Pin Flathead Mission - 5th August 2007

Angus

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have a 27meg radio that ive never used is there a particular channel we can use to comunicate

Master Sardines wrote:

Do the skippers have a vhf radio onboard for some radio contact? I'm thinking were going to head out from Jacobs well ramp a bit early. Lucky for me my old mum lives at Beenleigh,so we'll be staying the:pinch: re the night. :pinch:

i have no idea how to use this contraption so advice is very welcome

Post edited by: faulked, at: 2007/07/31 06:36

i didnt think there was any other time to fish other than dawn :whistle: is it the pin area to head for ive never fished the area and have been looking on google earth for any interesting features do we just head for the pin and meet there or is there a time to meet early ish to follow some one who knows where they are going . also did i buy the wrong radio with my cheapie 27meg should i have bought something different it is a marine radio:(

faulked wrote:

i didnt think there was any other time to fish other than dawn :whistle: is it the pin area to head for ive never fished the area and have been looking on google earth for any interesting features do we just head for the pin and meet there or is there a time to meet early ish to follow some one who knows where they are going . also did i buy the wrong radio with my cheapie 27meg should i have bought something different it is a marine radio:(

27Mhz is fine. You probably saved yourself a hundred bucks not having to get a licence that you are required to have to operate a VHF. I've got a cheap 27 that is more than adequate for the areas I travel.

Can I suggest that those who have a 27 tune into channel 82 for the day. I don't think that's a commonly used channel in the area (but I could be wrong).

Angus, What do you mean by \"head over\" ? Is it intended we all will fish in the same spot ?

ellicat wrote:

faulked wrote:

27Mhz is fine. You probably saved yourself a hundred bucks not having to get a licence that you are required to have to operate a VHF. I've got a cheap 27 that is more than adequate for the areas I travel.

Can I suggest that those who have a 27 tune into channel 82 for the day. I don't think that's a commonly used channel in the area (but I could be wrong).

Angus, What do you mean by \"head over\" ? Is it intended we all will fish in the same spot ?

Ellicat your right i guess. We will all be fishing different spots.

Oh well i guess ill see who i see.

Angus

jeff f wrote:

bottle of o.p. and it's wake up on the floor with no pillow

Bottle of OP and its wake up outside with no nothing (including eyebrows)!!

I am launching from Jacobs Well fairly early, so is there an official starting point and finishing point and times for the BBQ atleast?

Sardines and Chubbs, Can you PM or post with your launch times from the Well. Just so I can get a headstart hey Sards, cause you would hate to have to wait for a sloooow boat!!

chippee wrote:

if you want to catch flatties in the pin area i will garantee to beat any of you willing

Now thats a bold statement from a new player. Chippee, does that mean you will be there sunday?

BBQ - Yea I think about a midday BBQ perhaps and then those with more petrol, bait and energy can head out again.

chippee wrote:

if you want to catch flatties in the pin area i will garantee to beat any of you willing

Chippee: Well done. But its not a comp.

Booty, sounds pretty good mate. What about more like 1 ish.....

WE should try and set something in stone sooner rather than later.

Angus

i new player on afo but fishing my freind i am not new at, we catch five flatties there in 20 mins near the pin then head home , using plastics it is all in the colour not the brand, also i would like to figure out how to start a new post please

chippee wrote:

i new player on afo but fishing my freind i am not new at, we catch five flatties there in 20 mins near the pin then head home , using plastics it is all in the colour not the brand, also i would like to figure out how to start a new post please

you sound pretty good mate why dont you come down on sunday and show us how its done mate:P

Mate the detals are all throughout this very post.

To sum it up though, people are launching at all diferent times of the morning. I myself am launching at 9:00am at Cabbage Tree. We are still working out a good time to meet up for a BBQ so stay tuned.

Angus

chippee wrote:

i new player on afo but fishing my freind i am not new at, we catch five flatties there in 20 mins near the pin then head home , using plastics it is all in the colour not the brand,

So me not being a smarty pants and fairly new to fishing, I'm going to ask you what do you think the best colour is? :whistle:

chippee wrote:

wise man once said respect is earnt not demanded! seeing is believing my friend so why not come down and show us and maybe teach some people on how to do it at the same time as i think this is realy what these trips are about

Booty I doubt I'll be going, I've been offered a bed on an overnight trip, hunting big Snapper and Jew.:woohoo:

It's an offer to hard to pass up. Leave Saturday arvo be back Sunday Morning, Depending how early I'm back I may shot down to Jacob's and see whats about :P

Wonna see heaps of pics of the action guys. I know I'll be taking some.

Good luck

chippee wrote:

A picture speaks a 1000 words!;) Let's get some great photos this week end.

I like how Kriso expressed it - Don't be afraid to share you tips - we are about having fun as a group.

Here's the problem with the BBQ, Jacobs is further south from Cabbage. How do we get everyone together? 1pm sounds good to me but where?

I have a uhf radio but not a 27meg.

Mojo(the deckie) and I will be launching at 6am from Jacobs Well.

Any chance someone has some sort of portable BBQ so we could pull up on one of the Islands near the pin.

This would be heaps easier than travelling back to one of the ramps espically with having to park 5 or more boats.

polyphonic wrote:

Any chance someone has some sort of portable BBQ so we could pull up on one of the Islands near the pin.

This would be heaps easier than travelling back to one of the ramps espically with having to park 5 or more boats.

Sensational idea as plenty of room along the sand on South Straddie...

Over to you Angus.

ellicat wrote:

Sounds like a good idea except for the person who has to lunk the bbq and gas and food etc around all day:pinch:

Well everyone should have there own food and if we could find a small camp cooker and small gas bottle we might be able to split them onto a couple of boats.:woohoo:

Might be awkard but so will parking a heap of boats at one ramp.:(

Just an idea.;)

Archived