Brisbane River Classic Fishing Competition 2007

MichaelJ

Rummrunner what do u call this?

im not taking the piss out of afo members i was more taking the piss out of webbie and angus for sittin on their ass all weekend not even knowing what fish has been weighed in or not and not posting reports on their site for the competition they orginised!!!

Thats really not offending anyone?

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ian, I think you could have made your point in a more suttle way. Weather it's intentional or not, you're showing a lack of respect. You have some valid points that could have been made in a less public manner.

I'm not hanging you out to dry, people get thier points across in different ways. Go have a think about it, you may see why other members are becoming upset.:huh:

Jayson

hey guys,

well we had a great time fishing the brc. we weren't one of the major prize winners but did receive an honourable mention for an outstanding fish which was a nice big flattie of about 69cm, so many thanks to those charged with the decision making. the weekend was full of high moments and low moments, it included all the usual comments like \"man not another bloody snag\" and \"oh no man my lure is in the tree\" and even \" are those chicks naked on that party boat? yep they sure are dude, we'll swing around again and just make sure\". most of our fishing was done within about 60cents of the weigh in station. we were lucky, i guess, to only catch 4 catfish, 2 of which we weighed in at around the 2kg mark. we kept a decent feed for the 2 of us for a change as we usually release our catch, hopefully i don't start growing another head or something but i'm sure it'll be ok, the water seemed as clean and clear as just about any river system in our region. a big thanks to the organizers of the event and the sponsors who made it all possible. congrats to all those who picked up a prize.

buzz [img size=375]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/brcfishAFO.jpg

post-1089-144598435578_thumb.jpg

O.K. time for my 2 cents.

Thanks heaps to Angus and John, not just for the comp but for the whole site. I can only imagine the time it takes to run this place and answer all the emails on top of working full time jobs. Just think these two blokes could be spending all their spare time fishing instead of running one of, if not the best fishing website around.;)

As for the weigh in routine, I like the idea of not knowing what everyone got as I would hope that this forces everyone to get to the weigh ins and the final prize draw. The whole point of the comp is to get togeather on a friendly basis and put names to faces.

And yea I had a great weekend two days on the boat, some flatties for dinner and a PB Squire.

Once again thanks to Angus and John for giving up your time, and to all the members I met and chatted to thanks for giving me some tips and spot x's over the weekend.;)

My tip for next year, put pen's in the bags to fill out the catch cards.:P

Cheers

Poly

(I've got so much Karma to hand out)

My 3 best fish (that were brought home for a feed) were those given to me :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 2 nice flatties from Rocket75 and Brian D and a squire from chubbstar. So thanks very much fellas.:) :kiss:

The funny thing is on the \"what tackle are you using for the BRC ?\" thread I just posted a pic of my hand.....and it worked!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: that's all I used to get the best fish.

I think the new avatar is missing an \"a\" before the s;) but I had a ball. Got to meet some more members. Even chatted to some that I thought were members or competitors but weren't:blush: :blush:

Saw plenty of members who I didn't get around to talking to. I found the final weigh in session hectic - there were so many people to talk to. I work by myself and found myself feeling like a kid at a candy store with so much good company:blink: :blink:

Managed to sneak some old records from Alshilux when Ash couldn't make it:woohoo: (Ash, shoot me a PM and we can haggle;) )

Stu, Plasticman, Malcolm, Schultzy and many others giving out tips and spots - thanks.

Bring on the next one!

Thanx to Angus and his team for a great comp!!:)

We will be back next year with all the right gear to make a real showing!!;)

i think plastics have there place but the Brissie is to me a bait river!!;)

It was great to meet all you guys and put faces to the names on the forum!!:P

I know i havent posted much in the past but now that i have met you guys i feel abit more comfortable about posting up my opinion!!:)

looking forward to the next comp guys...a big thank you to everyone involved for making us feel so welcome!!:)

cheers Dusky.

Brian D wrote:

A couple of happy fisherman, Ando was great about missing out on top prize by about 80grms. I very much doubt I would have been as classy, good on you mate.

For those who don't know Ando is one of the origional Foundation AFO members [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/PC090030_AFO.jpg

Brian i just checked exactly. He was member number 2!

Angus

Well myself and Dan (DG89) had a great time in the classic! It was definitely the most intensive 3 days of fish I’ve done! By the time next year comes round hopefully I’ll be ready to pull a monster from the deep to take out the miscellan1eous category! And maybe the catfish category as bycatch (got to be optimistic!) We weighed in a 1.8Kg cattie I think it was, and this cod of mine. Thanks to everyone who organised it!

IMG_3128.jpg

Joel ;)

this was my first involvement in afo and really enjoyed the weekend of fishing.was wrapped the weather held out.being from nz this was the first time i'd ever caught a shovel ray geeez once they're on the bite they're all biting was great fun i pulled in 5 of them within an hour ,as well as 3 bream and countless catfish they're everywhere!!!at the end of the day i don't care what i pull in as long as i'm pulling them in.thanks to the organisers for taking time out to organise the event i hope there's more through out the year.if not can't wait for next years!!any excuse eh!!

All these pictures are making me drool!

Well done to Brain and Matt for the monster threaddies!

Great work to Stu and Plastic Man for the massive river Bream!

Super hussle Terry for that awsome Shark!

Unfortunantly I didn't get to fish nearly as much as I wanted this year for the classic, in the end I entered by myself and fished pinkenba for Bream by myself. I got 10 reaching a miserable 26 cm FL :( There was a bit of by catch including a better than average chopper tailor and a 51 cm Flattie that was destined to be weighed in but my other commitments got the better of that idea.

I didn't get to any of the weighins but I signed up and was one my way fishing after 2 minutes, shows that the organization was pretty good.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived