AFO wanderers camping at Blakesleys nth Stradie july 20/22

tugger

Thanks Ted

If Mark wants me to bring my tarp I will let ya know.

My tarp is hugeeeeee so if we take it we would not need the other ones at all.

It's like <-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------> this long :P:P:P

Do you have enough spreader bars?

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Ted

It's like <-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------> this long :P:P:P

this sounds so wrong .

Thanks Ted

this sounds so wrong .

Are you implying I am big or Ted is tight,lol

I have 4 spreader bars Ted but it takes 2 joined to reach the width of the tarp.

I have spare poles and mushrooms as well.

Thanks Ted

this sounds so wrong .

I have 4 spreader bars Ted but it takes 2 joined to reach the width of the tarp.

goggle spreader bar.first listing Wikipedia.

nothing about camping on that page .images is far out .

Thanks Ted

this sounds so wrong .

i now wat the poles are for but the mushrooms do they have gold tops or am i thinking of somthing totaly different :silly:

Thanks Ted

this sounds so wrong .

haha I have one that does the large tarp I have. how many do you usually need?

ken oath ill be there!

hey ive never actually steped foot off there but what ya rckon on how far out the tide goes,i was thinking of getting some more rope from "hot pants" and adding anotha boat length of rope into the pully system to make the pully part a bit longer.how far out the tide go.does anyone know roughly how much beach is exposed on low tide.

Good stuff Mick - looking forward to a catch up, it's been too long (we'll blame having kids!!!!). I'm taking my tinny but am HOPEFUL of getting a spot offshore on the Sunday morning - keep me in mind if you have a spare spot. If I get one, will be happy for someone to use my tinny that morning.

I haven't seen these pulley systems in action yet, do you guys think they'll be necessary for a 14ft tinny? If so I'll get cracking on it.

A month to go now and we have just over 20 members from AFO coming with about 9 big boats and another 4 smaller boats in the fleet and i'm shore more will make up their minds closer so this should be a great weekend over there camping. So if anyone is thinkng they would like to come along to a AFO social this will be a good one as we are having a spit roast on saturday night with keg beer to wash it down, after the cricket on the beach that afternoon.

The bigger boats will be going offshore fishing on saturday morning if the weather allows if not we will hunt around the bay and the fishing off the beach there will be helped with good yabbie banks nearby. Dunich is only a short run from camp with kingies often around the barge wharf this time of year so there are many options for fishing

• 2 weeks later...

I am pretty sure Zano, Basstracker, Kurt, Ash, Gary C, Erin, Paton and Mick are all heading along. I am taking my rotisseri, pretty sure Mick is too, big roast up on the Saturday night. I will get my mum to make me up some of her unreal home made sponge cake, then I will split them on the island, fill with jam and sprinkle sugar on top for me birthday cakes.

Well if this boat mechanic (cant bag him myself he did a great job on my motor but slow as anything with Kurts) pulls his finger out, I'll have a deckie spot if Kurts boat is on the water. If not Kurt and ash will have my boat. Yep looking forward to seeing the crew might even head offshore if it looks good. Im guessing tugger, ted, zano, eddie, mick ect will be thinking about heading out to chase snapper?

still going (lets hope work dose not interfere)worked Sunday 2 weeks ago ,meant to work last Sunday but it was canned.hoping the reset it to this weekend and not next.

i'm planning to leave from victoria point ,think its the best option for small ,low power boats .closest too .

not sure if i'm taking m8 ,bro's or family yet .but someone will be with me .

I was thinking about making up a big batch of my chili for Friday night's meal for everybody. But then I remembered the amount of piss Friday nights entail, the fact that everybody is sleeping in tents, will be trapped on boats Saturday with somebody who may have eaten the chili, and the fact that there are no facilities.

That combination just doesn't seem like a good idea. :pinch:

i was going to be there all weekend but will be out celebrating finishing my apprenticeship on the friday and just received an invite in the mail to one of my best mates engagement party on saturday night down the gold coast. I'll still make it over there saturday morning to head out for a fish with everyone, will just be coming back in around 1ish.

not sure on decky spots yet.

Heya,

I'm new here, but thinking of coming over as suggested.

At this point it'll just be me and I'll be heading over on the Sat(early). I have a 4.75 stacer with a 60HP 4strk Merc, so unsure if it is good to head off shore with, but it could be and I want to learn.

I'll have 2 spots available on the boat.

So this is a tentative yes from me.

Heya,

I'm new here, but thinking of coming over as suggested.

At this point it'll just be me and I'll be heading over on the Sat(early). I have a 4.75 stacer with a 60HP 4strk Merc, so unsure if it is good to head off shore with, but it could be and I want to learn.

I'll have 2 spots available on the boat.

So this is a tentative yes from me.

Hey mate - If the weather is good you should be able to jump the Bar. If you are wanting to head out with us on Saturday you will need to be up early as we will probably leave the campsite around 5.30 so we can jump the bar at first light. Otherwise there is plenty of fishing in the bay. I would probably launch from Victoria Point to go to Blakesley. It is the closest ramp and better water.

Archived