State Of Origin Fishing Comp 2009!!!

Angus

[img size=223]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/stateoforigin_fishing.gif

Hey guys.

The date has been set for this event.

Date: 22nd to the 24th May.

Ill be sorting out all the details with Maxi over the next few days. (inclusding camping sites, hotel rooms etc).

Id love to see as many of you there as possible.

At this stage there will be 5 categories (allowing for a winning team no matter what!!).

* Longest Bream.

* Longest Flathead.

* Longest Jew.

* Longest Tailor.

* Longest Whiting.

All entries will be photo entry.

A nightly meet at the Brunswick Hotel will occur.

Prizes TBA.

Cheers!

Angus

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cool time to kick some qld butt ,,,, :laugh: :laugh: :P :P on the local turf ..:unsure: :unsure: :P :P

this should be a great friendly comp guys and girls

i will find out the camping and pubroom costs etc over the next day or 2 and let you know..

both campgrounds are within walking (stumbling) distance (nearly) of the pub...

great bistro with an awesome beer garden and outlook...

both campgrounds are on the water and hoping to secure a waterside option for headquarters on one of them... cross your fingers .. :laugh: :laugh:

some cabins should be available ....

be fantastic to meet some more of you anglers...

ohh yeah ... leave those cast nets at home...:laugh: :laugh:

cheers

Maxi

shortie wrote:

ellicat wrote:
Sounds a goer. :woohoo:

I plan on being there with the Force...B)

WOW is out of the shop. The only boat i know that gets less use than mine.

Not likely - I use mine all the time when I have it.....to store things in :laugh:

It's good to have the old girl back - been there since early December. Must admit I'm a bit nervous to venture far from shore at night just yet, but we'll see. Mud will probably be crowded tomorrow night if the forecast holds true.

bootyinblue wrote:

ellicat wrote:
Sounds a goer. :woohoo:

I plan on being there with the Force...B)

Ohh and here I was thinking it was an offer to fish with you :P :P :P

I will have to have a look and see if I can score the time off to so proudly support my home state....... NSW!

hope you do mate, NSW wont have a chance with you on board rofl!!!!!

I'll try and be there, If I can get time off from work (Shouldn't be hard being the boss n all);)

Would be good to catch up with yas andd kick some NSW butttt.:laugh:

Glenda & I will be down at Iluka next week, So I threw out a challenge to Maxi for a Prefish.:laugh: :woohoo:

hey guys ,

just spoken to the ferry reserve park at bruns... some water front camping sites are still available atm for our weekend of war ..:laugh: :laugh:

ive booked sites 139 and 142 which are powered sites for our headquaters...

some areas are available for leaving the boats in over nights but the ramp is on site anyway.... there is a designated area for trailer parking next to site 160.... no problems with trailer parking for those who wish to pull there boats out nightly...

main ferry reserve park site ....

/>http://www.ferryreserve.com.au/?D=27

u can download a map of site in pdf file here also so you can understand what im saying here ..... very reasonable rates with options for late departures etc....

they know what were up to, so just tell them your from AFO and coming down to nsw to get flogged in a fishing comp and they will understand ..:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :woohoo: :woohoo: :P :P

cheers guys and gals

Maxi

kewl i looked at the 3 caravan parks on the river last night there all same par and look like good parks .

i guess we are booking in there for our own camps?

then the comp is a separate thing?

which will be good thing cause u can take the family they can have a little holiday and u can do the comp.

best of both worlds :)

tomca wrote:

It just so happens the leader of the opposition said on my return from Hinze that we should go camping.....I'll just leave out the state of origin bit.

Youz reckon I'll get away with it?

Hahaha. I reckon try it out.

"Oh honey, look at this, there are like 40 guys I happen to know from AFO here, what a pleasent surprise" :P

You think she will be on to you?

Angus

shortie wrote:

and remember yo need a license for NSW.

I will be there

I got my annual license last weekend. Lets do this. I'm on the NSW crew. Born there, but grew up Gold Coast.... so I'm confused. :laugh:

Don't suppose we can make it 29th - 31st MAY? Then it falls on my B'day (30th May).

Not that it will help my fishing at all..... but I can get alot more FREE beers out of you guys for it. :woohoo:

Nah didn't think so. :laugh:

noname wrote:

thinking bout this 1, sounds like fun. friendly comp my arse,lol. expect sabotage and foul play from me if i get down there.:P

OH yeah, I love a bit of a stir up. I think I better sign up and sort acconadation.

I'll try and book a cabin so if anyone wants a bed or share accom let me know.

Alternatively, if you have a cabin and have room for a Blues suppoter to snore let me know and I'll throw a few $$$ in to half the costs.

Did you know the bream down there are Blue?

Brian D wrote:

noname wrote:
thinking bout this 1, sounds like fun. friendly comp my arse,lol. expect sabotage and foul play from me if i get down there.:P

OH yeah, I love a bit of a stir up. I think I better sign up and sort acconadation.

Alternatively, if you have a cabin and have room for a Blues suppoter to snore let me know and I'll throw a few $$$ in to half the costs.

It does not look like there are any cabins available on the required dates. Anyone have a spare bed? I hate tents!

Brian D wrote:

Brian D wrote:
noname wrote:

It does not look like there are any cabins available on the required dates. Anyone have a spare bed? I hate tents!

Hate Tents your SOFT. YOu had better join the NSW team.

Brian D wrote:

noname wrote:

Make sure you check the rooms in the Brunswick Hotel out as well. Meters from the action and cheap :)

Angus

shortie wrote:

Brian D wrote:
Brian D wrote:
noname wrote:

Hate Tents your SOFT. YOu had better join the NSW team.

This sounds like you are volunteering to erect and pack up my tent. Gezz thanks Shortie. While you are doing that can you follow me home to unpack the car and boat with all the camping crap! .....emmm Hotel room sounds good.

Archived