Another Swap Meet 3rd May

Angus

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

happywally wrote:

anyone else doing an early morning stint and want a deckie?

i'll bring a 6 pack! :laugh:

or 2 6 packs!!!! :woohoo:

well mate looks like my bro is not going so your on with me and yoyo if u want will send pm,and any guys who would like to sends us in the right dirrection on were to fish would be helpfull. thanks brad

straddiebrad wrote:

happywally wrote:
anyone else doing an early morning stint and want a deckie?

i'll bring a 6 pack! :laugh:

or 2 6 packs!!!! :woohoo:

well mate looks like my bro is not going so your on with me and yoyo if u want will send pm,and any guys who would like to sends us in the right dirrection on were to fish would be helpfull. thanks brad

looking forward to it mate!!!! :woohoo:

Have to go to work at midday Sunday so am thinking of hitting wellington early, or maybe even gonig out Sat night. I have a 4.7 stacer side console. If anyone is willing to be an anchor bitch, I am open to suggestions. Let me know on this forum or PM me if you are keen. Have no GPS, and no idea of fishing the area, so bear that in mind.

Straddie I'm waiting on word from a mate if his wifey will let him do an overnighter :)

not sure where you got that wind prediction seabreeze has it @ 5-10 knts sat arvo till sun morning :) if your still keen to do a tag along let me know ??

If he can't come I'll have a deckie spot open (given it being cool @ night I'll have the storm covers on apart from the arse end :P so 2 fishing will be comfy plus a cabin and toilet )

leaving manly boat ramp 4-4.30pm sat thinking of heading to sth end of peel :woohoo: good chance of a snap or 2 ;)

We could anchor our boats close and burly up :woohoo:

any wannabe deckies who are ok with a last minute call up (I'll know by tomorrow morning if I need one or not)

any deckies interested let me know ;)

Cheers Gaz

Jimmyjack wrote:

Have to go to work at midday Sunday so am thinking of hitting wellington early, or maybe even gonig out Sat night. I have a 4.7 stacer side console. If anyone is willing to be an anchor bitch, I am open to suggestions. Let me know on this forum or PM me if you are keen. Have no GPS, and no idea of fishing the area, so bear that in mind.

Jimmyjack it looks like straddiebrad has ditched me because he's afraid i'll outfish him in his own boat.......;):P

So if you're heading out early on the sunday from around wellie point/manly/whereever, then i'd love to join you....:)

straddiebrad wrote:

just woundering if u guys are still taking boats the weather is saying 15-20 knots.

Ill still be there in a yak.

As is fairly typical it starts light and picks up.

But according the forecast ill be off the water by the time it hits 11 knots so it doesnt worry me.

Angus

Ill still be there.

Giving Adrian (Kiara Poltergiest) and meeting Henry (Do$tylz) at the ramp.

Bretto what time you getting there? Might as well launch the kayak fleet at the same time :P

Ill also be bringing my Culcutta + Daiwa Procaster thats in the For Sale thread.

Cheers.

Angus

Angus wrote:

Ill still be there.

Giving Adrian (Kiara Poltergiest) and meeting Henry (Do$tylz) at the ramp.

Bretto what time you getting there? Might as well launch the kayak fleet at the same time :P

Ill also be bringing my Culcutta + Daiwa Procaster thats in the For Sale thread.

Cheers.

Angus

I'll be there pretty early mate. I was planning on launching about 5ish. Keen to launch together. Never fished there before.

I will be bringing a heap of gear as well that i am keen to offload.

south / southwest winds 10-15 knots 0.7 mtr swell early then 15-20 for the arvo just phoned the moreton bay boating number 1300360428 good luck guys , it should be fine early but will pick up later in the day... if it stays sw it will be fine just out from wello!!!

NOTE; for those a bit worried about the weather, try giving the coast guard a call at vikky point or cleveland and get an actual report, let them know what you have and take their advice?? some jok in a building is only going to read what he/ she has in front of them at that time, ask the people that can actually see the conditions first hand, thats what they're there for. also ask what the 2 days prior were like.

Kev, official sunrise 6:13am.

Means shooting light about 5:50, first light in the sky about 5:30am.

If your out in a boat, small octopus /squid, prawns or pillies will be the go for bought bait. Livies if you can getum! Lures if your trolling, plastics if jigging / drifting, not worth casting. (Well I dont think so, nothing to cast at!)

Was riding around that area this morning and it was picture postcard stuff all around the wynnum/manly/lota/wello point area....

If it's like that tomorrow i might just fashion a boat out of cardboard and skipper myself out there....

PS. Still looking for a confirmed spot in a boat if anyone has one avail ?

The first things i pack is beer and cash, if that makes any difference to you...... ;-)

Feral wrote:

Kev, official sunrise 6:13am.

Means shooting light about 5:50, first light in the sky about 5:30am.

If your out in a boat, small octopus /squid, prawns or pillies will be the go for bought bait. Livies if you can getum! Lures if your trolling, plastics if jigging / drifting, not worth casting. (Well I dont think so, nothing to cast at!)

No pelagics move thru the area feral ?

What troll depths then, 15+feet ?

You could be lucky with some tailor coming through, the reef is really only 4 or so metres deep depending on the tide, the "drop off" along the reel is about 1 to 1.5m. Last time we were there the most success was had drifting from on top of the reef across the drop off, really only short drifts maybe 50m at most then moving back.

We were anchored and caught squillions of black travelly. (Happy moments).

guys ill be bringing along a spare 6'6" general purpose rod to the meet...

its in good condition and has a line rating of 12-30 lbs... meadium heavy action...

has caught bream and grunter on it...

if anyone wants it just pop a purple note ($5) and its yours... :)

noname wrote:

NOTE; for those a bit worried about the weather, try giving the coast guard a call at vikky point or cleveland and get an actual report, let them know what you have and take their advice?? some jok in a building is only going to read what he/ she has in front of them at that time, ask the people that can actually see the conditions first hand, thats what they're there for. also ask what the 2 days prior were like.

what does 2 days prior have to do with the day in mention?? thats all good to ring the coast gaurd for at the moment conditions , but where do you think they get their weather warnings from , bureau i thought which is the 1300 number , just looking cant help with whats coming from the other side of straddie or if there is a change in wind strength coming!!! 1300360428 is what i use for planning trips in the bay, as for the river i dont bother as there is all ways some where to get out of the wind!!!

My apologies to those who were hoping to get out with me - shannon and co. I've been called into work and won't be home until 11pm, live on the west side, so would have to be going to work on 4 hours sleep. NOt good in my line of work. So apologies for that guys. Anyone bringing a GPS down to the swap/meet? I'm desperately in need of one.

Feral, The swap meet was today. :huh:

:P :laugh:

Would you recommend the reef anchor at Wello, or will a danforth be better ?

Have both, just wanna know if I should change 'em over.

Actually I'll start anaother thread for that question, so hold the phone!

2 things.

A) If anyone's fishing off the beach with me (unless I score a deckie position) can you bring some spare plastic water pipe for me to use as rod holders (2), damned if I'm paying $30 for 'em down BCF! ;)

B) I'd like to see a fish caught, killed, cooked and eaten, as this is my next big step and is all voodoo to me! :blush:

Will be in the vicinity @ 6am, look for the camo cap and bleary eyes! B)

Archived