Moreton Island 17/10/20 - 24/10/20

benno573

Hey Benno

That is a legendary trip - what a variety of species! Great job on the yakking, the surf fishing, and the rock fishing.

What twits just thinking it is there given right to cast your lines. I hope they got a shower from a big wave (which may have cleaned their noggin out). Shame that the big flatty got away, but it sounds like the fight was great.

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

1 hour ago, Do$tylz said:

Sick trip Ben.

Hey - you reckon an xtrail can make it up to there? Have been keen to get out there but just don't have any experience doing 4x4 and don't have any of my close mates who are into it with the right gear. Would love to roll up there for a few nights for a trip sometime.

I have had a mate take his xtrail over there and had no problem. Its all about the tyre pressure. 

2 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

I have had a mate take his xtrail over there and had no problem. Its all about the tyre pressure. 

normally yes, however, it would have been a deadset struggle this time with the tracks in the condition they were, I was doing some ploughing of the middle of the tracks in the BT50 the sand was that soft and deep in places.  probably totally different now after some heavier rain though.

@Do$tylz - I am sure if we do organize it and get a few of us together there will be a spare seat in a car somewhere that you could fill. also works out more economical for all to split the costs of barge etc.  and saves me getting out a snatch strap... 😛

you got a awesome variety there and looks like you got a nice feed out of it good job it’s shame about those people though they ruin it for everyone .I could never just go up to someone and start casting in the same spot its just plain disrespectful .at my local spot if I see more then 1 person on the wharf I fish somewhere else as the wharf is quite small and takes about 20 minutes to cover all ground from just casting off the wharf using plastics for me it’s always kind of like a unspoken agreement thing that you never go up to someone fishing and fish right next to them and cast in the same area