2008 Winter Camp - Official Thread

Angus

Hey everyone.

Welcome to the offficial G-up thread for Winter Camp 2008.

Dear AFO members, the weekend of the Winter Camp 2008 draws rapidly closer and the details have all been finalised.

Location: Camp Lake Fire @ Maroon Dam. 664 Burnett Creek Road Lake Maroon. Feel free to check out the website for this camp site: http://www.camplakefire.com/

Dates: The Winter Camp will run over the dates of the 4th, 5th & 6th July. Please find below a more detailed itinarary.

Friday 4th July.

7:30pm’ish: Arrive at Camp Site.

7:45pm-till late: Set up camp, cabins, dinner and social.

Saturday 5th July.

6:30am: Breakfast.

6:45am-7:00am: Briefing.

7:30am-2:30pm: Fishing.

2:30-3:30: Lunch & Recording.

3:30-6:30 Angling Presentations. (Neil Schultz, Garry Fitzgerald, MORE TBA).

6:30-late: Dinner and socializing.

Sunday 6th July

6:30am: Breakfast.

7:00-12:00: Fishing.

12:30: Prize Presentation.

What to bring:

Fishing Gear.

Towel.

Wet Weather Gear.

Tent if required.

Boat if desired.

Alcoholic beverages.

Digital Camera if possible.

Brag Mat.

Common Sense.

Accomadation:

There are Cabins available as well as fantastic camping grouds at this camp site. Cabin reservations will be first in first served, however some preference will be given to the ladies. Hope you dont mind gentlemen.

Boating:

Some boats and canoes are available for hire from Sports Tuition. Power boats are allowed on Maroon Dam which should open up the range of boats AFO members can bring. People with their own boats are encouraged to bring them so that more non boaters may attend.

Packages:

Using one of the Sports Tuition boats: $210.

BYO Boat: $180.

Please make payments direct to Steve Wilkes:

Sports Tuition Pty Ltd

BSB 034 037

A/C No. 159547

Westpac Banking Corporation

Making a booking:

When you book please email the following details to both myself: angus@australianfishing.com.au and Steve Wilkes: sportstuition@optusnet.com.au

a: Full name and AFO Username?

b: Package?

c: Cabins or camping?

d: If you are bringing you own boat what type? (Canoe, Kayak, Tinnie etc).

e: Will you need fishing gear?

I will need to information to keep track of who needs what so please take the time to do this.

Prizes:

Thanks everyone. Just a note as well, Anaconda Logan have come on board with some great prizes including Daiwa Sol and Revros Reel, top of the range rods and more. So it will be worth competing for! I will give a briefing on the rules etc of the camp on the first day.

Please make your bookings ASAP for ease of logistics.

If you have further questions or lively banter regarding this camp please use this thread: http://www.australianfishing.com.au/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=237&func=view&catid=15&id=115557#115557

Confirmed Attendees:

1. Steve Wilkes

2. Neil Schultz (Presenter).

3. Angus Gorrie

4. Tanya Gorrie

5. Julia Birks

6. Ray Kennedy

7. Tristan Mason

8. Crystal

9. Jeff Flynn

10. Jamie Brocket

11. Ash Andersen

12. Samara Andersen

13. Natalie Long

14. Ellen Wren

15. Ben Ebelt

16. Andrew Boyd

17. Julia Wissler

18. Kriso Lubbers

19. Victor De Baie

20. Liesbeth Thie

21. Baden Phillips

22. Aaron H

23. Rod Vardy

24: Michele Everding

25: Paul Czarkowski

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have mentioned this in the front page article but due to a few hick ups at Kayak Camp ill just reiterate. Please email both myself and Steve Wilkes the information requested in the front page article. This will just make logistics so much easier.

Cheers.

Angus

This is gonna be a blast! If you havent signed up yet make sure you do if you can make it. The yak camp was awesome, great catching up with AFO members. And just remember the ladies will enjoy the winter camp too, nice cabins and surrounding etc.

rayke1938 wrote:

Paid last night. Emails sent now requesting cabin.

If there are any non boaters who wish to come along and watch an old mug fishing I will have 2 spare seats in the boat.

Cheers

Ray

One seat gone to Polyphonic still one available looks like I may be going early on Friday for a pre fish.

Cheers

Ray

Love to join you all, but I have to stay home and injoy the final weekend i have as a sort-of-bachelor as i will be a married man as from the 12th July and the final wedding plans will have to be sorted.

Plus after going last night to the snapper seminar, talking the 'soon to be wife' into letting me take the tinny on our honeymoon :silly: is not going to be easy.

So this time round i'd have to pass it up.

DAve

I'm definitely keen at this stage & am 99% sure I'll be there, will know for certain next week. Not sure how I will be cruising around on the dam, whether my inflatable dinghy will be adequate or if I need to borrow a boat or go deckie for someone else? Plenty of time to work that one out yet though!

Cheers,

Matt

yep. Sorry gents (and ladies :P) out again due to work. DAMMIT.

At least the amount of effort and time I'm putting into work is paying off..... I'm heading to Hawaii for a mass party in July. All expenses paid. Hope to get a shot at some game fishing there.

Do$tylz wrote:

yep. Sorry gents (and ladies :P) out again due to work. DAMMIT.

At least the amount of effort and time I'm putting into work is paying off..... I'm heading to Hawaii for a mass party in July. All expenses paid. Hope to get a shot at some game fishing there.

:ohmy: lucky bastard..... :ohmy:

have a great trip mate, all the hard work ahs paid off i guess!!!

rayke1938 wrote:

rayke1938 wrote:
Paid last night. Emails sent now requesting cabin.

If there are any non boaters who wish to come along and watch an old mug fishing I will have 2 spare seats in the boat.

Cheers

Ray

One seat gone to Polyphonic still one available looks like I may be going early on Friday for a pre fish.

Cheers

Ray

:evil: :evil: LOL all my evil doing.

"Hey Ray why don't we go early Friday for a prefish and get some more time on the water" :evil: :evil:

Not that it will help me with the way I've been fishing so far in 2008:laugh:

Archived