Enoughs Enough!!!

Shane69

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i agree totally with your statement.

sorry wasnt aware it was illegal to fish there? .... didnt someone from here show him this spot ? and if it is an illegal spot to fish , why were they there in the first place ?

I showed him the spot mate.

I fish there via boat. If i fish off land i fish legal side.

The rule came through end of last year as one of the newbies fishing there fell off n hurt themselves.

He fished illegal side n he learnt himself to cross railway bridge. I didnt even know you could.

I always took hassle of taking big boat if i was fishing river or way after.

Or take small boat if fishing just spot.

Shane

I'd love to see footage of him (or anyone for that matter) crossing that railway bridge. How would you manage to get the catch back to the car?

sorry wasnt aware it was illegal to fish there? .... didnt someone from here show him this spot ? and if it is an illegal spot to fish , why were they there in the first place ?

I showed him the spot mate.

I fish there via boat. If i fish off land i fish legal side.

The rule came through end of last year as one of the newbies fishing there fell off n hurt themselves.

He fished illegal side n he learnt himself to cross railway bridge. I didnt even know you could.

I always took hassle of taking big boat if i was fishing river or way after.

Or take small boat if fishing just spot.

Shane

I'd love to see footage of him (or anyone for that matter) crossing that railway bridge. How would you manage to get the catch back to the car?

Wouldn't be hard at that time of the morning with 2 or 3 people

All done, the dude's been deservedly fried. He'd be too scared to go fishing now anyway. Lock it mods. I've read enough.

:unsure: Hmmm not sure about that, he was out there at 4am this morning in his usual spot, we got a death stare as we motored past in my boat.

was he fishing on the illegal side or the legal one?

freedomhawk12

( User )

AFO Senior

Catch and release. I fish for the sport. That's why they have fish n chip shops.

. :lol::lol: freedomhawk i just have laugh at your signature considering the thread thats in topic here.

freedomhawk12

( User )

AFO Senior

Catch and release. I fish for the sport. That's why they have fish n chip shops.

. :lol::lol: freedomhawk i just have laugh at your signature considering the thread thats in topic here.

haha thats pretty ironic considering the post .... luckily the only fish i eat is flake, and cant find any decent flake in qld haha. maybe i should change that signiture ? haha

"i can say when i was 19, how i never got done for D.U.I or killed someone or myself is phenomenal but today i despise drink drivers and ashamed of how i was when i was 18-21 and bulletproof."

I thought I was bulletproof at that age but I never drunk and drove, upbringing I guess

i grew up in the country so upbringing doesnt have a great deal to do with personal stupidity ? i was taught you go through a gate that is closed , close it after you go through.

just at that age we are all a little stupid when it comes to certain things i guess. anyways, not really the point is it for this thread ?

was just expressing my opinion.

Omfg, i have been off line for all of 4 days and first story i come back to is this. Words cannot describe what i am thinking rite now. When i get back from camping i will read this post from page to page.

But in short, uterly descusted

well i am back from holidays and have read 70% of the thread. i am not going to harp on and on cause its clearly been said, but you have to wonder why asains get a bad name ( no afence guys please )

mate if it was a $$$$$$$$$ factor why you did this, why not ask family for money, or freinds or worst case sinario, the doll.

we have all faced money probs, but to obtain money via an eligal way, not good.

moses i hope your apolagy is from the heart and not a bullsh** apolagy. you have given not only you a bad name but fisherman/women as well.

i think if you are sinceer about your apolagy, try and undo what you have done by going and puting yourself to service like picking up rubbish along the banks of the river for acouple of weeks and show us what you are doin to say sorry.

cheers kurt

That was some good reading, brightened up the pain of having my wisdom teeth missing.

To think he was still out there yesterday is nuts, would port security tell them to get out if they knew they were on the illegal side?

do port security have a hotline we could call and let them know?

Good work Shane and fisheries for being patient and catching them red handed.

i think that now they know fisheries will be keepin an eye on him so when he does go fishing and thinks he has gotten away with it ....... the law will come down on him harder as it will be a second or third offence...... i think we should just let it go now as this bloke will know he isnt very well liked..... fisheries will take care of him once they have enough evidence doing surveilance on him........ he'll be lookin over his shoulder everytime he goes fishing and yes his vehicle will be on fisheries hotlist....... constant knowledge that this vehicle is used or owned by an illegal fisher......... he is branded!!!!!! it ll be a while before he is left alone........

at last this thread is slowing down and all the heroes have gone to bed ... ive read it all and am up to speed on whats going on .... the fines are too small ( as we all know)....an online apology just does not cut it .... (as we all know) ... shane has done a great job exposing moses for his failure to be a thinking rec fisher .. (which we all need to be )....( nice work shane and co ) the idiots in the shop need a good education of one way or another ...!!! this whole scenario is played out all over our great country every day of the week in all our major coastal towns .... a city like Brisbane just explodes the crime with population numbers .... until the government focus there attention and employs more officers to enforce the current laws, this type of action will always happen....

what we forget is that recreational fishing is the biggest sport in Australia !!!!!......................................................................., with the smallest amount of officers to help enforce the rules ......................................... There is no balance in any of this ..... i live on river frontage on the richmond river NSW ... and have seen 3 maritime boats in 5 yrs... typical ....

so until the funding is increased this type of poopy will always happen in big cities and our small coastal esturies.... suxs big time ...

my 2 cents....

Maxi

It's a start mate, I'm confident that this is barely the tip of the iceberg but again I say "it's a start". Hopefully there is enough interest gained & pressure put on the fisheries to harden up and prosecute these pr1cks (or increase the fines). This topic has been based on 1 person which has now been opened up to include a seafood market. They buy fish illegaly from 1 person (confirmation from the perp in his "apology"), how many others do they buy illegal fish from?

This is 1 shop - How many fish markets are out there???? How many "fishermen/rapists" do they buy from illegally? Who knows?????

It's a start.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived