Winning trip but killed with a Stolen Rod.

JarrydA

So Ted, Myself and the kids headed out on Saturday for a fish and to hopefully enter something in the MBC.

Launched at Viccy point around 8am and headed out to Dunwich to hopefully snag a trev to enter in the comp.

Lot long after, i hooked one, my only one, and the winning one :lol:

post-10420-144598857547_thumb.jpg

A little later Declan also hooked one a little bit smaller..

At this stage ted still hadn't even had a chance to wet a line in between drive the boat and rigging the kids up.. and as it was pretty quiet we decided to head out near the bar and find some tuna.

Well, we found them, only problem being they didnt want a bar of anything we were throwing.

The bait was definately there, and all the species were showing up, BIG longies, Macs, Bonito, Dolphins and Eagle Rays even showed up giving us some awesome shows on the top of the water flapping their wings :woohoo:

The skipjacks are back in town too, ted did manage to hook one until the biggest dolphin ive ever seen grabbed it and gave us an aerial display with it in its mouth. When i say big this thing was at least 9ft long!!! I also managed a couple of bonito too, declan also got a watsons leaping bonito but it managed to escape through a hole in the net which we still arent quite sure how it got there.

After this we decided to go for lunch at Little Ships, for what would end up being a $600+ meal.

Whilst we were tied up to the jetty eating lunch no more than 20m away teds Nordic Stage Sharpshooter and Stradic 1000FJ combo were stolen from the boat, The rod wasnt in the easiest accessable spot either compared to some other combos so it seems it was a person that knows what nordic stage is. So if anyone hears of a person "Aquiring" a new Nordic combo in the near future please let myself or Ted know as i would Reeeeeealy like to have a chat!!! :angry:

With ted still on his Donut and dissapointed we decided to move again and found some nice shallows in which he managed to hook a nice dart first cast.

Declan then got into his first longtom :cheer:

post-10420-144598857561_thumb.jpg

After this we hit a few more reefs for not much else.

Headed home broken and disheartened. Low life scum leaching off other peoples hard work yet again.

Thanks for reading and please don't hesitate to contact us with any info.

Was an interesting day out. The Tuna did not want to play. I managed a hit from three. Only one hooked up and to have a bloody Dolphin jump up around the boat with it in its mouth.

Sucked major about the Rod. i thought it would be safe at the private pontoon at Little Ships. It could only be one boat and two Jetskis that could have taken it.

Looks like a day of bait/livey collection :whistle:

No disrespect meant but some of those would be exciting to put down at tugger Rock. :woohoo:

If Ted had a jucy plastic still rigged on the Nordic then maybe a bird flew off with it; they were pretty active yesterday. :unsure: :silly:

....or maybe an obsessive painter saw the Stradic and had to take it so he could put the top coat on :P:lol::lol:

Luckily Ted won the last ReelTackle promo and scored himself a new Nordic Stage Sharpshooter.

He is probably also lucky I still had it here as it may have been stolen as well but he managed to drop over and grab it today,just a damn shame he has to buy another expensive reel because of some low life dog.

Lets hope some camera footage turns up and reveals who this scumbag is.

Luckily Ted won the last ReelTackle promo and scored himself a new Nordic Stage Sharpshooter.

He is probably also lucky I still had it here as it may have been stolen as well but he managed to drop over and grab it today,just a damn shame he has to buy another expensive reel because of some low life dog.

Lets hope some camera footage turns up and reveals who this scumbag is.

Im lucky i dont trust rod holders and my nordic was in the gunnel out of sight. I also had my brand new P21 rod and brand new stradic 3000 more accessable than the nordic and it stayed put too.

Sorry to hear that your nordic got knocked off mate. I always see blokes having alook at my gear when I pull up to the boat ramps when I go to grab the car. I pulled up at the jetty at the broadwater while Keen_as went to grab some food and this bloke was looking threw my boat while I was still in it. Told him to mind his own business.

Hope you find out who it is but thats a long shot. Will keep a ear out for ya.

Cheers

Matt

Archived