Wivenhoe first trip

STU

Got back from Wivenhoe for the first trip always wanted to fish there driving past it so many times going to somerset I met a mate at fernvale this arvo and headed out from the sailing club first few casts my mate got a catty on spinnbait then I got one on jackall fishing the edge,Then we moved out to find some schooling bass and I picked up my first Big W bass of 42cm fl on a jackall then Jb scored one same size on plastic then I tied on a plastic all I got was another catty so thought I would try a Ice jig bang another catty so we decided to move to platypus cliffs to cast some spinnerbaits but got zip but it looked awesome steep cliffs with small caves.

We ended up going back to were we saw the fish and b got another catty on an ice jig so as it was getting late we fished the edge and I scored another just legal bass on jackall.We saw plenty of lungies everywhere and there is alot of catties so look forward to the colder months when they thin out,And make sure you pack plenty of batteries because its one huge place we only fished a small fraction of it so I will be back to get one of those Big W 50's. [img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/wivenhoe_first_trip_001_AFO.jpg

post-1103-144598453751_thumb.jpg

Sailed out there last Saturday and there seemed to be a fair amount of surface action there with fish. I mean you see what I think are big lungfish looking things surface all the time, roll and go back under but these were smaller fish striking the surface and then back under. Most seemed to happen on the far side of the spit of land straight out from the picnic tables area.

Will be there this saturday as part of a clean up working bee, if you have a key and are planning on fishing then come over and say hello!

Archived