lowlife thieving scum

jeff f

went down to the port tonight for a fish

stopped at the servo near the ramp to fuel the boat up

while i was in the shop paying for my fuel some scumbag has stolen my tackle bag out of the boat

didnt notice it was missing till i anchored up and went to rig my rod...no tackle

now this happened at 10:30pm and there were only 2 other vehicles at the servo

called the servo ,yes they have cctv but only the managers have access to the tapes and none of them are available till monday

called police link and spent over an hour on the phone lodging a complaint and making a statement then i headed home

got halfway along the logan motorway and get stuck for an hour behing a horrendous accident(looked fatal) there were bits of a 3 ton work truck and all the cabinets and toolboxes spread all over the road and another car had piled into the debris.

what a night

now i have to sit down and list everything that was in the tacklebag for the police

any one who has fished with me knows how big that bag is and how much stuff i cart around in it

a large tray full of bait fishing terminal tackle

2 large trays of barra and jack size lures

5 medium trays of bream size lures

(all trays loaded up with at least 3 or 4 lures per slot)

1 small tray of tiny plastics

a large plastics wallet packed full

10 loose packets of plastics unopened

medium tray of jig heads (chock full,hundreds of them)

5 spools of fluro leader

3 spools of monno leader

shimano plier/sidecutter set

crimping pliers

small box of crimps

4 rolls of trace wire

alvey fold out measuring stick

shimano bragg mat

2 knives

floats

bait jigs

torch

braid snips

and more as i remember it, the police want each and every lure listed by brand ,model and colour

god i am so angry i feel sick

That really sucks mate :( I leave my boat unattended at the ramp every time while I walk to get the trailer...... would be devastated to come back and find someone has helped themselves to my gear. I really hope you catch those bastards, hopefully they work near there and are regular visitors to the servo.......once identified I'm sure a lot of afo members would like to meet them :cheer:

Absolute scums mate. I feel your pain. I got robbed about 3 weeks ago and it hurts to have all your tackle stolen. I have insurance but not worth lodging a claim due to several factors.

Anyways, mate follow it up and ask them if you can have a print out of the CCTV pic of the thief. if you fish the area regularly you might just see him around again as he could be working at the port? Or maybe if he is a regular, the staff at the servo might know him.

Maybe you could ask to have the pic put up on the servo window... was this at the BP servo that is near there?

Absolute scums mate. I feel your pain. I got robbed about 3 weeks ago and it hurts to have all your tackle stolen. I have insurance but not worth lodging a claim due to several factors.

Anyways, mate follow it up and ask them if you can have a print out of the CCTV pic of the thief. if you fish the area regularly you might just see him around again as he could be working at the port? Or maybe if he is a regular, the staff at the servo might know him.

Maybe you could ask to have the pic put up on the servo window... was this at the BP servo that is near there?

tai it was the caltex at the port near the ramp

I experienced the same thing one day heading out to go fishing, was not stolen from a boat but from the 4WD...getting some bait and gear from the place stopped at. When I headed back to the 4WD seen couple blokes hanging around the 4WD....one of them had my tackle box in his hands as he continued to look. When I got up to them they put on a show and told me to have sex and travel....When I left the last I seen one of them was still picking himself off the ground with some claret dispersing from his face and the other bloke mate last i seen he was tail gaiting down the track left his mate there. Guess them years of ARMY training had to come in handy for something.....have no time for thieving bastards...

Hope you catch the bastaards

I know there is nothing good about being knocked off at all, but it couldnt have happened at a better place as servos have pretty good cameras and footage. They probably didnt think at the time that they rego would have been captured and shouldnt be too hard to lean on the owner of the car to ID his passangers before he goes down for it too.

I know the feeling mate my tackle box got stolen from fingal heads last year. We were too busy fishing didnt realise until going home.

What time was this at port.

Was that you at 3.30 am at caltex with center console with 30 yamaha at the back. I saw some one wearing a afo shirt there. Was going to say hello but you were on phone

Shane

I know the feeling mate my tackle box got stolen from fingal heads last year. We were too busy fishing didnt realise until going home.

What time was this at port.

Was that you at 3.30 am at caltex with center console with 30 yamaha at the back. I saw some one wearing a afo shirt there. Was going to say hello but you were on phone

Shane

yeah shane that was me, i was still on the phone to the police

Bugger!, Jeff.

....but to take a different angle -

I reckon Good Riddance to the bl@@dy thing ! I'm sure all the skippers you have deckied with will breathe a sigh of relief to hear it has gone :P:lol: It weighed a tonne and was potentially hazardous if it shifted in a decent swell.

I'm waiting to see how much the great members donate before I risk any giving...we don't want the same amount of tackle just in a different bag now do we :lol::lol:

Archived