2009 Moreton Bay Classic

AFO

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in case you don't ray, your welcome to jump in the haines with travis and i, will even tune the radio into 4bh for ya mate :P we intend to fish a sunken barge near peel and the new reef system at harry's, certainly won't be a flog fest, just an easy cruise, you can sit back and relax for a change ay :lol:

rob

Just a reminder for everyone to register to compete, not long now!!

EVENT REGISTRATION (BEFORE THE EVENT): To register for this event please email the following details to entries@australianfishing.com.au

1. Full Name: eg John Smith.

2. Contact Number: eg 0407123456

4. Email Address: eg johnsmith@hotmail.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

5. Payment Reference: eg johnsmith-mbc

6. Junior (under 12) or Adult: eg Adult

6. Payment: The event cost is $40 each

Please pay your the registration fee by direct deposit into:

Account Name: Brisbane Fishing Online

BSB: 124103

Account Number: 20364022

Reference: eg yourname-mbc (Ensure it matches the Payment Reference in your registration email otherwise we will require another payment!)

REGISTRATION DUE DATE:

Please note, registration is due no later than the 4th June 2009. There is a lot to organise for this event so we would appreciate everyone registering ASAP.

See the 2009 Moreton Bay Classic event page

any chance of a list of regestered anglers so far, i think i registered? i know i sent something away, but not paid yet.

also can you pay on the day, as i'm hopeless at transfering moneys, never done it before! if not i'll get travis or somebody fishing that day to pay and i'll fix them up there n then!

noname wrote:

any chance of a list of registered anglers so far, i think i registered? i know i sent something away, but not paid yet.

also can you pay on the day, as i'm hopeless at transferring moneys, never done it before! if not i'll get travis or somebody fishing that day to pay and i'll fix them up there n then!

You are only registered once payment has cleared into the AFO bank account. We prefer to have money transferred into our account beforehand. Normally paying in cash on the day would be $10 or so more but i think we forgot to put that in the event information so we wont charge it this year.

Looking forward to this one guys.

My computer has been out of action all week and I am borrowing a lap top at present.

Therefore I am behind in a few things.

Ill get a list of registered entries up ASAP.

Cheers guys.

Angus

noname wrote:

thanks for that webby! i am struggling with the latest fad, putting up pic's. so transfering monies would be a total failure at this stage for me. some way, somehow! last resort will be pay on the day.

I will be with rob and pay on the day, extra is fine, just want to know if i am registered tho, i think i did but not sure???

so it looks like I'll be able to make it for this one :) woot woot.

Can someone explain to me what seabreeze is telling me in real world terms?? it says (if I'm reading it correctly) that this saturday, the winds will be between 0 and 10knots... does that equate to kayakable waters?? for anyone that was on the water for my maiden wello point yak trip, whats the comparison to that??

sorry for the newb question... I've just never been a boatie so have never paid attention to that stuff.

Do$tylz wrote:

so it looks like I'll be able to make it for this one :) woot woot.

Can someone explain to me what seabreeze is telling me in real world terms?? it says (if I'm reading it correctly) that this saturday, the winds will be between 0 and 10knots... does that equate to kayakable waters?? for anyone that was on the water for my maiden wello point yak trip, whats the comparison to that??

sorry for the newb question... I've just never been a boatie so have never paid attention to that stuff.

Ok, weather.

Forecast is a 10-12kn WSW, pretty common for this time of year. What you will find is the further out from land you go, the bumpier it will get. Places like Wello, which is only 200m or so from land should be ok. Look for areas that are on the ENE side of land. Other areas close in which could be worth a look are the eastern side of Coochie (bit further than wello), the drop offs along the front of Cleveland and the rocks walls along the river mouth - don't underestimate them at this time of year! they often turn up decent snapper, cod, tailor and sweetlip. remember though that while the water may be flat, your body does still create wind resistance, making it harder to paddle into the wind. also think about tides. as a general rule on an outgoing tide all the water around Manly down to Cleveland flows roughly towards the South Passage Bar, depending on the channels. wind and tide going in opposite directions makes the water heaps choppier than wind and tide going the same way. For me, I would say it will get a lot calmer after the 8-ish am high tide as the wind and tide will roughly be going the same way. a 10-12kn breeze against a strong tide can make the bay pretty uncomfortable in a boat like mine. so if i haven't managed to totally confuse you yet, let me know and i will go into further detail!

and if you beat me in this comp i will have to kill you! :P

benno <'>-<

Henry, Further to benno's informative response I would suggest you deploy your tuna stick, affix your paddles to the side of your yak, open and umbrella and troll over to Moreton. Then paddle down to the barge and catch it back :laugh:

Jokes aside, (or was that just a good idea ? :unsure: ) the forecast conditions should be better than the Wello day (at it's worst) by about 1/2. Just remember the wind is against you on the way back in.

Also, I will have a tow rope handy for ya if necessary. Surely some other yakkers are competing to buddy up with though.

hey guys,

the prize list has been updated.

If you win 1st place in any of the 8 catergories you will also win a John Deere merchandise pack which consists of a shirt, hat , coffee mug and stubbie cooler.

also there will be a random door prize of a set of 6 John Deere Pilsner Glasses valued at $40.

These prizes have been Donated by Chesterfield Australia @ Chandler.

well guys i am still thinking about joining in the fun of the day as i will be at straddie and just tyring to plan it in but coming from straddie to manly and all the way back as iam there for the longweek end and will find it hard to refuel on straddie,as it is a boating week end and have no way of refueling for the way back home,any thoughts.brad

Archived