First NPD Saratoga

Dinodadog

Headed out to the NPD this am with several requests ringing in my ears not to catch any yellas.

So i had to come up with a new plan, which I did a 66cm saratoga. My first toga at NPD and my very first toga all up.

It was caught in 2ft of water as far out as I could cast and it took a light purple 3/4oz spinnerbait. So the answer is yes you can use 3/4oz s/baits in 2ft of water if you are game [or mad]

I had caught 8 good sized bass before the toga and my mate was still not on the board, he just about turned blue when I got the toga. It must have kick started him because he ended up with 4 bass and I ended up with 10 bass and 1 toga.

All fish were caught on s/baits some on purple/white and some on black/purple/red. Had a nice morning and am still smiling.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Fish_LM_030.jpg

post-1453-144598428586_thumb.jpg

Hi Stu,

No he never jumped but he took off like a scalded cat. I knew it was too fast for a bass. I did not have a clue what it was until I seen it roll on top of the water and thats about the time I yelled to my mate \"I think I have got a toga\" His answer as he come running was\"Bullshit\" but the proof was in the pudding on the end of my line. I dont think it could of jumped as it was only in about 2 feet of water.

Dino

Dinodadog wrote:

So i had to come up with a new plan, which I did a 66cm saratoga. My first toga at NPD and my very first toga all up.

It was caught in 2ft of water as far out as I could cast and it took a light purple 3/4oz spinnerbait. So the answer is yes you can use 3/4oz s/baits in 2ft of water if you are game [or mad]

Dinodadog [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Fish_LM_030.jpg

You legend, No friggin legend, what a beauty. Good size & healthy fish. What made you think to cast into the shallows. Nice man very nice.:) :cheer: :woohoo: Full marks mate and for that you get a \"Touchdown\":kiss: :woohoo:

Well Brian you told me I was not allowed to catch a yella. I had to prove to the wife that I do what I am told. By the way Brian I often fish the shallows and have caught 50cm plus bass on occasions. The reason being I cant chuck out any further:woohoo:

And Ellicat when it comes tomy household the frisky has changed into risky:P Stu I am not going to try to beat your PB of 68cm. I am still smiling at catching one.

Dino:woohoo:

Archived