucky enough to make it ;):lol:

god im hanging out for some fishing time............ :(:angry:

Sorry Zano, but I too must rub it in, our trolling efforts on saturday were fruitless, but had a ball today with 1/2 doz snapper outat the 36's then out to 42 fathom line getting heaps of skipjacks and a wahoo. had a great time and met a decent crew of blokes that were very welcoming.

post-9622-144598883737_thumb.jpg

post-9622-144598883748_thumb.jpg

post-9622-144598883757_thumb.jpg

post-9622-144598883767_thumb.jpg

Hey how did everyone else go on sunday, as we didnt get back to wave break till 3.30pm, you were all packed up and gone. On the troll sunday we had 2 small marlin hits, both on the short corner, saw the 1st hit, lost from a way too exited deckie when the reel screemed - rod grabbed and reefed ito the air within only a nano second without sliding the lever to strike and more importantly not leaving it run long eneogh also, lesson learnt for all of us onboard re the waiting time to strike and not let our exitement get the better of us. damn that waiting bit while the reel is sceeming is hard ! the second held on for about 45 seconds,but was spat about as quik as it was taken (obviously need to get tastier skirts ! ) plus the other pre-mentioned catches on the skirts. we stuck to the text book spread, only all skirts, found a current/temp line at around 41 fathom and stuck to the program(and I stopped mucking around with what 'I' thought might work like on saturday), the best fun you can have standing in a tub.

Fairly quiet for my crew again just put a few snapper in the box I left about 1pm from the island good to meet you guys on the weekend Looks like you got a good feed of wahoo

Hey how did everyone else go on sunday, as we didnt get back to wave break till 3.30pm, you were all packed up and gone. On the troll sunday we had 2 small marlin hits, both on the short corner, saw the 1st hit, lost from a way too exited deckie when the reel screemed - rod grabbed and reefed ito the air within only a nano second without sliding the lever to strike and more importantly not leaving it run long eneogh also, lesson learnt for all of us onboard re the waiting time to strike and not let our exitement get the better of us. damn that waiting bit while the reel is sceeming is hard ! the second held on for about 45 seconds,but was spat about as quik as it was taken (obviously need to get tastier skirts ! ) plus the other pre-mentioned catches on the skirts. we stuck to the text book spread, only all skirts, found a current/temp line at around 41 fathom and stuck to the program(and I stopped mucking around with what 'I' thought might work like on saturday), the best fun you can have standing in a tub.

Archived