Brisbane River Classic Fishing Competition 2007

MichaelJ

Rung up Nugget on 4bc this morning to get listeners to look out for the stolen awoonga gear and gave the site a bit of a plug whilst it was there.

Anyhow Nugget has given me a DYI home brew kit at one of those home brew places where they do most of it for you. I will see if i can get it kegged up and bring it along to the Barby and prise giving on Sunday arvo.

Most of you will need it as team \" old ferts\" are going to scoop the pool.

Cheers

Ray

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feral wrote:

Should I be a conservationist and use a live well, for upgrading, while I am going for biggest cattie?

Or should I just chuck em in a heap and hand over biggest one at the end of the day?

Ahh a bir of healthy competition Feral! Catfish are my forte!

Joel ;)

Andrew: You need to report before you start competing. We would prefer people did in the mornings, but if you can't make the morning time, then you just need to make sure you do so before you start competing. Note, that we may not be there outside those times stated, so it would highly recommended to do so during those times otherwise you may miss out reporting and not be able to weigh-in your fish. If you try to report in the afternoon and then try and weigh in fish that same afternoon, what you weigh-in won't be eligible for prizes. You may only report in the afternoon if you are planning to fish that night and cannot make it at the morning time and plan to weigh-in fish the following day.

Feral wrote:

Angus, can you sign on at a weigh in? Boofheads at work have me in a training course Friday morning, so cant make the morning sign in, but might make it there in time for the arvo weigh in.

Get caught in traffic and have to detour via Colmslie and arrive late. Ask them for notes to cover what you missed.

Alternatively have a sickie.

Cheers

Ray

obone wrote:

Hang on, so do we have to \"sign on\" at the weigh-in station before we fish in the classic, even if we send all the enrty form and stuff beforehand?

Joel ;)

Obone: This is outlined in the enrty forms. But \"Yes\". You need to register at the weigh in station before commencing.

Angus

Angus wrote:

obone wrote:
Hang on, so do we have to \"sign on\" at the weigh-in station before we fish in the classic, even if we send all the enrty form and stuff beforehand?

Joel ;)

Obone: This is outlined in the enrty forms. But \"Yes\". You need to register at the weigh in station before commencing.

Angus

Okay, it might be just me being daft, but I have another stupid question I can't work out from the BRC FAQ's.

Do we have to 'register' everyday we fish?

BRC FAQ page:

Can we report at the weigh-in time in the afternoon, or is it strictly in the mornings only?

You need to report before you start competing. We would prefer people did in the mornings, but if you can't make the morning time, then you just need to make sure you do so before you start competing. Note, that we may not be there outside those times stated, so it would highly recommended to do so during those times otherwise you may miss out reporting and not be able to weigh-in your fish.

Kind of insinuates that you do?

Joel ;)

if the parents of a junior are at the sign in and the junior is at school does the junior have to sign in the next day or is the parents presence enough also if a junior one the junior comp with a large bream would said junior be eligible for the heaviest bream as well:unsure:

Admin Note: Parents/guardians need to report for entrants in the Junior BRC, though the junior's presence is encouraged.

No you may only win one category with each fish. (Junior BRC is a category)

Each competitor needs to register at the HQ before competing, though as the parent/ guardian is legally responsible for the junior they are required to report before commencing fishing, and it is highly recommended the juniors report as well.

Junior competitors are only eligible for the Jnr category.

Angus

hey, under the weigh in rules, section j, it states that any fish deem mutalated will not be illegible, fillet missing, beheaded etc. Can we still gut them? Just i would hate to waste a fish thats all, and most fish need to be gutted quickly thats all.

Ash wrote:

hey, under the weigh in rules, section j, it states that any fish deem mutalated will not be illegible, fillet missing, beheaded etc. Can we still gut them? Just i would hate to waste a fish thats all, and most fish need to be gutted quickly thats all.

Yeah mate dont gut them.

If you put them on uce they will be fine.

Fish have to be weighed on the day they are caught so it wont pose a threat to the meat.

Angus

Ash wrote:

alright sweet. just didnt want to poison the family!lol Luckily i dont eat fish!:P

Yeah mate. If you keep them on ice no worries. Think about the fresh seafood markets like Capalaba and Sammies Girl. There fish in excellent and its been on ice longer than 24 hours. So yours will be fresher than that.

Angus

Archived