Summer Classic 2013 - Format and Timings

Angus

post-63-144598908232_thumb.jpg

The 3rd annual Summer Classic fishing tournament run by Australian Fishing Online is taking place on Thursday the 22nd Feb 2013 – Sunday 24th February 2013.

TIME AND VENUE:

Event Headquarters (HQ) will be at Davo’s Compleat Angler Noosa (Shop 6, Noosa Homemaker Centre

Mary Street Noosaville Qld. 4566) The Event Headquarters is where you need to report to collect your unique item and recording sheet, weighing-in (submitting photo entries) and prize presentation.

FORMAT:

Each angler will be issued with a printout listing eligible target species. These species will be:

1. Barramundi

2. Whiting

3. Bream

4. Mackerel (any species)

5. Golden Trevally

6. Giant Trevally

7. Cale Cale

8. Dusky Flathead

9. Mangrove Jack

10. Grunter Bream

11. Australian Bass

12. Tarpon

13. Estuary Cod

14. Tailor.

15. Big Eye Trevally

16. Jewfish

Each angler should attempt to catch as many of these target species as possible as the winners will be those with the longest overall length of every combined capture (one entry per species). Each entry must be photographed on a measuring device with clearly discernible increments. Each photo must include the anglers unique angler number.

A leader board will be devised and only competitors directly in the running for a placing will have their photo’s checked.

ENTRY FEE AND REGISTRATION:

The entry fee for this event is $20. Entry forms not correctly filled out will render the entrants ineligible for the prize and trophy draw. All competitors will be able to sign-in online before the event and will And can pick up their unique angler item and species recording sheet from the HQ at 8:30-13:00 on the 22nd and 23rd of Feb. The HQ will also be open from 8:00am onwards on Sunday the 24th for entry submissions. The BBQ and Prize Presentation will commence at 12 midday on Sunday the 24th February. All entries must be made by this time. Ensure you keep your unique angler number and return it to organisers at the prize presentation for inclusion in a possible lucky door prize. No number means no chance for lucky

door prize.

BOUNDARIES:

The boundaries for the competition include the Noosa River system and its tributaries and Laguna Bay.

PRIZES:

There will be alot of prizes on offer for all categories as well as some fantastic fishing gear, tackle and accessories. At this stage we are still finalising the fishing gear prizes which we hope to have finalised soon.

LUCKY DOOR PRIZES:

1. $100 Davo's Compleat Angler Voucher.

2. $100 Davo's Compleat Angler Voucher

3. $100 Davo's Compleat Angler Voucher

4. $100 Davo's Compleat Angler Voucher

5. $100 Davo's Compleat Angler Voucher

PRIZE CATEGORIES:

1st Place Summer Classic Champion: Damiki/Pontoon 21 Prize Pack (RRP $175) & Nordic Stage Jaeger or Gunslinger ($280): Total RRP = $455.00

2nd Place Summer Classic Champion: Damiki/Pontoon 21 Prize Pack (RRP $140) & Nordic Stage Jaeger or Gunslinger ($280). Total RRP = $420.00

3rd Place Summer Classic Champion: Damiki/Pontoon 21 Prize Pack (RRP $100)& Nordic Stage Jaeger or Gunslinger ($280). Total RRP = $380

TOURNAMENT RULES:

By agreeing to compete in the 2013 Summer Classic tournament you also agree to our Tournament Rules which can be found: http://www.australianfishing.com.au/tournaments/tournament-rules

TOURNAMENT REGISTRATION:

Will be active ASAP.

Please make sure you read and understand the information and rules above as well as our Tournament Rules before registering. If you experience any problems registering please email the admin team (admin@australianfishing.com.au) or post in the Summer Classic category in the AFO forum (you will need to be a AFO member to access the forum)

EVENT SPONSORS:

Major Sponsors

Davo’s Compleat Angler Noosa

post-63-144598908296_thumb.jpg

Searing Tackle (Damiki Pontoon 21)

post-63-1445989083_thumb.jpg

post-63-144598908305_thumb.gif

Obsession Fishing (Nordic Stage Rods)

post-63-144598918347_thumb.jpg

At midday that could be interesting. Not sure how many people would be keen on leaving their gear unattended.

Hey Eug,

I spoke to them today and apparently there is a large area out the back where we will be doing the BBQ. AFO members are welcome to park here as well as it is secure etc. At these things, like any fishing event I attend I always suggest probably putting expensive items (rods, reels, sounders) in cars. But these parks are within eye site.

Angus

Peraps someone in the know can put an X on the map where the back area is located?

[attachment=60346]DavosNoosa.jpg[/attachment]

Behind the store.

This area can apparently facilitate 8 cars and boat combos.

With most other stores out the front closed Sunday, the car park is also very very quiet I have been told allowing for plenty of tandem car parks to be available.

With the combination of the above we should be sweet.

Also take note the lucky door prizes have been added.:)

Angus

See you there Jeff.

Also feedback on the list of species welcomed. Obviously nothing will change this year but will be noted moving forward. We tried to include a broad and achievable range of fish with a couple of rarities.

Anyway... Bring it on!

Sorry guys due to unavoidable work issues this event will now be commencing on the Friday morning. Proper updates and articles changes will be made tonight. I hope this doesn't cause to much inconveniance to anyone and please be assured it was not a decision made lightly. Actually it was more of a requirement than a decision.

Also if anyone would like to help out at any point at the HQ during the event please let me know :)

There has been a bit of chat from a few Noosa boys explaiming how they are looking forward to beating those from Brisbane. I said as most the winners last year were all the way from Mackay it is anyone game!

Also a few of you may be interested to know that 2 barra were caught as jack by catch during last weekends Davo's Social Comp which still had 25 entrants despite the weather.

Angus

I'll be up there that weekend, Id like to fish the classic too. Anyone whos keen on camping, my folks have a few shady acres up at pomona I'll have my camper there to cook ect. Pub is down the road for good counter meals and its about 20 mins to noosa or to the boreen point boat ramp. Hit me up with a pm.

Brad

For those worried about security, I'm sure a sentry or two can be organised to look after the boats and gear in the carpark during the presentation; especially if everyone parks close to each other.

I'll nominate Kreel for the job - he shouldn't be needed at the presentation..... :P

Some more prizes added guys :)

LUCKY DOOR PRIZES:

PRIZE CATEGORIES:

1st Place Summer Classic Champion: Damiki/Pontoon 21 Prize Pack (RRP $175) & Nordic Stage Jaeger or Gunslinger ($280): Total RRP = $455.00

2nd Place Summer Classic Champion: Damiki/Pontoon 21 Prize Pack (RRP $140) & Nordic Stage Jaeger or Gunslinger ($280). Total RRP = $420.00

3rd Place Summer Classic Champion: Damiki/Pontoon 21 Prize Pack (RRP $100)& Nordic Stage Jaeger or Gunslinger ($280). Total RRP = $380

Some more prizes added guys :)

LUCKY DOOR PRIZES:

PRIZE CATEGORIES:

Wow awesome stuff Angus

Bernie and I really wanted to make it but this weekend is Bernie's birthday at Imbil and next weekend is my son's 6th birthday....... I just can't twist his arm to agree to a camping/fishing weekend for his birthday so it's a no go :(

We wish all competitors best of luck and rest assured my thoughts will be with you while we're entertaining 10 little 6 year old devil spawn :unsure:

Sigh.

Bernie and I really wanted to make it but this weekend is Bernie's birthday at Imbil and next weekend is my son's 6th birthday....... I just can't twist his arm to agree to a camping/fishing weekend for his birthday so it's a no go :(

We wish all competitors best of luck and rest assured my thoughts will be with you while we're entertaining 10 little 6 year old devil spawn :unsure:

Sigh.

Tell him my boys will be there.

Archived