State Of Origin Fishing Comp 2009!!!

Angus

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Davo_Dinkum wrote:

don't sleep near me i snore cough splutter stop breathing and make weird noises when i sleep

I used to do that as well, then the missus bullied me in to one of those CPAP machines, so I bought the noisiest one with all the lights on it. Lights the room up like a christmas tree, and makes lots of whooshing noises! :evil:

So now she sleeps with hearing plugs and a night mask now! She never made a complaint about the machine though! Dont think she is game after pushing me in to it, and the $1500 it cost!

And no I dont snore anymore, still sleep like a baby, just like before, but I dont get kicked now :)

i think there is still spots left

i had 3 spots i was inquiring about

rang them this morning i'm site 160 up the end like shortie said with a late leave sunday. :) 66 a day not bad for 2 adults and 6 kids.

not takeing the oldest girl she is a teen (never happy).could change to 5 kids see how the oldest boy goes ,another teen. :blink: or could change to 7 kids never can tell with these teens :unsure:

we mite even go a extra day before (thursday)

anyways this is going to be good .now i just need a decky that knows how to fish to lures so i can catch something :laugh:

Angus wrote:

[img size=223]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/stateoforigin_fishing.gif

Hey guys.

The date has been set for this event.

Date: 22nd to the 24th May.

Ill be sorting out all the details with Maxi over the next few days. (inclusding camping sites, hotel rooms etc).

Id love to see as many of you there as possible.

At this stage there will be 5 categories (allowing for a winning team no matter what!!).

* Longest Bream.

* Longest Flathead.

* Longest Jew.

* Longest Tailor.

* Longest Whiting.

All entries will be photo entry.

A nightly meet at the Brunswick Hotel will occur.

Prizes TBA.

Cheers!

Angus

At this stage Johnny and I, Tanya and Becky will either grab a waterfront camping site or 2 or the last cabin. There is one left if someone wants to jump in first :P

Maxi: Mate ill sort out my own space as ill have 4 people with me. Cheers mate.

Was originally going to stay with friends but thought id prefer to be in the thick of it :P

Angus

Feral wrote:

Brian D wrote:
If I book a cabin does anyone want to share the space

Brian,

What nights you going?

Ray, myself and the boys will be coming down, so far I only have a leave pass for saturday night from the missus. The boys and I will probably camp, but I reckon Ray would appreciate a bed!

If I can swing it from the missus I'll be trying for an extra night, but wont know until a day or two before, when she gets her final roster for the weekend (she is working casual).

If I camp I can book the extra night and it doesn't matter if I leave early, it'll only be 25 bucks blown.

I spoke with Ray by phone while he's in China - sorry Ray about the extra charges ray I didn't realise. Anyway he has asked me to save him a bed in the cabin, Will do Ray, no worries, there's always a bed for you at my place. :kiss:

Problem - now wifie say she wants to come again. arrrrrrrr :blink:

Answer - do what Shortie did and go down for a prefish this weekend, take wifie and so she won't want to follow me down for the comp.B)

Risk - what if she has a good time:blush:

Lozza - we are in the cabin next door to you.

Brian D wrote:

Feral wrote:
Brian D wrote:
If I book a cabin does anyone want to share the space

Brian,

What nights you going?

Ray, myself and the boys will be coming down, so far I only have a leave pass for saturday night from the missus. The boys and I will probably camp, but I reckon Ray would appreciate a bed!

If I can swing it from the missus I'll be trying for an extra night, but wont know until a day or two before, when she gets her final roster for the weekend (she is working casual).

If I camp I can book the extra night and it doesn't matter if I leave early, it'll only be 25 bucks blown.

I spoke with Ray by phone while he's in China - sorry Ray about the extra charges ray I didn't realise. Anyway he has asked me to save him a bed in the cabin, Will do Ray, no worries, there's always a bed for you at my place. :kiss:

Problem - now wifie say she wants to come again. arrrrrrrr :blink:

Answer - do what Shortie did and go down for a prefish this weekend, take wifie and so she won't want to follow me down for the comp.B)

Risk - what if she has a good time:blush:

Lozza - we are in the cabin next door to you.

just take her mate. it might just keep mine amused so i can party.

What time is the comp starting and finsihing?

I need to know as this will determine whether I travel down there Thursday or Friday and whether I book return home Sunday or Monday.

I mean if we can't start fishing until 11.00am there will be no need to travel down on Thursday and if the comp finishes at 2pm and teh preso is at 3pm I won't need to stay Sunday night.

I am paying for accom this weekend so please confirm.

Good oh!

I've got an order in with Mo tackle for a new teeny weeny spinning reel for those teeny weenie lures you use for catching shark bait (bream), as a bonus I won the lure pack of the day, (they have a draw for people who place an order each day) which is another $50 worth of lures!

I'll finally be able to use all those lures I got myself for christmas from Zimman!

This is the directions to the Ferry Reserve Campsites.

Make sure you know which one you are staying at as there are 3 seperate camp sites with facilities on the river.

Directions to Ferry Reserve Holiday Park

Coming form North

Take the Billinudgel/Ocean Shores Exit (Brunswick Valley Way)

Continue along Brunswick Valley Way, Go through 2 Roundabouts,

Go Over the Brunswick River Bridge

Turn Right at Roundabout go under Overpass

Straight through Next Roundabout then right turn into Ferry Reserve

Coming From South

Take Ocean Shores Exit (do not take Brunswick Heads Exit)

Left at Roundabout then right turn into Ferry Reserve

Cheers.

Angus

Brian D wrote:

How's this for accom when the pub is full and teh caravan park is full. A man has to stay somewhere

/>http://www.stayz.com.au/55275

Mate New Brighton is where out honeymoon was.

Very nice on that River except, its a big fat green zone. SO it would be tough staying there not being bale to cast off the back deck :P

WE were staying on the beach which you can fish :)

Awesome spot.

Angus

seeing as i cant be 100% shure i can go till closer to the event, i'm thinking all the campsites will probably be booked out by the time i'll know. so i think i'll pray for great weather anchor up mid river and roll the sleeping bag out and see if i can pay the caravan park for use of a shower.

Archived