Were did your big bass come from ?

Plastic Man

Just wondering were everyones pb bass has come from and the size and date that you got it

Mine since i have been taking measurements properly was from north pine last year i have caught lots of big bass years ago but cant remember if they were bigger than this one so i take this one as my biggest it was 51 and a half cm to the fork and 55cm overall and around 2 kgs taken on a sp so were did yours come from ?

Mid fifties from somerset but I caught 8 in one session over fifty out of 19, deep school off pelican point with plasticmans brother he got 19 fish as well a bass a cast every drift, we had to leave them biting as it was getting dark and did not want to get locked in at the spit best session to date.

My overall PB was taken at Hinze on shrimp, 43cm to the tip, approx 40 to the fork.

Best on a lure so far was 37cm to the tip on a spinnerbait at Hinze.

Kath's biggest also came from Hinze and it was 45cm to the fork, approx 48cm to the tip and was taken on a spinnerbait.

I want to get a bigger one soon! (bigger than Kath's anyway:blush: )

about 6yrs ago downstream from colleges crossing I got one just over 4kgs, can't remember the length but over 60cm, caught on live herring. My land backed onto the river so I pretty much caught it straight out from my backyard. Threw it in a 20lt bucket and hauled it up to the house and put it in my tank. Use to love watching it smash live herrings, it would have 5 in it's stomach, 2 half in it's mouth and it would still be chasing more down.

No digi pics but I have a film pic somewhere of it in the tank I will have to dig out and scan.

The poor thing died after the ex's young cousins stayed over and when I got up in the morning the water was white, the bass belly up, the kids thought half a loaf of white bread and s%^t know's what else would make good bass food:angry:.

Bommie wrote:

about 6yrs downstream from colleges crossing I got one just over 4kgs, can't remember the length but over 60cm, caught on live herring. My land backed onto the river so I pretty much caught it straight out from my backyard. Threw it in a 20lt bucket and hauled it up to the house and put it in my tank. Use to love watching it smash live herrings, it would have 5 in it's stomach, 2 half in it's mouth and it would still be chasing more down.

No digi pics but I have a film pic somewhere of it in the tank I will have to dig out and scan.

The poor thing died after the ex's young cousins stayed over and when I got up in the morning the water was white, the bass belly up, the kids thought half a loaf of white bread and s%^t know's what else would make good bass food:angry:.

wow thats a big fat 4kg bass would love to see your pics mate if you can find them to bad the way she went out

My PB bass of 44cm came out of Hinze Dam.

It was taken off the surface at Ragsies Reach on a Tiny Tropedo fizzer.

Was caught a little over a month ago and was the most exiting fishing I have had on the coast since I moved about a year back.

Cant wait to hit the 50.

shocking shot of it, was hurrying to get him back in the water. But my 2nd ever bass caught, and my PB to date. 48cm FULL length, caught on an sx40 in a small stream about 10 metres wide near Bellengin, northern NSW. Had to pull him out of some extremely dense cover, got to see the strike and all :)

[img size=374]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/PC270066_AFO.jpg

post-568-144598455587_thumb.jpg

LIVE_2_FiSH wrote:

shocking shot of it, was hurrying to get him back in the water. But my 2nd ever bass caught, and my PB to date. 48cm FULL length, caught on an sx40 in a small stream about 10 metres wide near Bellengin, northern NSW. Had to pull him out of some extremely dense cover, got to see the strike and all :)

[img size=374]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/PC270066_AFO.jpg

mate dont want to rain on your parade or anything but im pretty sure that is an Estuary perch, note the upturned mouth, more pronounced eyes and the concave shape above the eyes. its probly an even better catch than a bass the same size mate

Lee

yeah but they are alot more rare at around the 50cm mark than bass, alot slower growing fish and no where neer as well stocked (if they are at all) but im no freshwater expert lol far from it so yeh looks more like a bass to me but if it is an ep, wicked catch.

Archived