My first ever Bass!!

chubbstar

Took the kids to school and set myself up to watch a dvd in the warmth of my lounge room, when the mobile starts going of it's head. Message from Jason aka Faulked, Lets go fishing!. So I gave him a ring and after a little bit of arm twisting I jumped in my car and headed up to his house.

The target for today was Bass at North Pine Dam, My first time fishing any fresh water in Brisbane so I wasn't expecting much action at all:unsure:

We waded out up to our waists throwing G-Vibes, after about 15 minutes Jase changed his lure to a silver slice, first cast "Yep I'm on!:woohoo: " says Jase. I went back to shore and set up the brag mat etc and this is the result.

bass001AFO-1.jpg

bass004AFO.jpg

A nice fat little Bass:)

Well after that effort I had a Silver slice on my rod quicker than a fat kid on a cupcake:blink:

First cast, Ripped it out as far as I could, let it sink lift, drop, wind.... lift, drop, wind... lift, drop, BANG she's on :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: I start screaming like a banshee!! Jase starts laughing at my smile and antics. My first Bass was well on it's way in when it Bricked me:blink: OH SH!T, I still had her on so I let line out and then she pulled it back but was still snaged. After about 5 minutes of rooting around and fearing that she was gone for good, I got her out:woohoo: While I was digging her out Jase hooked up again, Double hook up:woohoo:

And here she is..

bass014AFO.jpg

:P

OK here she is;)

bass006AFO.jpg

My first Bass around the 45cm mark:)

Next cast same deal, Nice fight bricked again, but didn't take to long to get this one out of the weeds;)

A new PB not hard when it's only my second Bass:laugh:

bass009AFO.jpg

she went 48cm :woohoo:

bass011AFO.jpg

We caught many more during the session, we lost heaps to the weeds about 10-15m out in front of us. To say we had a ball would be an understatement. Great stuff

Thanks Jase for that little arm twist this morning, It sure beats the hell out of watching a dvd:P

A couple more pic's

bass007AFO.jpg

They were fat little buggers.

Yep we were keen;)

bass016AFO.jpg

Thanks for reading....

Jayson

Looks like the tip of Bullockies from those pics, glad you guys got onto some, I needed to hear of some good catches before heading out there again...any idea what the Barometer reading was today? Seems to be some science to it.

Well done on the PB chubs, nice fish:cheer:

Rocket

faulked wrote:

as a matter of fact i can twist her arm mate i can send you home with a block o choc for her B) gotta keep the good lady happy:)

It's on!!!!!

I wonder what else I can get from her for a block of chocolate :kiss: ohmy: ;):laugh:

I know a fellah that "Gets what he wants" for a fresh Prawn :kiss: :kiss: :ohmy: :kiss: :laugh: :laugh:

What time do you want me at your house mate?

Rocket, Are you up for an afternoon mission?;)

Jayson

Good work both of you! Some nice bass there!

I was at NPD this arvo too, decided that the barometer was up according to Telstra weather on the mobie, and a bit of fishing was way more fun then lectures...

Started at park between Forgan Cove & Bullockies, didn't do any good there, lost my only slug to the weed monster first cast... :( Not a good start! So after about an hour and a half there walking around & throwing just about everything in my lure box (was even tempted to attach some trebles to the tackleback & try that! :silly:) at them I packed up & moved around to Mcgavins. I cast around there for about an hour same story there, not a touch! Ah well, wouldn't be NPD if someone didn't get a donut I guess! :laugh:

Cheers,

Matt

Rocket75 wrote:

is there a way of predicting Barometric pressure?

I have seen sites that track it, but not predict it?

Fairly easy actually. Just find a site that shows the iso-bars with the pressure indications on them and you can find out what it'll be. The rings indicate lines of pressure in the same way that a contour map indicates alltitude/elevation

Seabreeze says it'll be around 1021-1023 at 10am tomorrow (if I read them correctly)

http://www.seabreeze.com.au/graphs/qld_synoptic.asp

Archived