Cracking Cairns Cod

tugger

1 hour ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Congrats on the cattle dog cod @tugger and great to see Sheryl getting amongst the trout 🙂. Did you leave from Cairns or Port Douglas - either way, how far roughly? Also, out of interest, is it inside a green zone? 

Enjoy the rest of the trip mate, nice time of the year to be up there 🙂.

Left from Cairns we did plenty of km looking for fish there is a mix of zones even where we snorkeled there was different zones on Opal reef.

On 23/06/2021 at 10:16 PM, tugger said:

Left from Cairns we did plenty of km looking for fish there is a mix of zones even where we snorkeled there was different zones on Opal reef.

Realised I didn't quite manage to type what I intended to, but you appear to have worked out what I was asking thankfully .... 🙂. The question was referring to whether where you snorkelled was in a green zone 🙂. Going to have to get up that way sometime, looks SENSATIONAL!!!!

1 hour ago, GregN70 said:

I might have to go back & try, I find it very crowded there at 1770.  I stopped going there as it’s very expensive to stay there & it takes 3hrs to launch your boat amongst the crowd.

And we caught stuff all, lol. But what’s new.  

I've never waited that long to launch at 1770 only minutes every time but we do leave just before dawn and I've been going there for 10 years and haven't noticed a change sure the carpark gets full we just get in early. I normally just stay in a caravan park the night before we set off from the ramp it's cheap enough then stay on our boats out on the reef as we like to just pick weather windows good enough to fish for a couple of days.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/06/2021 at 7:01 PM, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hi tugger

Sounds like you are living the dream - a huge cod and an awesome trip around Australia! 

I have not yet had much luck fishing this hols, hopefully soon I will, but I just got back from camping, and tomorrow I’m going up to Yeppoon for a couple of days, and then a three night Scout Camp. Yay! 
Cheers Hamish

Just tripping around mighty Queensland Hamish good luck if you get out again