Winter Camp Big Weekend

max pwr

Thought I'd add to the reports from Wintercamp as well and share some of the pics we took. Bernie and I set up a little after lunch on Friday, had a quick snack and a beer then I wandered over to a skinny bloke in a AFO shirt and introduced myself, turned out to be Jeff f and pretty soon the Newies came over and pretty much from there on it was a blur of booze, food, laughing and fishing for two days solid :P

We had never been freshwater fishing before and were surprised that we did pretty well landing about 20 bass each with Bernie pipping my best of 36cm with a 39cm fish ( probably cos most my time was spent re-rigging her lines and chasing bloody spangled whatsits all over the bottom of the boat) :angry: Thanks to Angus and rob who told us where to go to find some. I reckon rob has the advantage with his seagull-like view of the water from up there :lol:

Met a tonne of good blokes and chicks over the weekend, sampled Ted's home brew which is ridiculously good......seriously this guy is some kind of amazing! Thanks heaps Ted!! pretty much for those that didn't go you missed out on an unreal weekend and I will definitely be going to every winter camp from here on end.

This is me winning a Nordic Stage Gunslinger rod, Thanks heaps to Rob for helping me rig the draw! :P

post-5844-14459881936_thumb.jpg

Angus accepting his Damiki prize pack worth round $300....good one !

post-5844-144598819372_thumb.jpg

Young Declan accepting a prize on his boozey old man's behalf

post-5844-144598819381_thumb.jpg

And a couple of sheilas went home with some new fishing poles too courtesy of Lance from Reel Tackle....cheers mate!

post-5844-144598819391_thumb.jpg

post-5844-1445988194_thumb.jpg

Got a couple of pics of Jeff accepting his prize for biggest bass but I'm sure everyone has seen that four or five times before so I won't bore you with the details......

I couldn't help myself and stopped into BCF on the way home on Sunday morning and picked up a reel and some 4lb fireline fused crystal for my new rod :woohoo: :woohoo: no idea if the crystal is any good or not but that's what I ended up with. Pleased with the result though

post-5844-144598819752_thumb.jpg

Went down to the creek for a flick just to test out the new weapon and all I can say is it's light.......very light and casts very nicely. Can't wait to feel it loaded up with a fish!!

Thanks again to Angus & co for the prize B)

Now that looks sexy.

Just imagine how good it will look hanging out of your new highly polished stainless steel rod holders :P:P:P

Yeah I'll have to pull my finger out and come pick them up Lance :) as you can see I took your advice and went new instead of waiting for a 2nd hand one to come up.....Bernie wasn't so happy :whistle:

Now that looks sexy.

Just imagine how good it will look hanging out of your new highly polished stainless steel rod holders :P:P:P

Yeah I'll have to pull my finger out and come pick them up Lance :) as you can see I took your advice and went new instead of waiting for a 2nd hand one to come up.....Bernie wasn't so happy :whistle:

You did the right thing Steve.

Now you have a lovely outfit that should give a years of trouble free fishing.

Its great to see that every newie that came to Winter Camp was very happy and keen as to come back. To tell you the truth, that was the most chilled out Winter Camp we've had. Nothing out of control happened and the fire pit was quite tame despite Sweresy's best efforts :D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived