North Pine dam Sat 22/9

Aaron H

Well yesterday morning I was bored, missus was getting her hair done and gave me instructions that it would be nice if I cleaned up the house a bit. Screw that, I packed up the last of my shrimp and some lures and was heading North side, still undecided where I was going Brian rang as I was on the gateway and said NP dam so I thought sweet I would drive straight there. I had an ulterior motive to getting there early as my last two trips I had been beaten to my fave spot by an asian family (I also wanted to get a couple of fish early to photo message Brian before he got there;) ). Anyway I get there the spots free, it was humid as hell and a bit of rain was building up. Action was constant at the start and I had landed 3 fish before Brian got there one on slug a nice one probably just over 40cm which quickly got sent by phone to Brian :evil: and a couple on shrimp.

As I am fighting fish number 3 the phone rings its Brian, I quickly tell him not now I'm onto a fish, and I reckon u could of heard the swearing from Brissy. Next thing I know Brian is sprinting over the hill. The quickest I have ever seen anyone make it to the spot as its a fair walk took him a while to catch his breath though.

Action quietened down when Brian got there (I will put it down to the rain front coming over from the mountains and not Brian)

Brian hooked up to something huge on a big gold spoon which if anyone knows about trolling for trout looked like a ford fender. Big lure = big fish but murphys law intervened and the fish spat the hook. A few more where caught on bait (including on that went 46 cm caught by me) and we got soaked but it was an enjoyable day, until about 3:00 the family that I spoke about earlier arrived. I saw them coming over the hill and grabbed a couple of Brians rods to spread out over the bank but it was to no avail, they pulled up next to us and threw there rods around us despite our comments. That ruined it and we stayed there a little bit longer (out of spite more than anything did not want to be pushed out of our spot) but it was getting to the point where we were just getting annoyed and angry and I did not want to ring the missus to bail me out of jail for beating someone up over a fishing spot so we left. Two weeks ago I reported them to Fisheries for undersize and keeping a lot more than there bag limits, as we were leaving I rang fisheries again but I really think it is to no avail.

Sorry about the long report but it really pissed me off. The same thing happend over at Macgavins view and thats how I found this spot, as the ranger told me about it to keep me away from them.

Anyway here is some pics from my phone

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/22092007.jpg

The picture that got Brian sprinting

post-266-144598427486_thumb.jpg

Yeah well as Aaron say that sucked. I mean they didn't set up camp near us but actually between us. Rude is the only way I could describe the event.

Anyway typically deckie cleans up again (even without the boat) and as you see scored one. Aaron on the other hand was kept pretty busy.

IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff318/brikaz/P9220030AFO.jpg

He's hoping it was going to get to 50 but not his time.

P9220033AFO.jpg

he can catch fish this guy

P9220032AFO.jpg

He was pretty happy until the rude invasion. You know what I was going to say Asian Invasion but I have meet some great Asian people, infact there are some top Asians on this site. I think these people are just jerks and would be jerks no matter what their breeding. I know I didn't bring my 4 kids up to be like that, nor did my asian friends.

P9220030AFO.jpg

See the stick holding up Aarons rod - these people put a rod each side of his. See the dirt where aaron is standing , that's where these people set up camp. I have never experienced anything like it.

See the storm in the back ground - yeap we got flogged

The most frustrating thing is there is nothing we can do about it, You can make all the comments in the world even tell them to piss off but they pretend they could not understand. Can't get physical (five years ago when I was a bit more hotheaded could have been on the cards damn maturity) or bootys mates wouldn't be happy, now I'm getting frustrated just thinking about it, might go back to Forgans now the weather is warming up :angry:

I'm off to tackleworld to buy some lures and calm down

I'm off to tackleworld to buy some lures and calm down

Yeap you need therapy.:P

Karma to you for not bragging too much about out fishing me again and for not belting those rude nobs. I think we left just in time as there was a tropical Aaron storm brewing for deep inside. :woohoo: It was tangable.:S

Tim, I will never get used to rudeness and what's more I don't think I should have to. We did walk - it's not like we were at the wall, we went cross country that's why it is so shamefull. These people did not have to carry anything as they had a cross country trolly with them to help carry all the undersize fish. I will never \"get used\" to that.

Aaron I hope you bought plenty!:);) I found some 15 silver but no gold. However I will pick you up one of those oversize gold spoons just to have in your tackle box.

Hullo Is that the fisheries hotline ?

Hi my name is Fred Nurke I am ringing you from between forgans Cove and bullockies Rest on the NPD.

Oh you are just at MacGavins View.Good could you come over here there is a group of people using more than the legal amount of rods and are keeping undersize fish and are over the bag limit anyhow.

Ok see you in about 15 minuites . I have taken some photos of them so you will be able to identify them.

Bye see you soon.

They will either run like buggery or stick you with a knife.

Seriously they have been active around there Dino has seen them a few times and the more calls they get the higher liklyhood they will respond.

They have changed the hotline and you are suppised to speak to a real person nowdays so definatly ring up and dob them.

Ray

whatnow wrote:

and is there a limit on how many rods one person can be using at a time?

It varies depending on where you are and what your doing,

But from what was described, IE fresh water, they are with the lines, they are allowed 6 each. The grey area is what is a set line? If they are set lines they also have to be tagged. (Total count is still 6, whether they are set lines a combo, or not set lines).

see-
/>http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/cps/rde/xchg/dpi/hs.xsl/28_3023_ENA_HTML.htm

Dan, too be honest I would even just buy a Kokoda G-vibe. I don't personally use them(still refuse :P), but they cost about the same as a packet and they are proven performers. As for the prawns, Angus and I used them once for a short time ages ago but all the hits were on the live shrimp. I have heard reports about them working once or twice tho.

Archived