State of Origin 7 in a Row?

Gad

Any suggestions on a good place to watch on the North side?

It took me a while to understand and enjoy the game, but now that I do, I'd like to find a place to watch it that has some atmosphere (and beer).

For something different the Ashgrove GPS Rugby club has a big screen (footy field Screen on the back of a truck)on the field so you can watch it with others and the beers are well priced - just take a Jumper as it is outside.

Yoku Road Ashgrove

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I mentioned earlier, I am just starting to understand this whole SOO thing, but I have to admit that those ladies that wear blue sure are inspirational; they just keep getting back up after taking a beating.

It reminds me of some boxer movie.....

What movie was that?

OHHHH! I remember, it was Rocky!

Hrm, maybe I am wrong.

Rocky won a few.... :blush: :blush: :blush:

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Let's now have some fun :D

The result doesn't show it but nSw played better football

Totaly agree shortie, not what I expected but a wins a win hope it improves ten fold next game !

Do not totally agree with this. Yes they had more enthusiasm however the two NSW trys only came from kicks. I am sure if there was no lid on the stadium Slater would not have had so much trouble seeing the ball. The Qld trys where well constructed and with the run of play.

Totaly agree shortie, not what I expected but a wins a win hope it improves ten fold next game !

Do not totally agree with this. Yes they had more enthusiasm however the two NSW trys only came from kicks. I am sure if there was no lid on the stadium Slater would not have had so much trouble seeing the ball. The Qld trys where well constructed and with the run of play.

Yet Tate didn't drop a single high ball in the same circumstances. The last QLD try was a joke, the referees need to re-read the rule books

I'm still dirty about that cheap shot Hayne got away with on Thurston in the early minutes. Man I hate that guy... and the Stewarts.... and Bird.

Can of worms - I thought the send off on Jennings was justified. Running in for a haymaker is a bit cheap. If one of the QLD's got sent off for that I'd cop it sweet. IF he ran in, grabbed a shirt then start swinging from a standing position all good. But to be sprinting in with a big swing?? that's a bit much. Imagine if that had actually connected perfectly? Do you still think people would be up in arms about it?

I'm still dirty about that cheap shot Hayne got away with on Thurston in the early minutes. Man I hate that guy... and the Stewarts.... and Bird.

Can of worms - I thought the send off on Jennings was justified. Running in for a haymaker is a bit cheap. If one of the QLD's got sent off for that I'd cop it sweet. IF he ran in, grabbed a shirt then start swinging from a standing position all good. But to be sprinting in with a big swing?? that's a bit much. Imagine if that had actually connected perfectly? Do you still think people would be up in arms about it?

I thought he did connect pretty well with his head? Still agree with the send off though

While on the hate train... I can't stand Thaiday, and Hodges.... He is easily the biggest deadset wanker. Why does he still play? He does nothing in his position aside from acting c@cky thinking the world revolves around him. If Qld had another player in his position, they would be even stronger

Yet Tate didn't drop a single high ball in the same circumstances. The last QLD try was a joke, the referees need to re-read the rule books

harrogan is a tool, you remember the 2000 series where Harrogan let NSW score of a knock on and forward pass and Tallis called Harrogan a cheat and got sent off, suck it up mate.

harrogan is a tool, you remember the 2000 series where Harrogan let NSW score of a knock on and forward pass and Tallis called Harrogan a cheat and got sent off, suck it up mate.

I'm accepting the loss, I will put my views across like anyone else so you should suck it up. This thread is about this series, not something that happened 12 yrs ago. So what if the 2 tries came from kicks? Is that the first time tries have been scored from kicks in the game of rugby league?

I'm accepting the loss, I will put my views across like anyone else so you should suck it up. This thread is about this series, not something that happened 12 yrs ago. So what if the 2 tries came from kicks? Is that the first time tries have been scored from kicks in the game of rugby league?

I thought he did connect pretty well with his head? Still agree with the send off though

While on the hate train... I can't stand Thaiday, and Hodges.... He is easily the biggest deadset wanker. Why does he still play? He does nothing in his position aside from acting c@cky thinking the world revolves around him. If Qld had another player in his position, they would be even stronger

Yeah he did get him with the swing. Could have been much worse had Tate not moved his head downwards though.

Hahaha... Is it Thaiday or Hodges that you're saying does nothing? I think they both do quite well :) Hodges has improved his play since he first started playing origin (who can forget the 2 passes inside his own goals a few years ago?) and Thaiday was pretty solid last night, being the primary person to chase down the kicker. I quite like them :D

But keep in mind boys, its a game. Let's treat it as such while discussing it here :)

I was just stating that the QLD tries where better formed and Structured. Imagine if QLD had more possession. Putting up the bomb is a lottery which worked for NSW this time. They where unable to crack the defense so the bomb was used. Hats off to NSW they showed up to play and I think the QLD Team was a little flat at times.

I was just stating that the QLD tries where better formed and Structured. Imagine if QLD had more possession. Putting up the bomb is a lottery which worked for NSW this time. They where unable to crack the defense so the bomb was used. Hats off to NSW they showed up to play and I think the QLD Team was a little flat at times.

Bombs are an integral play to the game. It was our tactic a few games ago when we had Folou so I think if it's a weakness in a team, its fair go and worthy to attack. I was a little confused on how Slater kept missing it yet Tate nailed it each time.

I think Queensland can improve their play. Not enough consistent attack in the other end, decent defence. I think however NSW were close to playing at their best ..

Yeah he did get him with the swing. Could have been much worse had Tate not moved his head downwards though.

Hahaha... Is it Thaiday or Hodges that you're saying does nothing? I think they both do quite well :) Hodges has improved his play since he first started playing origin (who can forget the 2 passes inside his own goals a few years ago?) and Thaiday was pretty solid last night, being the primary person to chase down the kicker. I quite like them :D

But keep in mind boys, its a game. Let's treat it as such while discussing it here :)

Hodges I believe does nothing, in comparison to the other players. Maybe my hate for him is clouding my vision :P

Hodges I believe does nothing, in comparison to the other players. Maybe my hate for him is clouding my vision :P

For a bloke that does "nothing" has the socond most offloads this season only bettered by gallan

I used to play against hodges and dallas johnson in the local comps. Hodges had size which made him good. Dallas had style and knew the right people.

End of the day it was 12-10 before the penalty and loosing by two points would have hurt a lot more than 8 points and having an excuse about a bodge try.

Guys just give in and support Queensland cause we'll beat you every time :evil: :evil: :evil:

LOL - NSW suck.

The 2 tries NSW scored = bounced off his back and the mofo has cat like reflexes (LUCKY), the other try for NSW ---- QLD dropped the ball and handed it to ya (again LUCKY)

QLD tries - 2 were setup from the first tackle (well played) no chance of stoppin em. The third try for GI - totally deserved (it's LUCKY it wasn't classed as a penalty try). ----

If it was the other way around and Billy Slater had kicked the ball out of Hayne's hands, you blue cokroach supporters wouldda been crying for blood.

QUEENSLAND owns - if it didn't - why do y'all live here????? Stop drinkin our water.. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Don't ya just love ORIGIN time :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Cheers

Woodlaz

this was how it was interpreted as per the rule book

Source 24-5-12: http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/bill-harrigan-says-greg-inglis-try-ruling-was-correct/story-e6frepbx-1226365846656

NRL referees boss Bill Harrigan is adamant the decision to award Greg Inglis's match-sealing try in the opening State of Origin was correct.

Inglis was controversially awarded a try seven minutes from full-time, helping lift Queensland to their 18-10 win at Etihad Stadium on Wednesday night.

Referees boss Harrigan said today after a review of the match, the Inglis decision was correct.

"The big question is on the try that happened towards the end of the game ... it is a try," Harrigan said.

"I will break it down, Greg Inglis had possession of the ball and was trying to score a try. Robbie Farah has decided, 'I need to do something to prevent the try' and he has changed his gait and dislodged the ball with his leg.

"When it's dislodged it has come off the forearm of Greg Inglis but it is a rebound not a knock on because he didn't play at the ball.

"The ball was laying on the ground and he (Inglis) put his hands on the ball and that's the reason it was a try."

NRL referees boss Bill Harrigan is adamant the decision to award Greg Inglis's match-sealing try in the opening State of Origin was correct.

Thats also a controversy as Trent Barrett has come out saying that Bill directly told him, that he believed it was not a try.

Tough job as a ref, poor bloke would have QLD after him if it wasnt awarded.

Thats also a controversy as Trent Barrett has come out saying that Bill directly told him, that he believed it was not a try.

What's all the whinging and bitching over anyways? It didn't win us the game ? We didn't steal a victory from nsw because of it, either way will still would have won

What's all the whinging and bitching over anyways? It didn't win us the game ? We didn't steal a victory from nsw because of it, either way will still would have won

The argument is, it was at a crucial part of the game which changed the dynamic and put it out of reach for NSW.

I personally dont think it was a try, but that's footy, stuff like this happens every game. Move on get over it.

NRL referees boss Bill Harrigan would have QLD after him if it wasnt awarded.

mate we already hate his guts after the joke decision in 2000, aparantly he had security at his hotel after that event.

I dont remember that, Im probably blinded by the fact that was one of the times we won lol

In a controversial affair, Queensland captain Gorden Tallis was sent from the field for abusing the referee,[1] in fact calling him a cheat. After Ryan Girdler had scored a try to level at 16-all which appeared to have included two knock-ons in the lead up, a furious Tallis confronted Harrigan and was immediately dismissed after calling him "a effing cheat". Six minutes later the Blues took advantage of the extra man for David Peachey to cross out wide and secure a 20-16 win.

Immediately after the game Tallis was summonsed to a judiciary hearing at the ground but was not suspended. He had been to the referee's room beforehand and apologised to Harrigan. Blues prop Robbie Kearns later claimed in the Melbourne Herald Sun newspaper that Tallis was to blame for Queensland's loss by showing poor discipline and that he had let himself and his side down.

There you go, worst single decision in the history of Origin.

Archived