Dennis Lake footballs

Aaron H

Looking for a quick fishing fix this arvo and had another great little session down at Dennis Lake, spent an hour down there landed 3 bass all over 40 cm and lost another 4 in the weed (Man it tests u out down there). All fish released and caught on shrimp under float.

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/26072008_003_.jpg

post-266-144598466626_thumb.jpg

mangler wrote:

Nice work Aaron, some beauties in that lot, gotta love that so close to home!

Cheers,

Matt

Its awesome mate, only thing I wonder is how regularly it is stocked as the smallest I have caught is around the 38 cm mark, so don't think it is stocked regularly but if everyone plays the catch and release game it shouldn't matter

Aaron H wrote:

Its awesome mate, only thing I wonder is how regularly it is stocked as the smallest I have caught is around the 38 cm mark, so don't think it is stocked regularly but if everyone plays the catch and release game it shouldn't matter

That's right mate, hopefully people don't abuse it. Do you see many people fishing there?

Rocket75 wrote:

All the locals look "funny" out that way don't they??:huh: :silly:

Looks like fun, might need some heavier gear to extract them out of the weed?

Rocket

:laugh: Watch it mate don't start a North vs South war:laugh: I'm using my North Pine set up but a lot of the weed is that thick aquatic stuff like Maroon, fish comes up with about 5kg of weed wrapped around it :laugh: , haven't found a lure that will stay weed free long enough except poppers bring on summer

chubbstar wrote:

Nice one Aaron, gotta be happy with that effort:woohoo:

Have you ever eaten one? If you have how do you rate the taste?

Good to see you amongst them;)

Jayson

I have eaten bass out of the Hinze they were good, would never eat them out of Dennis Lake, it is only a small dam and don't know how often it is stocked so I put them back to catch them again

Archived