Show us your Ride

Angus

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had this fella for nearly a year now, we've had some great times together from lazy sunday arvo paddles at Colleges Crossing to some pretty scary (and stupid...) white water adventures in flooded rivers, to calm days fishing in the bay right up to surf launches off Bribie & the Sunnie Coast to fish a hundred or so metres behind the breakers.

Was cheap as chips, it's more than stable enough for what I do with it, it may be slow and hard to paddle into a moderate current, but at the end of the day it's fun.

Cheers,

Matt

DSC04062_AFO.jpg

Thought I better put some pics of my baby up :P She's about 6 months old now (it replaced my canoe) and has done many trips including 2 weeks recently on the Clarence at Iluka. My catch rate has improved no end since "going the way of the yak". Some of you may have seen the post with the minn kota on the back as it had its first run with it yesterday. Its just awsome being able to throw it on the roof by yourself and go fishing almost anywhere at a moments notice. I also love just going for a padle and trolling a lure.

Cheers,

P1000402.jpg

DSC01614.jpg

DSC02109.jpg

• 2 months later...

How funny is that looking back over the last couple of years, Terry preaching the power of the Prowler and Lee with that huge freezer on the back of the Tempo, lmao. Ok yakkers time for bit of an update I guess, I've had my 2 for a while now and can't see myself changing anything soon.

Al P1030042.JPG

Heres mine Perception Minnow sit in, pretty basic 1 removable vertical rod holder and a skirt for white water, fantastic for tight waters easy to portage or drag to those hard to reach spots. I use the sounder off the front deck of the boat for impoundment bassin or chasing snapper. Not very fast but fantastic to fight fish from.

Steve. bass_on_sammy_65.jpg

• 1 month later...

Heres me and my mates cheapy daylite paddlers that we got 220 bucks. Mainly taken out to colleges crossing, tweed river, and wivenhoe dam. Think its awesome and defintely dont regret buying. Worth every cent :)

Me and my mates yaks at wivenhoe. Mine the one at the front

IMG_7097.jpg

• 9 months later...

Hello, just thought I would bump this thread, as most of the old photos aren't showing up, and I need some ideas for my pending ownership of a Viking Espri......If anyone wants to throw up their yak photos again, it would be awesome to get a look at what I can do to pimp up the ride.

Cheers,

Ryan.

Wow I don't think I have ever posted any of my yaks in here.

I have owned a few and funnily enough I started off with an Espri and have come full circle and now own one again.

It's an ugly purple colour but I got it cheap off ebay and I just love it for chasing bass up creeks.

post-1190-144598559139_thumb.jpg

post-1190-144598559145_thumb.jpg

And my other kayak is a Stealth SuperliteX. A nice smooth fibreglass South African offshore weapon. I got this kayak at the end of the mackeral season last year and on its first trip this year I managed to bag my first spaniard from it. I caught numerous spotties from it last year.

post-1190-144598559149_thumb.jpg

post-1190-144598559154_thumb.jpg

post-1190-144598559157_thumb.jpg

post-1190-144598559164_thumb.jpg

I am happy with the two that I have (at the moment) they both suit the differing fishing styles that I like. The only other yak I would like is the OK Prowler Torque with the motor in the bum of it. That would be great for trolling around the dams but I didn't do much of that this year but it would be good for the no swell days to take out into the blue yonder.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Nice Dan! Find your catching more fish because your peddling not paddling?

I dunno about catching more fish, it definitely helps that's for sure! :woohoo: Half the time in my old paddle yak, I was wasting half my time paddling against the current to get back into position to were id want to cast, whereas with the hobie you can just hold yourself in position and fish. B)

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived