State Of Origin Fishing Comp 2009!!!

Angus

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maxi wrote:

Stick_Queen wrote:
Hmm Davo is a Qld and Maxi NSW....... this could get really interesting to watch if they are in the same tinny hahaha

I'll be the one laughing from shore :woohoo:

and looking forward very much to putting some faces to names ...:laugh: :laugh:

and renewing some old ones .. :P :P

You sure about that - some of those cane toads are butt ugly!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

bootyinblue wrote:

Guys... bad news!

I am going to be a scratching for this as realised I will be on my way to Camerons Corner that weekend on our annual boys 4wd expedition.

So it saves me from making the choice of which State to fish for, as I can literally have a foot in each camp once there.

sorry to hear that booty

no doubt some of the boys will keep you informed as to how well the qld mob are'nt doin...:laugh: :laugh:

Looking forward to kicking QLD butt, hope you have brought your big guns Angus looking forward to the nightly boat races have not had one since i gave up footy so line your best drinkers up, shyt forgot i drink xxxx gold oh well i can't spell either BRING IT ON (DON'T YOU JUST LOVE THE STATE OF ORIGIN TO GET THE JUICES FLOWING)

[img size=224]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/641_animatedgif5_2-65a5cf3b1c4b3b027e462c897cab3e42.gif

squidgie

post-3753-144598487213_thumb.gif

Should be a great comp guys and gals!!:woohoo: :woohoo:

I won't be fishing in it:( :( but hope to be there for the presentations !!:laugh: :laugh:

Dee's baby is due in the month of May:) and I've been told fishing is a no go:( :( for the month!!:laugh: :laugh:

But it will be good to see some QLD butt kicked :S :S :woohoo: :woohoo: seeing as you took out the last stae of origin in the footy !!:( :(

Cheers.:P :P :P :woohoo: :woohoo: :silly: :silly: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Brian D wrote:

If I book a cabin does anyone want to share the space

Brian,

What nights you going?

Ray, myself and the boys will be coming down, so far I only have a leave pass for saturday night from the missus. The boys and I will probably camp, but I reckon Ray would appreciate a bed!

If I can swing it from the missus I'll be trying for an extra night, but wont know until a day or two before, when she gets her final roster for the weekend (she is working casual).

If I camp I can book the extra night and it doesn't matter if I leave early, it'll only be 25 bucks blown.

Got chatting to a local. He is a member of the local chamber of commerse.

He was really interested in the fact that we chose there for a social/comp and offered his service.

He is a photographer and is will to take some pictures for us (free of charge)

Another way for AFO and NCF to get some free publicity.

Maxi has is details and will contact him again regarding our little comp.

campground is excellent with all facilities 1st class...

the onsite ramp is a bit steep at low tide but usable, the public ramp is only 2 mins away anyway...

we fished the river this morn with mixed results with surface lures...

the bait was as thick as on the top of tide with big trevally smashing them up and the chopper tailor having a feed as well..

the bream were abundant but not much size too them ...

prof (dusky) got skunted big time 4 mts from the boat by a big jack which we saw smash the sugarpen lure after prof said "there must be a big fish under that floating oyster rack" well yes there was a big jack under there and still is, but now has some new jewellery . :laugh: :laugh:

we had lunch at the pub bistro and definately gets my approval ... yummoo

fantastic to meet you, kate, sam and leslie shortie..

heres a couple of shots of the river etc [img size=712]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/bruns_011.jpg

maxi wrote:

where jack lives, prof was still hooked up here and i had just got the paddle in there and theres tried to stir him up but the big bugger was not having a bar of it ..:woohoo:

Some decky you are - should have been in the water!

I reckon this is a sly NSW trap fella's they were really there deploying lure eating snags around that set of drums - hoping all the QLD blokes will flog the spot and lose all there lures!

Just sent of my inquiry form, look for a powered camping spot for saturday and sunday nights. That way even if we do decide to go home sunday, we can pack up camp after lunch when the comp is finished!

Feral wrote:

maxi wrote:
where jack lives, prof was still hooked up here and i had just got the paddle in there and theres tried to stir him up but the big bugger was not having a bar of it ..:woohoo:

Some decky you are - should have been in the water!

I reckon this is a sly NSW trap fella's they were really there deploying lure eating snags around that set of drums - hoping all the QLD blokes will flog the spot and lose all there lures!

Just sent of my inquiry form, look for a powered camping spot for saturday and sunday nights. That way even if we do decide to go home sunday, we can pack up camp after lunch when the comp is finished!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: now thats a damm good idea feral..

Archived