Who Else Likes Fishing And Drinking ?

dattofan

:laughHi Guys ,names Alan(dattofan)loves to go fishing and spend the twilight hours fishing and drinking beer at the same time (dont care if i dont catch anything)its just all good fun having a drink and fishing at the same time as long as i dont have no where to go.i got no commitments apart from my mother who is elderly who i would do any thing for apart for d-driving ,once i go fishing thats what i do ,get PSSD and go fishing ,do an all nighter and have so much fun doing it ,i dont care if i catch nothing even a big cattie gets my rocks off.which it shouldn't,any one do the same,hope this doesnt get banned .I DONT CONDONE DRIVING WHILST INTOXICATED.

there should be a drinking while posting limit on this forum!

to all you piss heads! stop and take a min to remember this is a family fishing website not a alchahole appriciation group!

fishing and drinking do sometimes go hand in hand but everyone doesnt need to know about it! (go to the pub and talk to other pissheads)

this is not directed at you Alan! just sick of reading about morepiss morepiss and alchaholics of late!

cheers Ian

rumrunner wrote:

there should be a drinking while posting limit on this forum!

to all you piss heads! stop and take a min to remember this is a family fishing website not a alchahole appriciation group!

fishing and drinking do sometimes go hand in hand but everyone doesnt need to know about it! (go to the pub and talk to other pissheads)

this is not directed at you Alan! just sick of reading about morepiss morepiss and alchaholics of late!

cheers Ian

Here Here!

I tried drinkin beer and fishin as I was not in charge of the boat the other week when I went out on dave Donalds boat in weipa. I must say that I thought it was over rated as my beer kept getting hot as there was hardly a minute when there wasn't a big ass fish on the rod peelin line at a blistering speed :woohoo:

weipa_gt_afo.jpg

rumrunner wrote:

stop and take a min to remember this is a family fishing website not a alchahole appriciation group!

fishing and drinking do sometimes go hand in hand but everyone doesnt need to know about it!

this is not directed at you Alan!

cheers Ian

I'm one of these of which you speak.

I do agree it is a family website and I'll pull my head in and leave it to pm's

Cheers

Mal

AZZA wrote:

I tried drinkin beer and fishin as I was not in charge of the boat the other week when I went out on dave Donalds boat in weipa. I must say that I thought it was over rated as my beer kept getting hot as there was hardly a minute when there wasn't a big ass fish on the rod peelin line at a blistering speed :woohoo:

weipa_gt_afo.jpg

Did I miss this report ? SOunds like it would be/is a good one :woohoo: That place is named for what you turn into when you have to leave :laugh:

well I am going to condradict my avatar (thats a 750 ml bottle and the only one I had on that fishing outing).

I find that hooks,treacherous waves, bottles, slippery rock ledges, poor vision + me + alcohol = accident waiting to happen.

I have a few around the camp fire or when I am back home, nice and close to the sweet refuge of a bed :P.

Dan

Rum-running is the business of smuggling or transporting of alcoholic beverages or any other illegal drinks; illegally, usually to circumvent taxation or prohibition. The term usually applies to transport of goods over water, over land it is commonly referred to as bootlegging.

It's also the name of a boat....

ellicat wrote:

AZZA wrote:

weipa_gt_afo.jpg

Did I miss this report ? SOunds like it would be/is a good one :woohoo: That place is named for what you turn into when you have to leave :laugh:

Didn't do a report as I was too busy (slack) movin house and now it would seem that the photos have gone dodgey on the camera along with a heap of work ones. Oh well I will just need to go up there about 18 more times in the next 18 months :woohoo: B) :woohoo:

I am a fan of drinking and fishing

Nothing beats trekkng through the bush, lure fishing for bass in hot and humid conditions! Stop to take a quick break beside fast flowing water and knocking down an ice cold can of solo, talk about thirst quenching!! Sunkist comes a close second lol

some people on this site need to relax ay.....its annoying reading forums of late that just seem to deteriorate because of the comments of one or two "upstanding members of the site." relax just cos u dont like it doesnt mean its wrong!

i personally enjoy nothing more than a couple of bikini clad ladies bringing me pina coladas whilst having a fish on my 30 footer with mates.......but away from my dreams catfish and beer will do just fine :P

zan0_15 wrote:

some people on this site need to relax ay.....its annoying reading forums of late that just seem to deteriorate because of the comments of one or two "upstanding members of the site." relax just cos u dont like it doesnt mean its wrong!

i personally enjoy nothing more than a couple of bikini clad ladies bringing me pina coladas whilst having a fish on my 30 footer with mates.......but away from my dreams catfish and beer will do just fine :P

Exactly!

AZZA wrote:

ellicat wrote:
AZZA wrote:

weipa_gt_afo.jpg

Didn't do a report as I was too busy (slack) movin house and now it would seem that the photos have gone dodgey on the camera along with a heap of work ones. Oh well I will just need to go up there about 18 more times in the next 18 months :woohoo: B) :woohoo:

Sod off Azza, ya lucky pr!ck :P :laugh:

Certainly sounds like an effort where a drink would go down well afterwards though !

I'm Guilty of enjoying a beer when fishing when I can ;)

However if in my boat or I need to drive my car or another boat I refrain from temptation and employ sober habits :) I have been a bad boy when no responsibility is needed hey we are human lol but I keep this to my self well try too

I think Rummy's comments come from pll who brag of their drinking more than their fishing :blink:

He has a point in that regard ;) with so many younger members on this forum these type of posts will only encourage the same to follow suit thinking this is what they need to do to be cool :blush:

Last thing I've know Rummy for over 2 yrs and never seen him intoxicated his user name is like already stated taken from the model of his boat ;)

Cheers Gaz

ps this is not a personal attack on any one just on the style of post ;)

zan0_15 wrote:

the last month or so has been ridiculous, every thread's full of "long upstanding members" crapping on about insignificant details. iv only been reading the forums for a few months, so my opinion probablys means zip.

but long upstanding members wont have much to be so high and mighty about when these forums are dead quiet.

i say take your politics and piss off, if a bloke wants to enjoy a beer while having a fish there's no harm in it.

rumrunner wrote:

just sick of reading about morepiss morepiss and alchaholics of late!

im probably not wrong in saying you're talking about the trip to the pin some of the members had, if you dont like reading their about their "pisshead" adventures, dont read the thread.

sorry for the rant, but i think this is a fantastic forum, and angus and all who help keep it running have earnt a couple of beers ;), and id hate to see it go belly up because of a few "long upstanding members" getting their knickers in a twist over a few blokes having a good time.

Yep, let's move on from Ian's post now....back to the topic.

Regarding some of the grievances - at the bottom RHS of each post is the "Report to moderator" button. If you are reading something that offends you then please click on it.

Better to do that than to get cranky and have a spit. :)

Must admit to getting a bit tired of the mp mp comments in every other post too,, but I am a prude :laugh:

Archived