AFO - Flathead Social - September 23rd - Broadwater/Pin.

Bri The Pom

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

post-662-144598852517_thumb.jpg

Hi Guys n Girls

Please find attached a photo of the meeting point for the flattie social. The ramp is the one just past seaworld as your heading towards the spit on the gold coast. If you have a gps it's off Seaworld Drive Southport.Meeting Time will be 5.30 to 6.00 am, Kelvin and I will be there from 5am and hang around till 6.30 for any late arrivals. As you can see there is plenty of beach so if you want to get your boat in first or those travelling by boat can anchor there for a while. We will meet back roughly the same place at 1.30 ish, We will have a small bbq going with snags and bread and cold soft drinks, these will be ready so you can eat,drink and chat whilst we check photo's to determine the winners.We will then follow with prizes and photos, this position you can get boats on to trailers and keep an eye on them.

Please ensure you have a brag matt or ruler or sticker and photo's must be clear and measurement and full fish must be clearly visible in the photo with the identification object. Kelvin and I will be checking all photos, so to be fair to everyone check your photo before returning your 90cm + flattie.

We will post any more info as it comes in.

Cheers

Just re-read through this thread and looks like 33 competitors so far which is great. If anyone can no longer make it can they please advise at some stage as I'll be grabbing the BBQ stuff late next week. Obviously there is still time for new entrants also, so come and join in the fun. Sounds like Bri has amassed a great array of prizes.

If anyone arrives after 6:30 and myself and Bri are no longer at the ramp feel free to phone us. My number is 0411619837. I seemed to have lost Bri's number when I changed phones after wetting my old one on the last Blakesley's weekend so will let Bri put his number up.

Does anyone have a 3 x 3m pop up marquee they could bring? Also, I noticed a few were after decky spots so if anyone has a spare spot please post here when they can.

Just re-read through this thread and looks like 33 competitors so far which is great. If anyone can no longer make it can they please advise at some stage as I'll be grabbing the BBQ stuff late next week. Obviously there is still time for new entrants also, so come and join in the fun. Sounds like Bri has amassed a great array of prizes.

If anyone arrives after 6:30 and myself and Bri are no longer at the ramp feel free to phone us. My number is 0411619837. I seemed to have lost Bri's number when I changed phones after wetting my old one on the last Blakesley's weekend so will let Bri put his number up.

Does anyone have a 3 x 3m pop up marquee they could bring? Also, I noticed a few were after decky spots so if anyone has a spare spot please post here when they can.

My mobile number is 0402 914119

I'm only new to the forum and catching flathead and the area.. lol So please don't expect a lot from me but I would like to enter a boat in.

Cheers!

That's Ok mate, the worse you are the better. Bri and I have already rigged it so that I win, but your $10 would be much appreciated ........ Just jokes. Welcome aboard and looking forward to seeing you there. I wouldn't fear too much - I think quite a few attending will be largely foreign to fishing the area so we might all be following Bri around ......

Arrived home last night to find a parcel on the bench top, opened it up to find it was from Spotters, They have donated a pair of polarised sunnies :woohoo: ,caps socke etc etc,So very pleased to announce that someone will be going home with a pair of spotters, as well as thready buster lures,bags of soft plastics including damiki's and I have more to collect this week, so the prizes are looking generous and then there's the cash on top.

More updates to follow.

Cheers.

Bri

Roster is out and I am in like Flynn.

Bri - Apart from 3x3 shelter, is there anything else you need bought down on the day in case you are camping and dont want to lug stuff around all weekend?

Thanks for the offer, I have everything else ready its just the shelter really for a bit of shade for the bbq and the table.

We won't actually need it till lunch time so i can keep it safe in my car or keep it my boat.I'll grab it off you in the morning.

Cheers

Bri.

Arrived home last night to find a parcel on the bench top, opened it up to find it was from Spotters, They have donated a pair of polarised sunnies :woohoo: ,caps socke etc etc,So very pleased to announce that someone will be going home with a pair of spotters, as well as thready buster lures,bags of soft plastics including damiki's and I have more to collect this week, so the prizes are looking generous and then there's the cash on top.

More updates to follow.

Cheers.

Bri

post-662-144598855058_thumb.jpg

This will be the main prize for the raffle. A pair of spotters polarised sunnies and spotters sun visor probably valued at around 150 - 200 bucks.

Every Adult competitor will pay $10 entry, this will divided for mainly prizes,bbq and afo contribution as any other social. You will be allocated a number, that same number will be on a raffle ticket that will go in to a hat.An idea that was sparked from recent finnancial posts is that an extra raffle ticket can be purchased for $5 each and the extra money raised will go directly to afo along with there % of entry money.

As a second prize we have sunnies kindly donated from Ezy ;) and we also have a obsession brag matt, But we may have other ideas for that.

So open to comments, either leave it so every paying angler has the same chance of winning or try and raise a little more for afo.

Maybe limit one extra ticket per angler.

Majority or common sense wins.

Archived