Oh No! How's your office going.

Brian D

Ha Booty it is so true. I am sitting here looking at a very high tide, private office (both assistants has gone home).

Right now a beautiful old style motor cruiser is coming into berth. THe old schooner type with twin masts and 2 deisels. It's about 35 foot and worth only about 600k but gezz she is a stunner. Loverly woodwork and heaps of port holes. Fantastic walk around deck. Looks a bit like an old ferry.

THe wind is pushing in at about 10/15 nor nor east which is making teh berth a little challenging but the skipper has her under control.

There she goes, nose into the dock. All sweet deckie has the rope around the cleet,touch of reverse, forward, reverse again. Done shut her down and off to the bar.

Tough to take now get back to the bank rec.:)

Mate I am a financial controller - I work on the GL, Cash Books and Asset register.

Other then that I don't know what goes on. I fly under the radar.

We don't have a multi hull section that I know off. We have Blazers and Lazers at the sailing school as well as the power boats and the ocean racers at main beach (outside my office).

I am the senior management and I just had a new air con unit installed.:P

My new CEO arrives in about 6 weeks and I'm the boss until then. I don't know or care what will happen while I am away. I have a good team so as long as I don't have too much work to catch up on or too many problems on my return things should be sweet.

Tough getting lunch cooked by a chef every day, delivered to me desk. I am sooo sick of eating barra and salad.

LOL... Maybe you need to concentrate more of whats going on inside the walls instead of outside the window.

Copied from your website just now, but I guess it could be out of date. Are you responsible for website maintenance too?

The Sailing fraternity of the XXXXXXXXXXX Club has five divisions. These include: Off the Beach - Multihulls, Dinghys, Inshore, Offshore and Etchells. A webpage has been devoted to each of these divisions which contain details regarding the upcoming events, race results and photos from these current events.

Don't know I have never looked at the web site. We have a marketing person that gives me a marketing report for my finance committee but I never read it.

www.southportyachtclub.com.au/welcome/page1.php

My office is above the 2 people dinning. THat's my view but 1 floor up.

Brian D wrote:

I am the senior management and I just had a new air con unit installed.:P

My new CEO arrives in about 6 weeks and I'm the boss until then. I don't know or care what will happen while I am away. I have a good team so as long as I don't have too much work to catch up on or too many problems on my return things should be sweet.

Tough getting lunch cooked by a chef every day, delivered to me desk. I am sooo sick of eating barra and salad.

Sounds tough. I guess you will have to return to work for a holiday after awoonga.

bootyinblue wrote:

Brian D wrote:
We have a marketing person that gives me a marketing report for my finance committee but I never read it.

Do you get everything delivered to your desk? I mean reports, lunch, even the view!

I need a new job!

Yeap that's why I have gotten so fat. Put on 20kg since I've been here. Gotta do something about that. I might go for a walk down to one of the Marinas. Maybe not - I might as well just post another post on AFO.:woohoo:

Archived