What high school did you go to??

Do$tylz

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jordan: But i thought you graduated :P JK.

But yeah i know what you mean. Im saying its right by the way. But at an all boys school in my time it would have been a death sentence.

The whole bullying issue these days is interesting though. Like it was largely ignored in my time, and blokes being blokes usually just sorted out a natural pecking order.

Now that they focus on it so much it seems to be a bigger problem with worse results.

Thats just my opinion anyway.

Angus

Angus wrote:

The whole bullying issue these days is interesting though. Like it was largely ignored in my time, and blokes being blokes usually just sorted out a natural pecking order.

Now that they focus on it so much it seems to be a bigger problem with worse results.

Thats just my opinion anyway.

Angus

Did u see that 60minutes thing how the chick was getting cyber bullied and her mum went round to the bullies house, and the bullies mum came out and said get the f off my property, get ure f'en cameras out of here etc etc, and the chicks mum wouldnt leave, The bullies mum hit the chicks mum, Pretty Sad if u ask me.

yea if you got bullied and told a teacher, it was a death sentance. theres nothing that teachers will ever be able to do i dont think. one guy bought a brand new car one time, got bullied and told the teachers. the bully then apologised and invited him to a party and when he drove there they all came out and pulverised his car then took a dump on his bonnet lol. pretty sure they had to pay for the damages but i think it got the message across...

Bullying is very interesting.

Usually their is a reason people get bullied. The world certainly is becoming more tolerent/accepting towards certain types of people. ie Gay, race, looks disability, geeks. This acceptance is being taught from a very very young age.

If ya get bullied these days you must have a serious personality flaw.

And its also getting soft. You look at somebody with the wrong expression on ya face these days and your a bully, sexual predator, aggressive, racist, sexist and the list goes on.

Gone are the days when kids in a playground sorted out there own problem. Gone are the days when the local copper took misbehaved kids out the back for a flooging to teach em a lesson instead of pressing charges and ruining a perswon life.

This world has gone soft in so many ways. But in other ways .. now that another rgument.

went to marist rosalie 8&9 then after to many detentions and stuff got moved to Saint Laurence's college in south brissie! as for the people gettin bullied. harden up get the ringleader in front of his mates and give him a toweling problem solvered!

went to yeronga statehigh yeronga school all my school years from start to finish ;left in 1964 done no good thats why im a builder only good with my hands haha main thing is no matter how good any us done at school we can all CATCH FISH or can we

bootyinblue wrote:

School..... what was school?

Nah I went to Sefton High School in the heart of fibro city in Sydney.

Born rough and bred tough!

ROFLMFAO Booty, I seem to remember a charter trip where a cop who will remain anonymous;) ;) was no where to be seen when trouble started :P :P :P :P LOL

Lee

BGS 72-77 B)

CEGS and BSHS were the main competition in my day :angry: :laugh: :laugh: . But big it up for Angus and the other Churchie boy who started this site - its quite addictive. :woohoo:

I'd love to know more about this Zoomer thing? :huh:

i went to a london school called eaglesfield boys school it was huge compared to the schools here the main gay guy was a school bully if he wanted a kiss youd better pucker up as hed kick the shit out of you and when you were bleeding in a gutter hed kiss you then thankfully i was ugly then to so never had to :laugh:

jason

haha.. this thread's turned out sweet.

Re churchie and the gay guys - one of my best mates little brothers is actually in yr 12 at churchie right now. Apparently, its actually a non-event at the school with all the blokes. Apparently the school kids don't care, it was just the media that blew it all up (shock horror). But yeah... i agree with the school. Its a religous school with religous rules. If you go there, suck it up (not literally :P) and live with it. F.I.F.O!!

Re Bullying - yep. Natural pecking order. I believe Darwin called it survival of the fittest. If you couldn't match up to it, keep your head down and shut up. If you could match it then go for gold. I wasn't a bully but I had no dramas standing up to the kids grades above me. Things escallated pretty badly sometimes. When I was in yr 8, the kid in yr 9 who picked the fight with me ended up getting driven home by deputy principle before the end of the day. I was sternly told by the deputy that if anything happened to him, I'd be expelled.

kriso wrote:

went to marist rosalie 8&9 then after to many detentions and stuff got moved to Saint Laurence's college in south brissie! as for the people gettin bullied. harden up get the ringleader in front of his mates and give him a toweling problem solvered!

Hey Kriso, did you know Ashin Chiang??? and dave marshall? I think they were at St Lauries around your time.

ok, regarding the bullying at schools.

bbc - years 8 & 9 1997/98.

basically, if you weren't good at sport, weren't "going out with" a chick that everyone thought was hot, you got paid out on in some way shape or form. being a person who was not in the "a" rugby team, not brilliant at anything in particular, didn't really fit into a particular niche group, i did get quite a bit of sh!t from the "cool kids" also called the meatheads or the jocks, who seemed to have a pack mentality, with the biggest and stupidest of the lot being elected leader (a bit like politics hey? :P ) it never really bothered me but i can see how it would get to some after a period of time and the system should step in after a period of time if required. i only once got into fisticuffs with a guy who thought it would be funny to insult my family...:angry: and i got a 2-day holiday for it, he got expelled, despite the fact i "won" the fight. he he he... ;)

runcorn state high school years 10-12 1999 - 2001

a totally different culture, with very different niche groups. the emphasis was not on the ellite, more on "cool". again, there was not one niche in particular that suited me, however, there was much less of a "pack" mentality surrounding this. while there were still the odd stouches between groups, a bit of verbal and occasionally physical garb going on, however, the culture was very different. i got laughed at for academic achievments (i'm not as dumb as i look or sound really) as opposed to my girlfriend not being acceptable to everyone else. i had a much easier time at runcorn, the teachers were much easier to get along with and i felt dealt with any issues in a much better way. it is definately different, for me it worked.

sorry for the epic post, just my thoughts...

yeah mate. I think its the ever present argument of Private Vs Public schools. For me personally, I'd go highly regarded public well before Id go private for my kids. I personally have found that the public school kids seem to be a little more grounded than the private ones. And I found in my years the private schools kids are the first and worst at getting into the drug culture. Pot was the only thing at my school, but I found that everything and anything was the go at private schools.

I think with some of the GPS/elite private schools, traditions are soo strong that the mentality is that if you go to those schools, you're expected to be of a certain level socially and economically, and act a certain way. If you don't fit in, tradition points and singles you out as an oddity.

Massively debatable subject that has heaps of points of views. Good on ya for holding your own though Benno.

Do$tylz wrote:

yeah mate. I think its the ever present argument of Private Vs Public schools. For me personally, I'd go highly regarded public well before Id go private for my kids. I personally have found that the public school kids seem to be a little more grounded than the private ones. And I found in my years the private schools kids are the first and worst at getting into the drug culture. Pot was the only thing at my school, but I found that everything and anything was the go at private schools.

I think with some of the GPS/elite private schools, traditions are soo strong that the mentality is that if you go to those schools, you're expected to be of a certain level socially and economically, and act a certain way. If you don't fit in, tradition points and singles you out as an oddity.

Massively debatable subject that has heaps of points of views. Good on ya for holding your own though Benno.

thats true dostyle if you didnt fit in economically or socially then you really didnt fit it

well worded henry and benno.

private school guys have way bigger egos that public schools i think, and theres way more fights and drugs there but i think there are also better opportunities...

going to nudgee definatley gave me better opportunities and did its best to steer me towards a good start

id rather just not have kids and avoid the issue all together...

drugs, bullying, loser friends, it would all be way to stressful as a parent...

Nudgee would probably be the pick of the privates for me. I quite like the direction they head, and they don't have a really bad stigma attached to them. Massive sports scene, with a cheer squad and school pride that is the envy of many.

But yeah. Private school alumni and power pulling is the massive upside to going private. Name dropping helps you out in the real world in some places.

faulked wrote:

i went to a london school called eaglesfield boys school it was huge compared to the schools here the main gay guy was a school bully if he wanted a kiss youd better pucker up as hed kick the shit out of you and when you were bleeding in a gutter hed kiss you then thankfully i was ugly then to so never had to :laugh:

jason

Sounds more like a stint in jail, with the bully's name being "Bubba" :laugh: :laugh:

Archived