NPD 18 July 08 "doh-nut"

Rocket75

In the hope that some warmer weather this week had awoken the slumbering bass giants, I trecked out this afternoon at about 2.30 feeling positive.

I stumbled out at dusk dejected and beaten.

Spinnerbaits, slugs, vibes, plastics..all got launched deep, worked shallow, jigged and slow rolled...all got ignored.

Birds were present for much of the time but they did not seem to be feeding.

What chance do I have if even the birds can't find the fish?

I tried both first car park and Forgans today, but apart from some exercise, I got nuthin:angry:

I donated a G-Vibe and a Halco slug, but I did manage to come out ahead on the lure stakes by scoring a Mask Vib lost by another angler.

I hope that some good reports start hitting the forum, that's 3 donuts from my last 3 NPD sessions and I've forgotten what a bass strike feels like:(

Thanks for sharing my pain:silly:

Rocket

Rocket, I shared your pain today as well at NPD, although I didn't lose any lures! A mate & I tried everything without so much as a touch. We were there from 4.30 til 6 at the park between Forgans & Bullocky. Had hoped that the warmer weather had warmed the water a little, but wading out barefoot in shorts I can tell ya that the water was still freezing! 2nd donut in a row at NPD.

Cheers,

Matt

Donuts are the go this time of the year unless you find a school moving about, however there seems to be a prob with fish shut down in all dams at the moment. Some of the comps are getting shocking results. Some people are finding the fish in the middle of the day.

Archived